Nova/OU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Nova/OU

If we win tonight I so much wanted to play Oklahoma. We wouldn't have done what Nova did on the offensive end, but we would have defensively. It would have been like 2003 when Oklahoma couldn't figure out the zone.

Hard to believe that Villanova lost to Oklahoma by 23 in December.

27d3fd01818c7984188fba4dbdbc20ff1d9b50f0daae956f96d36bd510f582a0.jpg

What a beat down. Ouch. But after shooting a red hot 71%, Nova will probably shoot 25% next game. Law of averages.

Nova shooting percentage amazing but what goes up must eventually come down...

What a beat down. Ouch. But after shooting a red hot 71%, Nova will probably shoot 25% next game. Law of averages.

Except they've shot that well all tourney.

Except they've shot that well all tourney.
Well, high 50's (and one low 60) in their first 3 games, 46 vs. KS. So they're capable of poor shooting.

That game reminded me of the 1971 eastern regional final when a 28-0 #3 ranked Pennsylvania team lost to Villanova, whom they'd already beaten twice during the season, 47-90. One team was missing all it's shots and the other was making all theirs and eventually the effort of the team that was behind just sort of collapsed.

It also reminded me of our 2006 loss at DePaul where the same thing happened.

orangeinohio said:
For any U of Rochester grads here - Jay Wright was an asst coach for the Yellowjackets in the mid 1980's.
JB interviewed there after Danforth left SU for Tulane and said he was going to take the job there unless SU hired him that day.

That is how he got the HC job at Syracuse...

JB interviewed there after Danforth left SU for Tulane and said he was going to take the job there unless SU hired him that day.

That is how he got the HC job at Syracuse...

Cranky Jim Boeheim at the Palestra would have been classic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom