Notre Dame - no coverage in NYC (non-satellite) | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame - no coverage in NYC (non-satellite)

Zippy1808

2nd String
We've been down this road before... but it's disappointing that New York's College Team will not be seen on regular (non-satellite) television in the New York City market for Notre Dame on Tuesday.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-network-affiliates-syracuse-at-notre-dame-02-24-2015

Instead, on regular ACC Network affiliate WLNY, there will be a Law and Order rerun followed by a 9pm news (which is basically a repackaged version of the WCBS 5/6pm news)

When the schedule came out, I thought this was a circle the calendar kind of game. Of course things are different now, but I still can't understand why WLNY won't pick these weeknight games up.

We've been down this road before... but it's disappointing that New York's College Team will not be seen on regular (non-satellite) television in the New York City market for Notre Dame on Tuesday.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-network-affiliates-syracuse-at-notre-dame-02-24-2015

Instead, on regular ACC Network affiliate WLNY, there will be a Law and Order rerun followed by a 9pm news (which is basically a repackaged version of the WCBS 5/6pm news)

When the schedule came out, I thought this was a circle the calendar kind of game. Of course things are different now, but I still can't understand why WLNY won't pick these weeknight games up.
Right...especially ND.

But at least you get the other WLNY games.
Parts of North Jersey don't get it...so didn't see Pitt, among other games.
Part of the way SU ignores a large fan base.
Hard to believe "New York's College Team" doesn't find a way to get the games on somewhere.
Do it enough and it costs the team fans.

What's worse is that ESPNU is showing BC v. Pitt.....really?

What makes it even more bizarre: Notre Dame, which has a big fan following in NYC, is a top 10 ranked team.

Really frustrating and hopefully the ACC will be able to get a NYC based station with better coverage than WLNY. Between SNY, MSG and YES you'd think one of them would be willing to broadcast ACC games.

Still, the Raycom produced game has much better picture quality through ESPN 3 than a regular ESPN game.

What makes it even more bizarre: Notre Dame, which has a big fan following in NYC, is a top 10 ranked team.

Something must have happened.

Pitt game was on WLNY and, throughout the game they were running promos that, either the SU-ND or the NC State-NC game would be on Tuesday at 8.

Now, neither game is on.

Forza Azzurri said:
Something must have happened. Pitt game was on WLNY and, throughout the game they were running promos that, either the SU-ND or the NC State-NC game would be on Tuesday at 8. Now, neither game is on.

That's right. Remember seeing that.

Something must have happened.

Pitt game was on WLNY and, throughout the game they were running promos that, either the SU-ND or the NC State-NC game would be on Tuesday at 8.

Now, neither game is on.

That wasn't a local promo, probably an ACC network commercial. Same commercials ran here in Philadelphia and we had the SU v Pitt game on the local CBS affiliate and there is no way that they are picking up a college basketball game during prime time on a Tuesday night.

pfister1 said:
That wasn't a local promo, probably an ACC network commercial. Same commercials ran here in Philadelphia and we had the SU v Pitt game on the local CBS affiliate and there is no way that they are picking up a college basketball game during prime time on a Tuesday night.

You're right, probably wasn't a local promo. But that's the problem with the ACC Network. It's haphazard and disorganized. I long for the days of SNY.

You're right, probably wasn't a local promo. But that's the problem with the ACC Network. It's haphazard and disorganized. I long for the days of SNY.

I found it funny that they kept showing Food Lion commercials and things were sponsored by Food Lion. How many of the people watching that game live within 100 miles of a Food Lion?

I found it funny that they kept showing Food Lion commercials and things were sponsored by Food Lion. How many of the people watching that game live within 100 miles of a Food Lion?
They're big in the Carolinas.

It'll be ESPN3 again here in Atlanta as the local affiliate is (understandably) picking up the NS State @ UNC game.

With a larger pool of concurrent TV-worthy games this is bound to happen. There were no such issues in the BE.

The television situation with this ACC gig has been an absolute abomination. Christ, the friggin aac gets more of its games on real TV than the mighty ACC Oh Lord

Looks like back to espn3 for me too. I can tolerate the picture and sound issues but have been spoiled by my dvr. I love being able to start a game whenever I waqnt and to pause etc. and not miss a thing. Rewind to watch my own replays (like when I need to confirm in my mind that someone just took 5 steps including one out of bounds yet wasn't called for a travel!) and then fast forward back through next commercial break. Not sure what the point is of having games on "bounceTv" channels since so few people actually get them.

Hurrah... It is on Channel 723 on Direct Tv (a full court channel). That suggests most sports bars will probably be able to show it.

Hurrah... It is on Channel 723 on Direct Tv (a full court channel). That suggests most sports bars will probably be able to show it.

Yes I noticed it was on Full Court instead of the ACC affiliate here in KC. Full Court isn't in HD but I can deal with that. When I complain about that, my dad reminds me how he used to go all over the house in Liverpool and then in Georgia when I was a kid trying to pick up the radio signal for the Iowa games on the 50,000 watt Iowa City radio station

Third game this year that the ACC network affiliate in NYC will not pick up the ACC game on a week night. They show re-runs instead. Can't we get TGD and the ACC/Raycom to address this? It's ridiculous that SU is not getting proper carriage in NYC. You would think somebody might care about it.

Third game this year that the ACC network affiliate in NYC will not pick up the ACC game on a week night. They show re-runs instead. Can't we get TGD and the ACC/Raycom to address this? It's ridiculous that SU is not getting proper carriage in NYC. You would think somebody might care about it.
Giansante is probably too busy watching Oregon games doing play by play with the volume down. Or he doesn't know about it because "it's not something you think you'd have to check" :bat:

ESPN is clearly trying to drive up viewership for E3. I was told a year ago that SU garners some of the highest ratings for E3.

ESPN is clearly trying to drive up viewership for E3. I was told a year ago that SU garners some of the highest ratings for E3.

Yes, unfortunately I believe those ratings overload the ESPN servers and make games impossible to watch.

The game is on live in the NY Metro area. It is on ESPN Game Plan 3, which aint free. My cable company (FIOS) offers it and I'm sure the others do too.

SNY is showing a Mets rerun game. Who was watching the Mets even when it was live in the summer?

Not on in Rochester, either!