Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

Dordevic has never won a playoff game. Probably wants to go somewhere he can taste some success. Cuse should be improved next year but not a title contender. Maryland makes a lot of sense given they lose Wisnauskas and Khan. I presume Tucker is friends with Ajax Zapitello from Portland
sad but possible. this season will raise questions in the mind once unthinkable but now plausible .

Dordevic has never won a playoff game. Probably wants to go somewhere he can taste some success. Cuse should be improved next year but not a title contender. Maryland makes a lot of sense given they lose Wisnauskas and Khan. I presume Tucker is friends with Ajax Zapitello from Portland
He will have to change his game immensely if he goes to the Terps he needs the ball alot and with Terps he will not have the green light to take 20+ shots a game

Agree with this ..however .Maryland loses a ton this year and would need to replace Wisnauskas, Khan . Murphy and many other big pieces leaving ..not sure they are on the up next year unless Timman raids the portal again ..a natty would certainly help his cause

Dude Entenmann has made a half dozen point blank saves, Thompson couldn't stop a beach ball are u even watching the game?
i totally agree entenmann is a decent goalie and for some odd reason our goalies let in a hefty amount of low to no angle shots that go in near side how does that happen no way on low angle shot should get beat near side

Agree with this ..however .Maryland loses a ton this year and would need to replace Wisnauskas, Khan . Murphy and many other big pieces leaving ..not sure they are on the up next year unless Timman raids the portal again ..a natty would certainly help his cause
think you mean donville? murphy still has three years of eligibility

tillman absolutely will raid the portal again

Also i’m sorry tuck is not an attack an. Just look what he does he dodges to get shot off 15-20yrds out like he was doing at midfield. That’s not what most attack an do or try to do when dodging . They dodge to get close shot or look to draw slide n dump but tuck as good as he is doesn’t look to pass when he dodges mostly always looking to shoot. Which is why last few games super impressed and proud of curry who has dodge and made some great feeds mostly to birtwhistle.

Also i’m sorry tuck is not an attack an. Just look what he does he dodges to get shot off 15-20yrds out like he was doing at midfield. That’s not what most attack an do or try to do when dodging . They dodge to get close shot or look to draw slide n dump but tuck as good as he is doesn’t look to pass when he dodges mostly always looking to shoot. Which is why last few games super impressed and proud of curry who has dodge and made some great feeds mostly to birtwhistle.
Nor is he a facilitator

i totally agree entenmann is a decent goalie and for some odd reason our goalies let in a hefty amount of low to no angle shots that go in near side how does that happen no way on low angle shot should get beat near side
Maybe the best way to describe the Cuse goalies is to say that they were not impressive but it's hard to evaluate them given the horrendous defense. Apples to apples is put them on ND and then see how they do. Obviously, that ain't happening.

Also not sure what everyone expected this year specially after hiltz got hurt. I thought would be a rough season and would lose decent amount of games. Also didn’t think would make playoffs grant didn’t think would be this bad but wasn’t expecting a lot even less when all injuries happen. But the defense and goalies alone have to drastically change. But also the offense needs to stop making lazy passes and stupid unforced turnovers and whole team needs to get way better at ground balls or maby moving ball away from traffic then pick it up. Also on faceoffs wing play needs to improve specially when scrum feel like one wing guy should stay on one side off/def n other guy opposite. Feel we all bunch going for ball just for it to pop out where we have no one n other team player right there for easy gb n go.

every player wants a final 4 shot. that used to be our sales pitch. we can't guarantee that anymore.

Contract and who he is in relation to his history with Syracuse. It would take a lot more then 1 year of bad lacrosse for SU to even consider making a move.

This. People act like we had options. The greatest player in history was in the Athletic Department and had done a nice job on the womens' side. How do you not offer him?

And FWIW, he'll be fine. Recruiting was abysmal for years, the talent deficit is real, and Gait isnt a "coach 'em up" type. This was going to happen. He gets next year and the year after. If 2024 is not good, I think that's when you start looking at a move.

Last edited:
yes tuck is not a qb type which worried me him being at attack. He needs to look to pass more and get teammates involved if he comes back. Hope he does but he needs to be able to feed ball if shot isn’t there and work for closer range shots may fall more then outside rips he does all day. Grant he does have cannon with both hands but need higher quality shots. Think offense wise was biggest problem no one is qb type like stephen was last year. Would say most of our players are all shooters not really dodgers but shooters which limits a lot of what you can do. also helps defense play you easier. the year is over felt like waited long time for this and was disappointed but hopefully next year vastly diff. Also little disappointed with gaits lack of coaching during game if he isn’t gonna coach in game and let his assistants do it then why do we have him ?

Not happening

Such a pain in the head being a fan of this team. We throw all this money at it, have such an enthusiastic fan base, and yet we look like the hottest mess in the sport. Great moment for curry today and also a really nice performance from Seebold in the first half on senior day. Phaup battled as he always does. Good that they gave DePietro some time late. Another guy who gave so much over a long period of time. Whatever happens with Dordevic he gave us a hell of a season. Tough to keep the head up but have to support the players.

n no think cuse goalies just arnt good even shots thought weren’t good they let in as said seen so many no angle what so ever get beat near side. the goalies just weren’t anything special. Think thompson better then gavin but think both don’t make any wow saves or hand speed and guess to much instead of going stick with stick.

Such a pain in the head being a fan of this team. We throw all this money at it, have such an enthusiastic fan base, and yet we look like the hottest mess in the sport. Great moment for curry today and also a really nice performance from Seebold in the first half on senior day. Phaup battled as he always does. Good that they gave DePietro some time late. Another guy who gave so much over a long period of time. Whatever happens with Dordevic he gave us a hell of a season. Tough to keep the head up but have to support the players.
I used to go to all the games, But last year really killed it for me. It left the same taste Cuse football gives me. I hate losing, I'm a sore loser, so watching this year and last year has really put a dagger in my fanhood. Its disgusting how much money we put into lacrosse just to have these crap results.

This. People act like we had options. The greatest player in history was in the Athletic Department and had done a nice job on the womens' side. How do you not offer him?

And FWIW, he'll be fine. Recruiting was abysmal for years, the talent deficit is real, and Gait isnt a "coach 'em up" type. This was going to happen. He get's next year and the year after. If 2024 is not good, I think that's when you start looking at a move.

This, but also people need to remember SU didn't pursue Gait for the job initially, he pursued it once it was clear Desko was being asked to retire.

I don't buy this stuff at all. In his long tenure as women's LAX head coach, I don't recall ever hearing that there were disgruntled players.

On the other hand, if you, and your parents, think you are God's gift to lacrosse, and Gait may be suggesting otherwise, you may become disgruntled. Check the roster outside the starters. Anybody played? Don't you think they would have played if they could have helped? That might tell you something.

I don't buy this stuff at all. In his long tenure as women's LAX head coach, I don't recall ever hearing that there were disgruntled players.

On the other hand, if you, and your parents, think you are God's gift to lacrosse, and Gait may be suggesting otherwise, you may become disgruntled. Check the roster outside the starters. Anybody played? Don't you think they would have played if they could have helped? That might tell you something.
I sincerely hope you are correct. Hoping our problems don't go beyond gait getting settled in with the men's team and the current deficiencies in talent. You seem to have always had an in with the women's team so to hear that from you is somewhat assuring. A portal exodus would be telling however.

Great take! Benson's offense is very different and there is no way that he will get the green light to shoot greater than 10 times per game. Benson will be a HC soon, so there may be chance he may jump this offseason if something becomes available.
He will have to change his game immensely if he goes to the Terps he needs the ball alot and with Terps he will not have the green light to take 20+ shots a game

THREE 1st round exits.

The 5-0 mystery start which may have also ended in a 1st round exit.

This year's performance.

If you play bad enough to get the old coaching staff fired, you really shouldn't complain if the new staff isn't as nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom