Nova represents everything right about CBB | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Nova represents everything right about CBB

You can have all the opinions you want. But your opinions being taken as seriously as you like isn't going to happen.
I don’t care if nobody agrees with me as I call it like I see it.
If people disagree I got no problem. I admit when I am wrong unlike others.

You create strawmans whereby anyone criticizing JB is wrong.

While 99% of the board talks about basketball based on our observations, Townie just beats up straw men and complains about how everybody on the internet is dumber than he is. And maybe he hasn't stated it, I don't know, but his posting history suggests that he thinks Boeheim can do no wrong. (If anybody's got evidence to the contrary, I'll be quick to apologize.)

Not a lot to defend and admire there, but to each his own...

Talk about basketball?

You mean this non stop whining about JB, the players, the assistant coaches, the offensive and defensive strategies all borne out of frustration over the last loss is "talking about basketball"?

You could have fooled me.

Why can't that BS be challenged?

Talk about basketball?

You mean this non stop whining about JB, the players, the assistant coaches, the offensive and defensive strategies all borne out of frustration over the last loss is "talking about basketball"?

Replace JB with Bobby Bowden in 2006-2009 in FSU fanbase.
You would have let Bowden coach forever. FSU was fine post-Bowden and Bowden built that program from scratch and could have left numerous times.
JB is going nowhere now till buddy is gone.

How are you able to tell when he is wrong? Listen to Alsacs? Listen to any of the small number of posters who somehow are able to identify the weaknesses in the program and come up with solutions even though they have never coached anything in their lives?

Your takes on JB are a beautiful thing. :)

On that note, I had a beautiful ornamental tree in my yard, and other than just simple observation (sight is a beautiful thing too) I observed how thick and full the foliage would get on it by late spring and throughout the summer months. Recently, however, I had observed that the foliage wasn't as dense as years past. Now, I'm not an arborist, and have never been in my lifetime, but it certainly appeared that something was "wrong." I'm glad I ended up taking some action, as there was an issue below the surface. Again, I'm no tree expert/professional by any means, but I'm sure glad I have these things on my face, otherwise known as eyes, that assisted in signaling me that something may indeed be "wrong." ;)

Talk about basketball?

Challenge it with your knowledge about the game, not your ad hominem nonsense.

What went right on Tuesday? What could have been improved on Saturday? Come to think of it, I can't recall an actual basketball opinion from you.

We are irrelevant on national TV. So the criticism doesn’t come from there.
Please tell me where on the net besides here where people care about Syracuse hoops?

The criticism comes from watching the team.

Let's dissect your post.

"We are irrelevant on national TV"

What's "national TV" got to do with it? I watch every game on TV including when I am out of the US.

"You create strawmans whereby anyone criticizing JB is wrong."

Since that's not an English sentence, it's hard to argue with it. But what usually happens is that you or one of the other constant complainers makes a statement and I argue with it. And you don't like that. Right?

Let's dissect your post.

"We are irrelevant on national TV"

What's "national TV" got to do with it? I watch every game on TV including when I am out of the US.

"You create strawmans whereby anyone criticizing JB is wrong."

Since that's not an English sentence, it's hard to argue with it. But what usually happens is that you or one of the other constant complainers makes a statement and I argue with it. And you don't like that. Right?
I believe the correct mantra is let people get constructive criticism out and typically it allows it to be flushed out on the board.
Instead of that you argue that criticism into JB can do wrong.

Thus the argument turns from the criticism that is leveled to JB is never wrong and causes your argument to turn into the person criticizing isn’t a true SU fan and should switch teams.
JB has made mistakes. He isn’t perfect and his decisions can be questioned.

Talk about basketball?

I already tried this, these guys just complain and moan about the same old things while absolutely presenting no solutions. Weather its recruiting, JB, the zone, our offense, our medical staff, our forwards, our centers it never ends, just infesting the site like locusts casting their negative BS on everyone. But luckily he doesn't care!

Your takes on JB are a beautiful thing. :)

On that note, I had a beautiful ornamental tree in my yard, and other than just simple observation (sight is a beautiful thing too) I observed how thick and full the foliage would get on it by late spring and throughout the summer months. Recently, however, I had observed that the foliage wasn't as dense as years past. Now, I'm not an arborist, and have never been in my lifetime, but it certainly appeared that something was "wrong." I'm glad I ended up taking some action, as there was an issue below the surface. Again, I'm no tree expert/professional by any means, but I'm sure glad I have these things on my face, otherwise known as eyes, that assisted in signaling me that something may indeed be "wrong." ;)

But that's not the argument.

If SU basketball were that tree you talked about, the constant complainers and faux-experts on here would be all over the problem voicing opinions and taking umbrage when their opinions are challenged.

I can hear it now.

It's your fault for not watering and feeding the tree.

It's your fault since the tree never should have been planted on that side of the house anyway.

It's Global Warming and Big Oil or the coal Industry.

It's Acid rain.

I believe the correct mantra is let people get constructive criticism out and typically it allows it to be flushed out on the board.
Instead of that you argue that criticism into JB can do wrong.

Thus the argument turns from the criticism that is leveled to JB is never wrong and causes your argument to turn into the person criticizing isn’t a true SU fan and should switch teams.
JB has made mistakes. He isn’t perfect and his decisions can be questioned.

You wrote, "He isn’t perfect and his decisions can be questioned."

Can your criticisms or recommendations be questioned?

But that's not the argument.

If SU basketball were that tree you talked about, the constant complainers and faux-experts on here would be all over the problem voicing opinions and taking umbrage when their opinions are challenged.

I can hear it now.

It's your fault for not watering and feeding the tree.

It's your fault since the tree never should have been planted on that side of the house anyway.

It's Global Warming and Big Oil or the coal Industry.

It's Acid rain.

Keep politics off this board. LOL.

I already tried this, these guys just complain and moan about the same old things while absolutely presenting no solutions. Weather its recruiting, JB, the zone, our offense, our medical staff, our forwards, our centers it never ends, just infesting the site like locusts casting their negative BS on everyone. But luckily he doesn't care!
Yeah it’s negative BS.
Your right the program has been fine.
My god you are living in a bubble go look at the football team. I am beyond positive on Dino. Why? Because he sees a problem and is working on it.
Basketball is stagnant but yeah it’s negative.
KaiserUEO you are right this basketball board has become the Borg.

Challenge it with your knowledge about the game, not your ad hominem nonsense.

What went right on Tuesday? What could have been improved on Saturday? Come to think of it, I can't recall an actual basketball opinion from you.

Ad hominem? Me?

You need to read these threads more carefully. I'm usually the target and I rarely respond in kind.

Looking at the stat sheet and saying that Battle needs to pass more or get more assists is not what I call helpful.

You wrote, "He isn’t perfect and his decisions can be questioned."

Can your criticisms or recommendations be questioned?
Criticize what I say and not the people are spewing negativity to spew negativity lazy narrative like this last guy just did.

Criticize what I say and not the people are spewing negativity to spew negativity lazy narrative like this last guy just did.

Do you mean I'm free to take you on on your opinion that JB is past his prime and should be replaced?

I gather that's your point about comparing him Bobby Bowden.

Do you feel the SEC and Pac-12 are stronger basketball conferences than the Big East?

Very valid point in prior years. Although the SEC is quite strong this year (an outlier for them) - could go 8 deep in the tourney.

This year in my mind it's the Big 12, ACC, SEC... Big East... Big 10, Pac 12

JB wasn’t doing the recruiting on the road before Hop left.
The sanctions restricted us to 2 coaches on the road instead of 3.
JB was the closer under Hop.

Hop did the heavy lifting and JB closed.
So we lost 1 coach on the road.
There was an article that showed how we still had all our coaches on the road but one of them would remain at the hotel while the 2 others would be at these huge AAU events and we would rotate one of the 3 at the hotel. So while that was an inconvenience it’s not why we haven’t recruited PGs as hard as we should have.
GMac had Quade Green we have all heard and I believe it until Calipari came in.

Well we had no backup and that is crazy. Especially after not having a PG recruit since Kaleb Joseph in 2013.
That drought is why we are struggling now and have had to go after grad transfers.

We need to recruit PGs.
Howard Washington will be a player in 2 years. Thank god we have a development prospect now.
We should be taking more.
No back up plan? Then what was Howard Washington?

No back up plan? Then what was Howard Washington?
Please don’t make this argument.
Please don’t.
Washington wasn’t plan B.
He wasn’t offered till February.
We are lucky this kid wanted to come to Syracuse.
The coaches board wasn’t
1. Quade Green
2. Howard Washington.

Do you mean I'm free to take you on on your opinion that JB is past his prime and should be replaced?

I gather that's your point about comparing him Bobby Bowden.
I wanted change. We got change when Hop left.
JB wasn’t recruiting like he did till last summer and Hop was gone.
He did what he had to get Tucker and I gave him credit for that.
Griffin got us Bazley.
Autry got us Carey.

We need to use the last scholarship or 2 we have for next year.
Sorry if that causes angst when we don’t have any target right now.

Griffin got us Bazley.
Autry got us Carey.

You ignored my question.

Autry got us Carey
And Miami's little FBI investigation. Carey, I think, was down to SU, the U, and in a distant 3rd place, UConn. Then FBI investigation dropped and Carey committed to SU shortly thereafter.

I'm a little concerned that next season's offense will be the same as this season's, but with a few new faces replacing some older ones.

You ignored my question.
JB is past his prime. He is 73. That question isn’t legitimate. He is way closer to the end than his prime.
I wanted him gone sooner if Hop was taking over.
As the roster was looking like garbage. Hop wasn’t allowed to bring a player by JB. This a fact I was told by someone on here you would respect.

JB was setting Hop up to fail how the recruiting was being handled.
Hop left so his leaving made JB staying an obvious solution.

Last edited:
Griffin got us Bazley.
Autry got us Carey.

S
Yeah it’s negative BS.
Your right the program has been fine.
My god you are living in a bubble go look at the football team. I am beyond positive on Dino. Why? Because he sees a problem and is working on it.
Basketball is stagnant but yeah it’s negative.
KaiserUEO you are right this basketball board has become the Borg.

Never said the program is fine, however I do think it is on an upswing ever since Hop left. Our recruiting has picked up tremendously, we have a monster class coming in next year, the class we welcomed in this year is gaining valuable experience while also has the potential for a nice cornerstone for the future. Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding year coming in and it has been just that. However one thing that hasn't gone how we expected is that we have won a few more games already than anticipated. Our team plays extremely hard and is passionate about the game and the program. We have been competive in almost every game. If you don't want to be on board with that or don't believe in it that's fine, but no wonder nobody wants to listen you or take you seriously, according to your last post JB did absolutely nothing in getting us Bazley or Carey but also did absolutely nothingon the recruiting trail from 2014-2017, when we admittedly didn't recruit at as high of a level as we have been. So which one is it? Kind of double standard in your regard where you want to give crap to JB for not recruiting well enough and than when we do recruit its his assistants who did it and not him.

S

Never said the program is fine, however I do think it is on an upswing ever since Hop left. Our recruiting has picked up tremendously, we have a monster class coming in next year, the class we welcomed in this year is gaining valuable experience while also has the potential for a nice cornerstone for the future. Everyone knew this would be a rebuilding year coming in and it has been just that. However one thing that hasn't gone how we expected is that we have won a few more games already than anticipated. Our team plays extremely hard and is passionate about the game and the program. We have been competive in almost every game. If you don't want to be on board with that or don't believe in it that's fine, but no wonder nobody wants to listen you or take you seriously, according to your last post JB did absolutely nothing in getting us Bazley or Carey but also did absolutely nothingon the recruiting trail from 2014-2017, when we admittedly didn't recruit at as high of a level as we have been. So which one is it? Kind of double standard in your regard where you want to give crap to JB for not recruiting well enough and than when we do recruit its his assistants who did it and not him.
JB has been the closer.
He never was the main recruiter recently. Look at his USA basketball commitments for that.
Our assistants were doing that.
Hop leaving motivated JB.
JB was more energized last summer recruiting Tucker.
Griffin was the lead recruiter and did get us Bazley. He was in Ohio as an assistant for Dayton and got us Bazley.
Autry was the same for Carey.

A lot of our recruits were brought in by Hop and JB was the HC. When Hop left last year Lydon was gone. Lydon was a Hop guy. JB didn’t even know he had signed with an agent at his PC.

This year has been a pass nobody had expectations but the product is brutal and if people complain about that it’s unreasonable or overtly negative it’s being a realist.

Oh, I think I understand what you did there. You're suggesting that the weather in Syracuse may impact the recruiting and that 'whether it's' true or not, is an opinion. Just as the one's offering "no solutions" is your opinion as well. Got it! ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom