Now we need... | Syracusefan.com

Now we need...

Are we pretty much guaranteed the trophy if Penn State loses tomorrow?
Army had a terrific season, finishing 11-2 and destroyed Houston in their bowl game, but they were not ranked. They deserve consideration.

Syracuse passed WVU with the head to head win. I don't anyone would argue otherwise.

So yes, the Lambert for this season is surely down to Syracuse and Penn State.

When leaving Orlando yesterday afternoon, walking to my gate, I saw at least a dozen UK fans who had just arrived in Orlando. I told them all to beat Penn State. I hope they listened.

This should happen. Someone needs to mention it to HCDB and ADJW. They need to talk it up and lobby for SU to the Meadowlands voters. PSU needs to be voted below SU. Army had a good season against a far lighter schedule, including a loss to Duke. At 10-3, SU is the top team in the northeast.

I’m embarrassed to say but what’s the lambert trophy for ?

I’m embarrassed to say but what’s the lambert trophy for ?

No need to be embarrassed.

Straight from Wikipedia:

The Lambert Trophy is an annual award given to the best team in the East in Division I FBS college football. In affiliation with the Metropolitan New York Football Writers, the Lambert Trophy was established by brothers Victor and Henry Lambert in memory of their father, August.

Oh that’s clearly us ! Hand over our trophy
Thank you
It was a bigger deal back when the entire northeast were all ‘Independents’.

Once ped st went to the b1g and the Big East added a football conference, it lost it’s luster.

As a kid, I used to think Independents was a conference.

Once ped st went to the b1g and the Big East added a football conference, it lost it’s luster.

Ironically now that we're all in different conferences and Big East football is dead, it's gone back to the original teams. Only teams in the Northeast can compete. No more Cincinnati winning the Lambert.

Winner of the conference went to the Independence Bowl :cool:

Ironically now that we're all in different conferences and Big East football is dead, it's gone back to the original teams. Only teams in the Northeast can compete. No more Cincinnati winning the Lambert.
If the right thing happens, and Syracuse is named the Lambert Trophy winner this year, Syracuse will pass Pitt and move into a tie with Army for 2nd place in Lambert Trophy championships. Penn State has a huge lead over everyone else.

Pitt somehow hasn’t won a Lambert Trophy since 1980. Army hasn’t won one since 1958. This will be one first for Syracuse since 1992. Hard to believe.

Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy - Wikipedia

If the right thing happens, and Syracuse is named the Lambert Trophy winner this year, Syracuse will pass Pitt and move into a tie with Army for 2nd place in Lambert Trophy championships. Penn State has a huge lead over everyone else.

Pitt somehow hasn’t won a Lambert Trophy since 1980. Army hasn’t won one since 1958. This will be one first for Syracuse since 1992. Hard to believe.

Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy - Wikipedia

Hard to believe we never won it in the McNabb era. Kinda ridiculous actually, considering 9-3 Penn State teams and a 10-2 playing against nobodies OOC VT won it, and we couldn’t put together a more impressive season than those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom