Now #2 in RPI | Syracusefan.com

Now #2 in RPI

Who cares... it doesn't matter so long as we are in the East. Give us Duke as the 2 seed and I'll be a very happy man going into next week. :)

No we are still #1 in the official RPI. That is just CBS Sports version.
Actually, J Palm has us #2 also. And he does the best in matching what the NCAA has. In fact, in recent years, when he notices a discrepancy between his numbers and the NCAA's, he will ask the question and they will answer him. More often than not, he is right and they will change their numbers (usually involves whether a game should be counted as home/road/neutral). Palm's numbers this morning:
KY .6711 RPI 28.0 Wins 0.6 Losses
SU .6667 RPI 27.0 Wins 1.6 Losses

If KY wins today, we are the number 2 overall seed, most likely.

Our favor - 11-2 vs. Top 50; 22 SOS
KY's favor - 9-1 vs. Top 50 (10-1 if they beat Vandy), 31 RPI (which would climb if the beat #25 Vandy)

Big discussion if Vandy beats KY, though.

Actually, J Palm has us #2 also. And he does the best in matching what the NCAA has. In fact, in recent years, when he notices a discrepancy between his numbers and the NCAA's, he will ask the question and they will answer him. More often than not, he is right and they will change their numbers (usually involves whether a game should be counted as home/road/neutral). Palm's numbers this morning:
KY .6711 RPI 28.0 Wins 0.6 Losses
SU .6667 RPI 27.0 Wins 1.6 Losses

If KY wins today, we are the number 2 overall seed, most likely.

Our favor - 11-2 vs. Top 50; 22 SOS
KY's favor - 9-1 vs. Top 50 (10-1 if they beat Vandy), 31 RPI (which would climb if the beat #25 Vandy)

This

Sent from my DROIDX

The one advantage if we are the #1 overall seed is that I can see many people coming out and dissing our team. At least we can use that for some motivation.

Besides that, it means absolutely nothing as long as we are Pittsburgh/Boston/NOLA

Who cares... it doesn't matter so long as we are in the East. Give us Duke as the 2 seed and I'll be a very happy man going into next week. :)

I don't care as long as we get the #1 seed in the east. This is the first time in a long time that we have not been #1. UNC is very close to us at #3 and I would love for the Seminoles to beat them to remove any chance of the Tarheels taking that seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom