Nutrisystem | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nutrisystem

I've lost about 50 pounds over the last 4 years, mostly just watching what I ate. Doctor said cut out snacks and you'll lose 10#. Tried a commercial diet for a month, so-so results but use it's web site to learn how to eat. Last year the doc said lose 20#. I did just using a free diet called "Lose it". It kept track of what I ate which forces you to watch what you eat. Lost the 20 during this pandemic! And not extra exercising or expense.

Whole food plant based. No meats, no dairy, no oils.
Ideally no/limited booze, lots of water.
It will prevent/reverse heart disease and type-2 diabetes.
Get off, or never start, meds.
Live a longer, healthier life. :)

Humans can function on anything from vegan to carnivore. Some diets are better for some people than others and we could argue until the cows come home about which one is "best". I think it's fair to say every diet has advantages and disadvantages.

At the end of the day my best advice for losing weight is to make sure you are an calorie deficit (figure out your TDEE and work backwards) and try not to think of foods as innately "bad" or "good". You can either count calories (hard but gets easier with practice) and meal plan on your own or do a pre-planned meal system like Nutrisystem to get there. Either one will work, it really boils down to which one you think you are most likely to stick with until you meet your goal.

Well I just had my first weigh in after the first week of Nutrisystem and I lost a little over 10 pounds. Unbelievable
Stay with it. I'm on day 25 I am doing it to lower my ridiculously high blood sugar A1C number. I am on their diabetic plan. And by hook and by crook, I have found the food that I like on their plan. It took some experimenting because not all of it I liked. But I have it down pat now. I am not weighing myself at all. But I can tell I have lost weight.

Not sure about Nutrisystem. The problem with those diets for many is that you don't learn how to keep the weight off because it's their food. That said, good luck!

I lost 20 lbs during the pandemic (really since August). My approach was fairly simple. I average about 12,000 + steps a day due largely to walking 9 holes a good 6 days a week along with some occasional 18 holes. I completely stopped eating after 10pm. I don't even watch that closely what I eat but instead, just eat sensible portions. Instead of desserts, I drink seltzers and light beer.

Humans can function on anything from vegan to carnivore. Some diets are better for some people than others and we could argue until the cows come home about which one is "best". I think it's fair to say every diet has advantages and disadvantages.

At the end of the day my best advice for losing weight is to make sure you are an calorie deficit (figure out your TDEE and work backwards) and try not to think of foods as innately "bad" or "good". You can either count calories (hard but gets easier with practice) and meal plan on your own or do a pre-planned meal system like Nutrisystem to get there. Either one will work, it really boils down to which one you think you are most likely to stick with until you meet your goal.
Yup, that's what I used the app for, count calories for each meal. The one I used as you can search for a particular product and it will tell you the calories, then you can tell it how much you ate. You can even look up meals at your local restaurants. Hardest part is ths different ways the list calorie content. Per oz, gram, slice/piece, portion, etc. Portion is the stupidest/ hardest to figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom