Nova - end of regulation - video | Syracusefan.com

Nova - end of regulation - video

I recognize in this a simple yet vital parable, which is further illustrated by this short, but very meaningful, video:

Edit: For the love of Bernie! Why when I copy the enbed code that starts the video at a certain point(in this case, at 3:45, where the song starts), why does it always show the whole video on here? For those of us closely familiar with brain damage, the whole video is a treat. However I didn't expect a large audience to watch all of that, and the 90 second message in Eclipse was what I was intending to transmit.

Edit #2: Warning- This is more off topic, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone were interested. I once took a college course entitled, "The History of the 60s", in a moderately large lecture hall. I possibly sat in a seat that tee1222 had also occupied not terribly long before. Quite possibly, his positive energy still lingered and had an influence on my work, like Crowley's house may have effected Robert Plant's hand that he described as moving on it's own as he wrote Stairway to Heaven.

Our professor defined the end of the 60's as when Nixon left office. With that in mind, we were asked to choose a song from that era which we felt represented the 60s the best, write a little about it, and hand it in before we left. The winner got to bring in a CD and play the song on the last day of class. I reckon I took a bit longer than some, and I passionately put together a case for "Eclipse". I still am surprised to this day that my "essay" was selected by the professor as the best. Obviously, those 2 songs(for different reasons), the album(by far, the longest charting of all time), and the band itself, have been an important part of my life.

***I just felt compelled to let a handful of people know that my writing ability was not always mocked. ;)

Last edited:
I recognize in this a simple yet vital parable, which is further illustrated by this short, but very meaningful, video:

Edit: For the love of Bernie! Why when I copy the enbed code that starts the video at a certain point(in this case, at 3:45, where the song starts), why does it always show the whole video on here? For those of us closely familiar with brain damage, the whole video is a treat. However I didn't expect a large audience to watch all of that, and the 90 second message in Eclipse was what I was intending to transmit.

Edit #2: Warning- This is more off topic, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone were interested. I once took a college course entitled, "The History of the 60s", in a moderately large lecture hall. I possibly sat in a seat that tee1222 had also occupied not terribly long before. Quite possibly, his positive energy still lingered and had an influence on my work, like Crowley's house may have effected Robert Plant's hand that he described as moving on it's own as he wrote Stairway to Heaven.

Our professor defined the end of the 60's as when Nixon left office. With that in mind, we were asked to choose a song from that era which we felt represented the 60s the best, write a little about it, and hand it in before we left. The winner got to bring in a CD and play the song on the last day of class. I reckon I took a bit longer than some, and I passionately put together a case for "Eclipse". I still am surprised to this day that my "essay" was selected by the professor as the best. Obviously, those 2 songs(for different reasons), the album(by far, the longest charting of all time), and the band itself, have been an important part of my life.

***I just felt compelled to let a handful of people know that my writing ability was not always mocked. ;)

As a huge pink floyd fan I deem this the best post ever...

CaptainJ said:
Our professor defined the end of the 60's as when Nixon left office.

Confused. So the 60s ended in 1974? That must've been one helluva acid trip your professor was on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom