Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

Such a pain in the head being a fan of this team. We throw all this money at it, have such an enthusiastic fan base, and yet we look like the hottest mess in the sport. Great moment for curry today and also a really nice performance from Seebold in the first half on senior day. Phaup battled as he always does. Good that they gave DePietro some time late. Another guy who gave so much over a long period of time. Whatever happens with Dordevic he gave us a hell of a season. Tough to keep the head up but have to support the players.
Good point on the money SU spends; I believe I saw an article a few years back it’s more than any other program.

I don't buy this stuff at all. In his long tenure as women's LAX head coach, I don't recall ever hearing that there were disgruntled players.

On the other hand, if you, and your parents, think you are God's gift to lacrosse, and Gait may be suggesting otherwise, you may become disgruntled. Check the roster outside the starters. Anybody played? Don't you think they would have played if they could have helped? That might tell you something.
Agree 100%

hey sorry this is clearly off topic but i need a answer and not sure where or how to find it. But can someone explain to me why or how stoney brooke at 4-2 in conference play isn’t in conference tournament over umbc albany and binghamton when all them are least 3-3? know not cuse related but figure more smart people here to help answer that question.

hey sorry this is clearly off topic but i need a answer and not sure where or how to find it. But can someone explain to me why or how stoney brooke at 4-2 in conference play isn’t in conference tournament over umbc albany and binghamton when all them are least 3-3? know not cuse related but figure more smart people here to help answer that question.
I believe because they’re switching conferences they’re not allowed to play in their tournaments this year

yup thank you and grant doubt he will want to leave but be awesome if they could steal dylan pallonetti from stoney brooke to come to cuse lol

ND is 6-4, hardly a great team although if they could play Syracuse every game then yes I would agree because they certainly play their best against the Orange.
Do you just look at stats in a vacuum??

ND is a very very good team which lost a couple of early games to Gtwn and Penn I think. They are better than their record as the announcers said over and over. They could easily run the table and be in the final weekend.

Do you just look at stats in a vacuum??

ND is a very very good team which lost a couple of early games to Gtwn and Penn I think. They are better than their record as the announcers said over and over. They could easily run the table and be in the final weekend.

Looking at a team's record isn't just looking at stats in a vacuum. Now you've already backtracked from saying they're a great team to a very very good team. There is only one great team this season (ND lost to them earlier not to Penn). Sure they could run the table and get to the finals and they could also miss the tournament if they lose to Duke next weekend.

Jovan Miller on his Instagram just said that he thinks Dordevic should transfer and show his talents on a bigger stage. And then ended it with calling us a 2nd tier team now... Lmao yikes

Contract and who he is in relation to his history with Syracuse. It would take a lot more then 1 year of bad lacrosse for SU to even consider making a move.
Jovan Miller on his Instagram just said that he thinks Dordevic should transfer and show his talents on a bigger stage. And then ended it with calling us a 2nd tier team now... Lmao yikes

Jovan was a great player for the program but he is not a great supporter. Don’t know all the Details but I’ve heard him speak on a few occasions and he seems to have an axe to grind on a number of topics . Honestly, we don’t need guys like him spreading negativity

Jovan was a great player for the program but he is not a great supporter. Don’t know all the Details but I’ve heard him speak on a few occasions and he seems to have an axe to grind on a number of topics . Honestly, we don’t need guys like him spreading negativity

Nothing agaisnt Jovan Miller personally but it's ironic to have him taking shots after he underachieved for 4 years here

Last edited:
Nothing agaisnt Jovan Miller personally but it's ironic to have him taking shots after he grossly underachieved for 4 years here
For the sake of the current players on the team he should obviously keep his mouth shut. Would bet he has some strong opinions on the desko removal. Hard to look at his time here and say he grossly underachieved.

For the sake of the current players on the team he should obviously keep his mouth shut. Would bet he has some strong opinions on the desko removal. Hard to look at his time here and say he grossly underachieved.

Perhaps grossly is an overstatement but hard to say he lived up to his rank and recruit hype no?

Perhaps grossly is an overstatement but hard to say he lived up to his rank and recruit hype no?
Don't have a strong opinion, but he had an impact as a two way middie for two national champ wins in his first two years. In the end he wasn't putting up major offensive numbers, but still not a guy 100% devoted to O ever. Certainly do not defend whatever it is he is saying on instagram.

Looking at a team's record isn't just looking at stats in a vacuum. Now you've already backtracked from saying they're a great team to a very very good team. There is only one great team this season (ND lost to them earlier not to Penn). Sure they could run the table and get to the finals and they could also miss the tournament if they lose to Duke next weekend.
Fine. My point remains valid - a team could be 6-4 with 4 one goal losses or the losses all against strong teams. A team's record reflects only part of their overall performance.

I happen to think Cuse's record is somewhat misleading given the strength of schedule and close losses, particularly when you compare their record to teams in weaker divisions.

Fine. My point remains valid - a team could be 6-4 with 4 one goal losses or the losses all against strong teams. A team's record reflects only part of their overall performance.

I happen to think Cuse's record is somewhat misleading given the strength of schedule and close losses, particularly when you compare their record to teams in weaker divisions.
I think we are all on a short fuse right now given the frustration of the season.
I think I need a break from making comments ha ha :cool:

Don't have a strong opinion, but he had an impact as a two way middie for two national champ wins in his first two years. In the end he wasn't putting up major offensive numbers, but still not a guy 100% devoted to O ever. Certainly do not defend whatever it is he is saying on instagram.

You male some good points, I removed the grossly line. Also as you noted his comments now are indefensible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom