Class of 2018 - NSD Part Two | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 NSD Part Two

Just seems so quiet.

I definitely get it that there's no big splash and we'll likely lose the 2 kids we want (Caleb OK and Salahuddin) but I don't get the sense from the coaches that they're limping to the finish. If they were they would've hosted official visitors last weekend and they didn't. Instead completely focused on their junior day visitors. I take that to mean they're set with what they have. Certainly they were content enough to not work it hard down the stretch and/or to try and flip anyone. And they definitely sat tight rather than reaching for BListers.

HCDB has proven to be pretty adept at hitting the waiver wire, so I assume they'd rather pocket the ships and fill them with some off season AList types that'll inevitably fall through the cracks.

I wish there were a Chance Amie surprise this time around, but I'm still good with his surprise the first time around. Maybe we'll get lucky with a late change of heart. Crazier things have happened.

Anyhow, I can't remember a time in 20+ years that our staff hasn't had official visitors on every open weekend leading up to signing day, ever. It was an interesting development, leads me to believe they are really content with the class.

Last edited:
15 kids signed, plus 2 4-star transfers, and at least 2 more NLI's coming tomorrow.

On what planet is that a D?
I didnt count the transfers as they dont count for next season. That leaves at this point one new addition for next year which is Howard.

I didnt count the transfers as they dont count for next season. That leaves at this point one new addition for next year which is Howard.
They may not play but they are part of the 2018 class. No different than if some of these freshman redshirt.

D? Can you be more specific with your "logic" on that? That's ridiculous even for you
Im not counting the transfers. If you count them i would give it B

They may not play but they are part of the 2018 class. No different than if some of these freshman redshirt.
Good point. If you add those 2 it is a solid finish.

You're saying that the 17 kids who signed NLI's in this class amount to a "D".

That nobody in this recruiting class will ever be a player here.

And, a class that has been rated as approaching the top 40 even before adding those two amounts to a D.

I can envision someone saying that we didn't finish with a flourish, and consequently that the SECOND NSD drama as a "D," in terms of making a splash. But the overall class? Doesn't make sense.

Would you rather do 2-a-days in Arkansas or Syracuse?

You're saying that the 17 kids (so far) who signed NLI's in this class amount to a "D".

That nobody in this recruiting class will ever be a player here.
No. The early signing class is one of our best in over 10 years.

Actually kind of excited that we are going to have a few spots available, Dino has been able to unearth a few gems on the Grad Transfer market and other places, would rather that than move on to B-listers given his history looking in unique places.

Actually kind of excited that we are going to have a few spots available, Dino has been able to unearth a few gems on the Grad Transfer market and other places, would rather that than move on to B-listers given his history looking in unique places.

I'll add that the fifth year transfer "market" is a game changer -- it makes sense that the staff might keep a scholarship or 2 or 3 open every year, to look to add players in the May / June timeframe. I'd expect that to be something we see every year from now on.

We got one of the 2 running backs we've been recruiting for months, a 4 star running back transfer with 3 years left and a running back with one of the highest SPARQ scores we've ever had. That alone is an A.

Yeah, but we missed on some DE, LB and DT prospects that really could have helped us at the end. If we had landed a couple of those guys, I think this would have been a top 30 class. Still terrific, but could have been REALLY terrific.

D? Can you be more specific with your "logic" on that? That's ridiculous even for you

I think he means for the 2nd signing period, compared to the wish list we had as of a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, but we missed on some DE, LB and DT prospects that really could have helped us at the end. If we had landed a couple of those guys, I think this would have been a top 30 class. Still terrific, but could have been REALLY terrific.

Terrific is not a D, though. We can always have had better classes, but this class is far from a D no matter when you look at it or when the players signed.

Nice job by the staff, landing that DE out of the Washington DC area. Very nice offer list -- terrific "get" at a key position of need.

Will be interesting to see what else the staff does over the offsesaon to add depth at both DT and DE.

Im not counting the transfers. If you count them i would give it B

I'd say their grade went up a notch, now that Caleb has signed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom