Now that we've had a glimpse of the 11-12 team | Syracusefan.com

Now that we've had a glimpse of the 11-12 team

Flacusian

All Conference
Who among the players coming back do you expect to see the biggest improvement in terms of making an impact on the team as a whole. For me, in seeing what I saw in Waiters, I wouldn't be surprised to see him blossom into a big time player. His body launguage seemed immensely better than at any time since getting here. The overarching impression I got from last night was "Oh my God, so many players with a lot of talent". One can only wonder what the coming season has in store and how will this incredible depth factor into how JB runs the team. Could this actually be the year where we see Jimmy go 10 deep? Hmmm, great problem to have going in.

8.5 maybe 10 I'd be shocked!!

For me both Dion and Brandon looked streamlined and ready to go. I think our back court is going to be really good after seeing them last night.
Fab and Baye are also going to show a lot of improvement and make an impact IMO, but they struggled so much at times last season that there is almost no way they couldn't improve a lot.

I feel Fab's going to put up 12 and 7 this year with a serious number of assists.

Dion looks really good ... he was fast and had moves chubby ... With a good attitude I can only imagine the possibilities for this kid. Fab's lost some weight ... that is a good thing ... BMK has been in the weight room ... that is a better thing. Let's hope we see some significant improvement for both ... I hope that Fab picked up needed experience playing for Brazil this past summer (altho I was not, necessarily impressed by the vids). KJo looks real good ... more muscle. We need that 3 ball from him tho. CJ looks like he put on some weight and he looked good at mid-range and even picked off a 3. Hope we see improvement there as well. BT was always pretty sculpted ... but looks even better now. This team has lotsa potential but its success is going to be soooo dependent on the Bigs in the middle.

Who will really step up? Lots of possibilities.

CJ could bust out. Fab looked like he was in better shape, still not sure he can play defense yet. Waiters has lots of potential.

If I had to go out on a limb and pick the one player who could make the biggest jump up in production I'd go with Triche.

One of the nice parts about this team is really anyone could step up and be huge for us. Waiters, Fab, Triche, CJ, I could see MCW being huge, there's really no wrong answer here. Even a guy like Southerland rarely gets mentioned but with his athleticism and 3 point shooting, I could see him being a contributor.

Really hoping for Fab though. I think he could theoretically give us another dimension. Glad that he lost weight and guessing his conditioning is better so he can stay on the floor a little more.

I think the fab & baye combo will be improved considerably from their freshman versions. I just hope it's enough to make up the loss of Rick. I think when combined with the overall team improvement it should be enough to hold our own down low.

The one I really expect to breakout will be C.J. With all the other weapons out there, he'll have the room to operate and if that jumper has improved like the reports say then he'll be a serious factor. Could have a year similar to Joseph's soph year where he was the guy that really wasn't scouted for but made a serious impact in most games.

Who among the players coming back do you expect to see the biggest improvement in terms of making an impact on the team as a whole. For me, in seeing what I saw in Waiters, I wouldn't be surprised to see him blossom into a big time player. His body launguage seemed immensely better than at any time since getting here. The overarching impression I got from last night was "Oh my God, so many players with a lot of talent". One can only wonder what the coming season has in store and how will this incredible depth factor into how JB runs the team. Could this actually be the year where we see Jimmy go 10 deep? Hmmm, great problem to have going in.

Fab and Dion are going to be greatly improved. I think that Baye and Christmas are both going to be good contributors, too. I like our young big men - we have size (Fab), length (Baye) and speed (Xmas). This looks like the best conditioned SU team I can ever remember, coming into the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom