NYC game watching | Syracusefan.com

NYC game watching

Timmyd42080

Walk On
Is there anywhere in the city that will be showing the game by hooking up to the internet. I know things have been organized in the past. Any information will greatly appreciated. I also would like to say God bless to all those who dodged Irene and to those who didn't a quick recovery. It is Thursday night so I was just wondering if something was organized, my old location for games were shut down.

just tell the boss you are going to the game and taking friday off.I did and he told me i will be getting laid-off on friday...no biggie,i got the axe for going to the pinstripe bowl and i have quit jobs out of town to go home during the season.

My kinda guy.

Just talked to a manager at the east end bar & grill (1st ave and 86th st). They'll showing the cuse game on TV and have some decent deals.

ive gotten 2 emails from bars on where to go to watch.

ive gotten 2 emails from bars on where to go to watch.

East End on 87th and 1st is a solid SU bar, but I'm giving Village Pourhouse on 9th a try. They will have audio for the game.

Both East End and Pourhouse are showing the game. Village Pourhouse is the official alumni spot, and they have free beer from 7:30-8

East End on 87th and 1st is a solid SU bar, but I'm giving Village Pourhouse on 9th a try. They will have audio for the game.

I did the East End for a bball game last year, Audio during the game, music during the breaks. Awesome place to watch a game, packed with SU die hards.

Otto--that bar is very good (we watch all the hoop games there); however, I noticed the e-mail from the alumni club "Big Apple Orange" today was specific to their westside location. Since the game in not on cable in NYC (internet on ESPN3 only), I'm guessing that the 9th street location may not be wired to stream a feed from the internet. But if you hear anything different let me know, as that 9th street location is much more convenient for me.

Is there anywhere in the city that will be showing the game by hooking up to the internet. I know things have been organized in the past. Any information will greatly appreciated. I also would like to say God bless to all those who dodged Irene and to those who didn't a quick recovery. It is Thursday night so I was just wondering if something was organized, my old location for games were shut down.
is there any bar in Morris County New Jersey showing hte game on TV?

Otto--that bar is very good (we watch all the hoop games there); however, I noticed the e-mail from the alumni club "Big Apple Orange" today was specific to their westside location. Since the game in not on cable in NYC (internet on ESPN3 only), I'm guessing that the 9th street location may not be wired to stream a feed from the internet. But if you hear anything different let me know, as that 9th street location is much more convenient for me.
UPDATE (6:25pm)---I have since learned from one of VP's of the Alumni group that they have set up the Westside location (46th between 8th and 9th) as the official football game-watching bar for SU this season (the 9th street location already had arrangements with some other big football schools, so couldn't accomodate us). Regardless of the location, I view this as a very positive development as we haven't had a football game-watching bar in many years (Fiddlesticks is the last one that I remember). Now I know East End Bar & Grill has been showing the SU games the past couple of years as one of their owners is a 'Cuse grad, and that place is good too (many of us were there before and after the Pinstripe Bowl and had a blast).

Eric, I didn't confirm their set up, but was told by two people - one who spoke to the bar and someone from the alumni club - who both said they will have the game with audio on at Pourhouse. Since it's more convenient for me, I'm rolling the dice.

UPDATE (6:25pm)---I have since learned from one of VP's of the Alumni group that they have set up the Westside location (46th between 8th and 9th) as the official football game-watching bar for SU this season (the 9th street location already had arrangements with some other big football schools, so couldn't accomodate us). Regardless of the location, I view this as a very positive development as we haven't had a football game-watching bar in many years (Fiddlesticks is the last one that I remember). Now I know East End Bar & Grill has been showing the SU games the past couple of years as one of their owners is a 'Cuse grad, and that place is good too (many of us were there before and after the Pinstripe Bowl and had a blast).

What is the name of the bar on w 46th b/w 8th and 9th? Is TWC showing the game in the City?

What is the name of the bar on w 46th b/w 8th and 9th? Is TWC showing the game in the City?

Its a little confusing but there are 3 Village Pourhouse's in NYC and NYCfan is referring to the one on the West side on 46th.

Our normal basketball game watching spot is the Village Pourhouse that is actually in the Village (11th and 3rd) but I believe they have another party planned for Thursday night.

Its a little confusing but there are 3 Village Pourhouse's in NYC and NYCfan is referring to the one on the West side on 46th.

Our normal basketball game watching spot is the Village Pourhouse that is actually in the Village (11th and 3rd) but I believe they have another party planned for Thursday night.
Cuseman78, thank you for clarifying my glaring error of our basketball Pourhouse location being on 11th, not 9th, think I might have picked that up from an earlier post in this thread---anyway, guess by now I must get off the subway and walk over there with my eyes closed! (and walking home after those long post-game hoop celebrations that we usually have, my eyes are probably literally closed...). One serious comment---I actually don't anticipate a specific conflict tomorrow night at that location tomorrow night (assuming they can get the internet feed) due to a limited Thursday night football schedule (since Ottoforlife is planning on going)---my post earlier was was referring to the fact that due the "11 street" location having full-season committments to some other larger football programs (at least in terms of the following here...), the arrangement the Alumni association set up for the 2011 season was with their westside location on 46th.