Class of 2018 - NSD Part Two | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 NSD Part Two

OK, so who are the last ones going to be on signing day 2?

Jarveon Howard RB (MS)
Duwayne Johnson LB (JUCO)
Mike Salahuddin RB (MD)
Fitzroy Gardner DE (FL)
Caleb Okechukwu LB/DE (DC)

If we get these guys, that's a home run, obviously. Will we still have 2 left after that?

Jarveon Howard RB (MS)
Mike Salahuddin RB (MD)
Fitzroy Gardner DE (FL)

If we get these guys, that's a home run, obviously. Will we still have 2 left after that?

Won't be Salah but think you can add Akeem Dixon.

Won't be Salah but think you can add Akeem Dixon.

They think he has qualified now? Too bad (I see Bnoro's prediction now) about Salahuddin, but Dixon seemed like a pretty good prospect, plus the kid from Oklahoma, and the kid from Mississippi. That's some talent.

I haven't heard anything about Chuk2u in a while and shows he was visiting Pitt. Do we stand well with him, adding 2 more DE's would be nice for the pipeline.

They think he has qualified now? Too bad (I see Bnoro's prediction now) about Salahuddin, but Dixon seemed like a pretty good prospect, plus the kid from Oklahoma, and the kid from Mississippi. That's some talent.

Well Dixon had an official a bit ago so I would think he's on the right path to qualify.

Jarveon Howard RB (MS)
Mike Salahuddin RB (MD)
Fitzroy Gardner DE (FL)

No. There are only 23 available spots. 15 commits signed in December and two transferred into the class.
Akeem Dixon and Jarveon Howard have committed but not signed. That makes 19. I only know of one other that will definitely qualify/sign on NSD.

I haven't heard anything about Chuk2u in a while and shows he was visiting Pitt. Do we stand well with him, adding 2 more DE's would be nice for the pipeline.
Caleb is visiting Arkansas this weekend.

No. There are only 23 available spots. 15 commits signed in December and two transferred into the class.
Akeem Dixon and Jarveon Howard have committed but not signed. That makes 19. I only know of one other that will definitely qualify/sign on NSD.
And that other one is...?

I'll never get paying someone to polish their balls and make a prediction based on what they are feeling...

Sorry. My Crystal Ball is payside too. ;)
IMG_0840.JPG

Can’t wait to see how this plays out!

So now it looks like:

Howard RB
Johnson DB
Gardner DE
Dixon RB

Who's left that's possible:

DeBerry LB
Koda Martin OT
Tyrone Butler DT

Is it safe to say we hope to get the signatures of 5 guys essentially: Salahuddin (longshot), DB Johnson (ex-CBA Coach Casamento connection), DE Okechukwu (Texas, Ark and SU), Jordan (if he qualifies) and Dixon (why didn't he sign in Dec - grades?)?

I'm already counting RB Howard as a done deal.

DEs Baldonado and Gardener's buzz has been subdued. Anything there?

Is there anyone else out there we're pursuing, at least publicly? I'd sure welcome a Wednesday signing surprise. You never know with this staff.

Last edited:
Is it safe to say we hope to get the signatures of 5 guys essentially: Salahuddin (longshot), DB Johnson (ex-CBA Coach Casamento connection), DE Okechukwu (Texas, Ark and SU), Jordan (if he qualifies) and Dixon (why didn't he sign in Dec - grades?)?

Is there anyone else out there we're pursuing, at least publicly? I'd sure welcome a Wednesday signing surprise. You never know with this staff.

Salahuddin - Pitt
Johnson - Yes
Okechukwu - Arkansas
Jordan - Grades
Dixon- Grades are good now
Howard - Yes

Tyrone Barber the DT from Venice Florida is still also a possibility and I’ve seen nothing to rule him out. OVd here on 1/19

Baldonado is not an option; he never visited here.

Fitzroy Gardener is on the clock; no word yet from his Maryland visit.

I don't think you will see any surprises on NSD.
Akeem didn't sign in December as he still had work to do to qualify. Note he also didn't take an OV until January.
The only two for sure to sign on NSD are Howard and Dixon who have announced their commitments to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom