Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

Hearing the same on Dordevic unfortunately, don't expect him back.

That's unfortunate. I wonder why he announced a few weeks ago he was def coming back if he wasn't really sure. Either way I think this means you got to hit the portal a little harder for some veterans.

Then why the hell did he have to say he was coming back if he wasn’t sure??? What the hell hate this crap
the pearl said he was coming back. roy williams said he was coming back to kansas post game after we just beat them. carmelo said he was coming back ... you have to take these pronouncements with a grain of salt.

Then why the hell did he have to say he was coming back if he wasn’t sure??? What the hell hate this crap

Unclear to be honest but the season ending the way it did I don't think helped matters

I’ve heard from a close close source he is coming back .however ..that may now be up in the air over the last few weeks ..

More concerning is that the players hate Gait and that is definitely real ..it has been confirmed by both players and parents ..Gait has basically been dis-engaged or playing mind games with Guys

Petra may or may not be back ..depending on openings

We’ve got some cultural problems right now and that needs to be addressed asap or some of that talent may not show up on campus

We’ve got some cultural problems right now and that needs to be addressed
#22 last year was dismissed on domestic charges. yeah we got some issues to clean up. we got a major mess.

I’ve heard from a close close source he is coming back .however ..that may now be up in the air over the last few weeks ..

More concerning is that the players hate Gait and that is definitely real ..it has been confirmed by both players and parents ..Gait has basically been dis-engaged or playing mind games with Guys

We’ve got some cultural problems right now and that needs to be addressed asap or some of that talent may not show up on campus
Stuff like how players are treated you would think is consistent no matter if he is coaching womens or mens team. Were there warning signs with his treatment of womens players? Were they happy to see him go? It’s just so shocking that a beloved coach on one side could come over to the other and everyone hates him all of a sudden. It doesn’t quite add up, but man was I hoping we would get at least one years rest from these “the team is fundamentally broken” conversations. Just a nightmare.

The program is at an all time low Desko always said he would be sitting in the box with Jr but I haven’t seen him all season

being a GREAT player doesn't necessarily make you a great coach. and women's lax ain't the same game.

Stuff like how players are treated you would think is consistent no matter if he is coaching womens or mens team. Were there warning signs with his treatment of womens players? Were they happy to see him go? It’s just so shocking that a beloved coach on one side could come over to the other and everyone hates him all of a sudden. It doesn’t quite add up, but man was I hoping we would get at least one years rest from these “the team is fundamentally broken” conversations. Just a nightmare.

Yeah I wasn’t able to find out the details but was told pretty directly He was not liked by many ..why? Not sure ..but it was from about 8
guys and some who are starters ..

They all loved Desko and that was also clear

Could be “not my guy” / or in Gaiit’s case “not my guys” syndrome but we have some cleaning up to do to save what’s good and keep the good guys coming

Is Wildhack aware of this? Or is he turning a blind eye.

I can't speak to all of that but I have heard there are major questions about whether Gait was the right decision to replace Desko and there's some concern his hire was a mistake. The bigger problem I've heard is that if this is correct SU has very limited options and will he loathed to move on from Gait anytime soon.

The program is at an all time low Desko always said he would be sitting in the box with Jr but I haven’t seen him all season
Desko bleeds orange but I'm sure there was a wry smile from time to time when he saw this year's debacle.

well you may not like gait as your coach but you best dammwell respect him as a player. dude has rings.

There's almost nothing Wildhack can do even if it's 100% accurate.
wildhack has overseen the collapse of football , basketball and lacrosse . his job should be discussed.

well you may not like gait as your coach but you best dammwell respect him as a player. dude has rings.
I thought Gait was the correct hire if Desko had to go and then he hired Petro who in my opinion was and is the wrong man for the job it’s been all down hill since

Said from day 1 these hires were a gamble. Point made by someone earlier in the season how they hire gait with just a quick walk across the hall rather than a full search. Seemed too grim at the time, but now it stays on the mind. We may pay dearly for not playing it safe with simply a Mens D1 coach who is trending in the right direction.

Dordevic has never won a playoff game. Probably wants to go somewhere he can taste some success. Cuse should be improved next year but not a title contender. Maryland makes a lot of sense given they lose Wisnauskas and Khan. I presume Tucker is friends with Ajax Zapitello from Portland

wildhack has overseen the collapse of football , basketball and lacrosse . his job should be discussed.

Right or wrong his seat isn't remotely warm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom