Now that's over, can we concentrate on beating... | Syracusefan.com

Now that's over, can we concentrate on beating...

I missed all of this, and was just starting to reply to CTOs post. I have been travelling, and missed last night's game, along with a whole day or two of posts on here. I for one love having you here, not just because you are the dad of a player, but because it is very interesting to hear things from your perspective which is obviously different from ours. You provide a rare window into what it is like for you, for your son, etc. I think we are privileged to have your viewpoint. Also you have played the game giving you another level of knowledge.
I became very good friends through another forum with a football players grandmother, totally aside from the game itself. Many of us on here have become like family, and you are a member of our family. I am sorry people say hurtful things.

OG echoes my feelings. That game can not get here soon enough for me. The season is young and there is so much left to be written before we rush to all of these crazy judgments. I realize the nature of message boards, but even I at times know when to use restraint and to think of the long view.

Indeed fans do get caught up in their frustrations with the team. Not a fun board to visit after a loss. Just hope the kids stay positive. As a coach myself, I can say it's the players and their reactions to winning and losing that is the most important variable after these games. I hope they remain positive and focussed on improving and having fun.

Supposed to have very good guards and went deep into the NIT last year. Looks like they have played cupcakes so far except for Temple which was their only loss in Philly 75-82.

Louisiana Tech sounds like the name of a generic school created for a show like Saved by the Bell or Boy Meets World.

Louisiana Tech, sounds nothing like Bayside (Saved by the Bell) or John Adams (Boy Meets world).

Or if you mean college Cal U for Saved by the bell: The College Years, and Pennbrook for Boy Meets World. Still sounds nothing alike.

I feel lucky that I was occupied Saturday during the game and only able to follow on the phone every 20minutes or so. I did check the board when I got home late Saturday and decided not to post for the weekend. I can't wait for the next game as I should be able to watch live.

I think its a good thing to remember, for us as fans, that these players DO NOT OWE US ANYTHING! They are kids who were picked by the SU staff and chose to come here where they have some great opportunities. Again they are kids not pro's.

CuseHulk said:
Louisiana Tech, sounds nothing like Bayside (Saved by the Bell) or John Adams (Boy Meets world). Or if you mean college Cal U for Saved by the bell: The College Years, and Pennbrook for Boy Meets World. Still sounds nothing alike.

I don't think he meant sounds alike as the words sound alike, I think he just meant that it just sounds like a made up, fake school.

Waiting until Sunday is torture. I can only imaging how badly our players want to wash this bad taste from their mouths. (It's one of the reasons I love baseball...if you lose, there's no dwelling on it because you're playing again tomorrow).

I had been leery about this LaTech game since I saw it on the schedule. They seem like a pretty athletic bunch, led by several upperclassmen. It's the only time these guys will ever get to come to the Carrier Dome and face a big-time Syracuse program, so we will definitely get their A game. It may seem weird, but coming off a loss gives me more confidence that our guys will come out ready to play and match the intensity of the opponent. I look for them to play with a sense of urgency. Let's exercise some demons.

I don't think he meant sounds alike as the words sound alike, I think he just meant that it just sounds like a made up, fake school.

Said in the voice of The Stranger from The Big Lebowski: At least it didn't remind him of Brokeback Mountain.

Didn't they have another great rebounder, at least at the college level? Randy White?
LA TECH Men's basketball well-known alumni: Malone, White, Tim Floyd & P.J. Brown.
Other alumni dignitaries:

Terry Bradshaw
Two of the Duck Dynasty guys
And Joey Greco...former host of the very entertaining but completely phony show "Cheaters."

How can we possibly hope to compete?

I have been clamoring for more PT for BJ for 2 seasons now. I just can't wait until your son breaks out. When it will happen, nobody can say for sure, but I am a believer that if he gets a fair chance it will happen sooner rather than later.

You have been a great and patient supporter of the program.

Kudos to both your son and to yourself !!!

Yes, we WILL beat LT !!!

Hey everyone,

Back for another year. Looks like it could be a long one. I've only seen a couple of games but it appears we will have trouble scoring and maybe with turnovers. Cooney looks the same while Rak looks much better offensively, McC shows flashes, Joseph seems a little "deer in the headlightish", Gbinije impresses as more assertive and the supporting cast looks average.

I hope McC comes along quickly and maybe this is the year we peak at the END of the season and go on a tourney run.

They are currently 7-1 with their only loss to Temple. They led by 13 in the second half and let it get away. They have three all conference players returning from a team that won 29 games last year. They won 28 the year before. They like to full court press and speed up the game. Hop gave a description during his radio show tonight. They start 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, 6-8, 7-0. They have their all time leading 3 point shooter and their point guard holds the school record for steals. Hop says he will be a pro.

They are currently 7-1 with their only loss to Temple. They led by 13 in the second half and let it get away. They have three all conference players returning from a team that won 29 games last year. They won 28 the year before. They like to full court press and speed up the game. Hop gave a description during his radio show tonight. They start 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, 6-8, 7-0. They have their all time leading 3 point shooter and their point guard holds the school record for steals. Hop says he will be a pro.

Thank you for the scouting report. They don't sound like a team to be taken lightly, especially considering our recent difficulties. The fact that they like to press gives me more cause for concern. I still think we win, but it could(should) be interesting.

LA TECH Men's basketball well-known alumni: Malone, White, Tim Floyd & P.J. Brown.
Other alumni dignitaries:

Terry Bradshaw
Two of the Duck Dynasty guys
And Joey Greco...former host of the very entertaining but completely phony show "Cheaters."

How can we possibly hope to compete?
Also Paul Millsap who was an all star with the Hawks last year. Led the NCAA in rebounding three years in a row. Think he might be the only player to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom