NY Jets..... | Syracusefan.com

NY Jets.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Wow, huge thread on Bills, which i understand, but there must be some other fans cursed enough out there to be jet fans.

Being out west here, and having Oklahoma be my favorite "local" team, I am a huge Mayfield fan. Love the guy.

I had not heard and talk until two days ago that he might go #1 overall, and I thought for sure he was ticketed to the Jets. I think Baker is waaay better than Allen and i think Rosen (though very pro ready) is a huge risk between what i hear about his attitude and more importantly, his injury history. Two concussions already, very little chance he will be an NFL 10 year starter.

So, I really had not given much thought to a preference between Darnold (who I never dreamt would be there @ #3) vs. Mayfield. As much as I love Baker, I think he has already fulfilled his upside. Of course, he will have to adjust to the NFL game, but what you see is what you will get. Darnold on the other hand, is not as good as mayfield right now, but has a lot of potential to improve. Too many TOs for him last year. If he can clean that up, he will end up better than Mayfield.

So, bottom line, I think taking Darnold over Allen and Rosen was a no brainer for the Jets. While still somewhat disappointed that we did not end up with Mayfield, I can see where three years from now that darnold just might be the man.

Wow, huge thread on Bills, which i understand, but there must be some other fans cursed enough out there to be jet fans.

Being out west here, and having Oklahoma be my favorite "local" team, I am a huge Mayfield fan. Love the guy.

I had not heard and talk until two days ago that he might go #1 overall, and I thought for sure he was ticketed to the Jets. I think Baker is waaay better than Allen and i think Rosen (though very pro ready) is a huge risk between what i hear about his attitude and more importantly, his injury history. Two concussions already, very little chance he will be an NFL 10 year starter.

So, I really had not given much thought to a preference between Darnold (who I never dreamt would be there @ #3) vs. Mayfield. As much as I love Baker, I think he has already fulfilled his upside. Of course, he will have to adjust to the NFL game, but what you see is what you will get. Darnold on the other hand, is not as good as mayfield right now, but has a lot of potential to improve. Too many TOs for him last year. If he can clean that up, he will end up better than Mayfield.

So, bottom line, I think taking Darnold over Allen and Rosen was a no brainer for the Jets. While still somewhat disappointed that we did not end up with Mayfield, I can see where three years from now that darnold just might be the man.

I don't know how good Darnold will be, but he's an infinitely better pick than Allen was. The Bills are idiots. They just drafted a worse version of EJ Manuel. I would have taken Lamar Jackson and Rudolph before Allen.

Why would anyone compare Allen to Manuel? one played on a stud team one played with no other skilled players.. you cant even compare the 2 athletically . Allen is far better and far smarter.

Darnold is Jameis Winston. I think he's incredibly overrated.

Why would anyone compare Allen to Manuel? one played on a stud team one played with no other skilled players.. you cant even compare the 2 athletically . Allen is far better and far smarter.
It's such a lazy comparison. I don't understand how so many Bills fans developed a cult-like obsession with Josh Rosen given his injury prone body and smug attitude. That's where i'm assuming all this hypersensitive Josh Allen criticism is coming from.

It's such a lazy comparison. I don't understand how so many Bills fans developed a cult-like obsession with Josh Rosen given his injury prone body and smug attitude. That's where i'm assuming all this hypersensitive Josh Allen criticism is coming from.

Just to be clear, I'm not a Bills fan. I also have zero obsession with Rosen. I do think Rosen is a better QB based on all of the analysis that has been done which I posted an article about in the Bills draft thread. I have no dog in the fight. Allen just isntia good QB. Could he become one? Anything is possible. His chances are very low though.

Just to be clear, I'm not a Bills fan. I also have zero obsession with Rosen. I do think Rosen is a better QB based on all of the analysis that has been done which I posted an article about in the Bills draft thread. I have no dog in the fight. Allen just isntia good QB. Could he become one? Anything is possible. His chances are very low though.
That's fine but to say he's a "worse version of EJ Manuel" is a bit much. It's a comparison people make because it's easy but in reality, Allen tests off the charts in areas EJ didn't. Allen was also surrounded by 1/10th the talent EJ was in college.

I tend not to watch too many games unless it involves Cuse or Oklahoma, and unfortunately i do not get too many Cuse games out here in NM.

However, i did make it a point to watch the UCLA-USC game because i wanted to see Rosen v Darnell & compare both to Mayfield who i have seen dozens of times.

Based upon that one USC-UCLA game I was very impressed with Rosen. He stood tall in the pocket and looked very polished on his throws. He did not appear to be the gamer that Mayfield is, but then again, who is ? If i thought rosen had a weakness it would be in avoiding the rush and throwing on the run or outside of the pocket. i agree with many who have said that rosen is the most NFL ready of the four. It was not until later that i learned about his injury history and possible attitude issues. Darnell looked good to me as well in that game, but not nearly as good as Rosen looked.

I think in the upcoming season that Rosen and Mayfield will show much better than will Darnell and Allen. However, as i said in my OP, I just can't see an immobile guy who has already had two concussions being a long term NFL starter.

i agree w you about Allen. gotta look at 60% as a mendoza line for QB success. if Allen can't get above that throwing against MWC opponents, how is he gonna do that against NFL defenses ???

So, if we eliminate Allen based on low likelihood of success and we eliminate Rosen based upon probable lack of career longetivity, that leaves Darnell v Mayfield for likely to be best QB in this draft.

As i said in my OP, I think Mayfield is better right now, but Darnell has the skills to give him nice potential upside. If Darnell can get there he will end up being the best. probably won't know that one way or the other for two to three seasons. Gotta also remember that Mayfield is up a couple of years of developmental experience on Darnell.

I tend not to watch too many games unless it involves Cuse or Oklahoma, and unfortunately i do not get too many Cuse games out here in NM.

However, i did make it a point to watch the UCLA-USC game because i wanted to see Rosen v Darnell & compare both to Mayfield who i have seen dozens of times.

Based upon that one USC-UCLA game I was very impressed with Rosen. He stood tall in the pocket and looked very polished on his throws. He did not appear to be the gamer that Mayfield is, but then again, who is ? If i thought rosen had a weakness it would be in avoiding the rush and throwing on the run or outside of the pocket. i agree with many who have said that rosen is the most NFL ready of the four. It was not until later that i learned about his injury history and possible attitude issues. Darnell looked good to me as well in that game, but not nearly as good as Rosen looked.

I think in the upcoming season that Rosen and Mayfield will show much better than will Darnell and Allen. However, as i said in my OP, I just can't see an immobile guy who has already had two concussions being a long term NFL starter.

i agree w you about Allen. gotta look at 60% as a mendoza line for QB success. if Allen can't get above that throwing against MWC opponents, how is he gonna do that against NFL defenses ???

So, if we eliminate Allen based on low likelihood of success and we eliminate Rosen based upon probable lack of career longetivity, that leaves Darnell v Mayfield for likely to be best QB in this draft.

As i said in my OP, I think Mayfield is better right now, but Darnell has the skills to give him nice potential upside. If Darnell can get there he will end up being the best. probably won't know that one way or the other for two to three seasons. Gotta also remember that Mayfield is up a couple of years of developmental experience on Darnell.
Since we’re eliminating Allen because of the below 60% collegiate completion rate, I’m eliminating Mayfield since (outside Brees) we don’t see short QBs who aren’t super athletic succeed.

Since we’re eliminating Allen because of the below 60% collegiate completion rate, I’m eliminating Mayfield since (outside Brees) we don’t see short QBs who aren’t super athletic succeed.
not sure how you are defining athleticism. did you ever watch mayfield play ? he is very elusive and is one of the best throwers on the run that you will ever see.

nobody can say if he will be a superstar, but he will be a very successful qb, even for the pathetic brownies.

he definitely has the it factor.

Well, I will admit that I like the Jets, although not to the point of getting upset if they lose. Otherwise, I'd be very upset ha ha.

I hope the USC QB helps them. They need it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom