Nova Game - All things considered pretty good showing I guess | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nova Game - All things considered pretty good showing I guess

That second half was horrible. We could have been up 20 at the half and would have still lost.

Its not a 'we won't win another game this year against anyone with a pulse' type of loss but I don't think Nova played that great and the game was there for the taking.

And despite those outcomes, it’s still a Q3 loss. Try again.
Um they are going to lose more games against lower level teams. It will drop them in the rankings.

That second half was horrible. We could have been up 20 at the half and would have still lost.

Its not a 'we won't win another game this year against anyone with a pulse' type of loss but I don't think Nova played that great and the game was there for the taking.
Interesting math.

Guess what? We didn’t play that great either. Outrebounded by a large margin. Buddy and Swider combined for 11 points. Edwards struggled from the field and the line. Yet, to your point, it was there for the taking.

Could Nova play better if we faced them again? No question. So could we.

Um they are going to lose more games against lower level teams. It will drop them in the rankings.
What are you basing this on? Which teams?

They are terrible they lost to Harvard cornell and Niagara.
It’s a quad 3 loss period. Another shthole post on this board with no factual basis for the post.

The game Colgate dialed up against Syracuse was exactly the type of game that a team like that would dial up in the NCAAT as a low seed and knock out a 2 or 3 seed.

At this point the only thing I care about today is tracking to see if that loss is q3 or q4. Very excited for it.

It’s a quad 3 loss period. Another shthole post on this board with no factual basis for the post.
Wth is your problem whether it's a q 3 or 4 it's a horrible loss. Let's see what they do against Pitt tonight.

They could lose any one of their final 4 ooc games plus games in the Patriot league.
While they did lose to Pitt tonight, it was the only remaining non-conference game that could drag down their NET. Winning one of the next three will cancel that out.

Meanwhile, they went 14-1 last year in the Patriot with virtually the same roster. That translated to #9 overall in NET heading into the tournament.

Our loss to Colgate could drop to a Q4 after tonight. I think that will be temporary and will be Q3 at the end of the season. In other words, not horrible, and not anything like three losses.

I’m sure you’ll continue to judge them by nothing more than the name on the front of the jersey.

While they did lose to Pitt tonight, it was the only remaining non-conference game that could drag down their NET. Winning one of the next three will cancel that out.

Meanwhile, they went 14-1 last year in the Patriot with virtually the same roster. That translated to #9 overall in NET heading into the tournament.

Our loss to Colgate could drop to a Q4 after tonight. I think that will be temporary and will be Q3 at the end of the season. In other words, not horrible, and not anything like three losses.

I’m sure you’ll continue to judge them by nothing more than the name on the front of the jersey.
That number 9 was an aberration. They are probably going to lose to st johns. May even lose to Vermont and monmouth. At the end of the day it was a horrible loss.

That number 9 was an aberration. They are probably going to lose to st johns. May even lose to Vermont and monmouth. At the end of the day it was a horrible loss.
The Cowboys leading the division is an aberration. They are probably going to lose to the WFT.

And then they go to the Giants and Cardinals.

Seasons over. Another year of missing the playoffs.

Sad.

q3, q4, q29… it was a bad loss. Wild how this is being discussed. But I can’t wait to track it all year regardless. Lot riding on it, it appears.

q3, q4, q29… it was a bad loss. Wild how this is being discussed. But I can’t wait to track it all year regardless. Lot riding on it, it appears.
No other team of any repute has ever taken a loss this bad.

I think it's the way that game was lost vs losing. Basketball is a fun sport because crazy upsets happen regularly. Getting outscored 98-68 after taking a 17-2 lead is a little more rare.
That lead precipitated the loss. The whole team put it into the win column and their minds went to Atlantis. Very much like a first round upset in the NCAAT where the heavily favored team is looking ahead to the next games. Probably a good lesson for the team.

saw a stat that SU is like 57-3 when holding opponents under 33% shooting. Nova shot 32.something% for the game.

This game "should've" been a win.

saw a stat that SU is like 57-3 when holding opponents under 33% shooting. Nova shot 32.something% for the game.

This game "should've" been a win.
Nova went full Roy era UNC on us, playing volleyball off the glass. Their best offense was a missed shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom