Class of 2018 - NSD Part Two | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 NSD Part Two

All I have to say is that I am so very, very glad that most of the kids qualified and signed in December.
Is that because you think we would have endured several poachings? Or that appears most kids that didn't sign in December are not ultimately making the grades?

Is that because you think we would have endured several poachings? Or that appears most kids that didn't sign in December are not ultimately making the grades?
Neither. I love all the kids we got in December but a small group means less work for me and OX tomorrow. ;)

We seem to be limping in the finish line or are we going to see some surprises tomorrow? Or after signing day?

Sadly they closed in January after 100 years in business.

Seriously? I just bought a $50 gift certificate from them on December 28th. Would’ve been nice had they given me a heads up if they knew they were closing soon after.

No.

When did we add Alton Robinson last year? Oh yeah - like the day before classes started.
Whatever does or doesn't happen tomorrow, doesn't close the book on who we'll add for next year.
In Dino We Trust.

I didn’t say it did. I’m looking at tomorrow specifically . Robinson’s late signing last year, or any late signing possibilities this year don’t change the fact that guys like Salahuddin, Gardner, Johnson, Jordan and Okechukwu won’t be faxing in their NLI. I’m not saying that this class as a whole is disappointing, just tomorrow is turning out to be a bit of a let down.

Poor finish for sure D grade at best.

Poor finish for sure D grade at best.
It's rare that Syracuse football could be selective with the type of recruits that we bring in.

This year we were selective with the type of recruits we brought in. A- class at worst. The staff did an amazing job and the early signing period kept the poachers at bay.

Captain Obvious here but things look "disappointing" because everything NSD-related has changed. We'd have more nice surprises in past years on NSD but also more bad ones by the time the day that new signees are supposed to report arrived. Now we can be fairly confident that the kids who sign will be here in the Fall. No more schools signing 30-plus and seeing where the chips fall. My sense is that the new order will help parity but who knows?

We got one of the 2 running backs we've been recruiting for months, a 4 star running back transfer with 3 years left and a running back with one of the highest SPARQ scores we've ever had. That alone is an A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom