NYC took a major hit!!!! | Syracusefan.com

NYC took a major hit!!!!

gilardino

Starter
plain and simple. I am all positive but this was awful. BC was 344th ranked in defense

Unfortunately I agree. With the way the schedule is set up - there is not that much of a margin of error despite having been 25-0. This was a game that should have been checked in the W column given the stretch that is coming up. All the road games left on the schedule can easily be losses.

People can say they don't want Duke coming off a loss but after that garbage tonight, they are our MSG competition and it is very real. We need UNC to hand them a loss along the way.

If we beat Duke, then no worries but even the most positive person has to be a little hesitant about what this team will do on Saturday.

thank you. I am positive but don't fool yourself, NYC is in serious doubt

we can still be a 2 seed, but NOT IN NYC

We can absolutely be a 2 seed in NYC (Of course, we will be a 1, but that doesn't support your point). Not sure why you think that is impossible. There is no rule that says you can't face a conference mate in the Elite 8. Hello Marquette?

Unfortunately I agree. With the way the schedule is set up - there is not that much of a margin of error despite having been 25-0. This was a game that should have been checked in the W column given the stretch that is coming up. All the road games left on the schedule can easily be losses.

I watched every sports talk show I could last night and everyone said that this does little in taking Syracuse off the 1 line. You dont erase 80% of the season and 25 straight wins. We are still fine for a 1 seed so people need to chill the out and stop pushing the panic button. Even if we lose Saturday. Win the rest and we will be fine.

Last year we were a 4 SEED and still got in the East.

Settle down people

I watched every sports talk show I could last night and everyone said that this does little in taking Syracuse off the 1 line. You dont erase 80% of the season and 25 straight wins. We are still fine for a 1 seed so people need to chill the out and stop pushing the panic button. Even if we lose Saturday. Win the rest and we will be fine.
I don't think anyone is saying with the loss last night were screwed but look at our schedule and look how we're playing. Aside from Maryland, look how Dukes been playing.

If we lose Saturday, we have a quick turnaround @Maryland. Then we still have @UVA lurking. The way we've been playing, those 3 games are losses. If Duke finishes strong and we fold, then Duke takes the ACCT, I think Duke take MSG.

Is that a worst case scenario, yea but is it "that" far fetched given our recent play? No, it's not.

Saturday is going to show us ALOT. Maybe these seeding posts should be reserved until after Duke but are you even very confident about Saturday? This team has surprised me all year and I hope they do again on Saturday but I can't say that I'm expecting a win. In fact I'm nervous we get our doors blown off.

If we lose Saturday, we have a quick turnaround @Maryland. Then we still have @UVA lurking. The way we've been playing, those 3 games are losses. If Duke finishes strong and we fold, then Duke takes the ACCT, I think Duke take MSG.

People need to look at past years and are completely missing the point. We BOTH can be in MSG. Hell we were a 4 seed last year and got into the east. It isnt one or the other.

and this game means WAY more for Duke than it does for us Saturday. We can still win the ACC regular season title if we get beat Saturday. Win or lose I just want us to play better offensively.

We had excellent "seating" against BC last night but that didn't turn out so well. Whatever seating and region we do wind up with in the NCAA tourney will reflect the whole season not just one loss. We are definitely struggling now but so did last year's team down the stretch in conf play but that one turned out pretty nicely.

We can absolutely be a 2 seed in NYC (Of course, we will be a 1, but that doesn't support your point). Not sure why you think that is impossible. There is no rule that says you can't face a conference mate in the Elite 8. Hello Marquette?

If Duke is the 1 in the east we can't be in the east. If someone else takes the East 1, we can still be a 2.

Settle down people

Because we were the 4th team out of the BE.

Settle down people

We were a 3 seed three years ago in Newark. That is actually closer than msg.

However the one complicating factor this year is duke and the fact that there will be 3 or less acc teams in top 4 seeds, that will all need to be in different regions. Only the top resume acc team gets east. We must be that team.

plain and simple. I am all positive but this was awful. BC was 344th ranked in defense

Remember when you made similar posts the last 2 months and most people basically told you to relax there is a lot of basketball left to be played before you need to panic?

Well...relax there is still enough basketball to be played before you need to panic about NYC or Buffalo or using up your lifetime allotment of exclamation marks...

1. If we are the top acc team and a 2 seed we get msg. There have been about 5 instances the last 5 years of 2-3 seeds within 90-300 miles being placed in that region. Kansas, Baylor, San Diego st, Texas and syracuse. There has not been one instance of a team being intentionally moved.

2. The Marquette example does not apply. We cannot play duke or Virginia assuming they are top 4 seeds, until the final 4.

We were a 3 seed three years ago in Newark. That is actually closer than msg.

However the one complicating factor this year is duke and the fact that there will be 3 or less acc teams in top 4 seeds, that will all need to be in different regions. Only the top resume acc team gets east. We must be that team.

winning 4 of our last 5 will do that. Last night didnt change my opinion on that.

thank you. I am positive but don't fool yourself, NYC is in serious doubt

we can still be a 2 seed, but NOT IN NYC

Show me one instance the last 10 years where a pod team entitled to a region has been moved for reasons other than bracket rules?

winning 4 of our last 5 will do that. Last night didnt change my opinion on that.

It changed my opinion on how likely that is though.

This one game doesn't kill our chances for a 1. We still have a very good chance. But if the last 3 games or so is an indication of how we'll play from here on out, then our chances for a 1 go down a lot.

I don't even think we need to go 4-1. If we play well we still totally control our own destiny and can still lose a few.

If Duke beats us out for a 1 seed in the East, we will not be playing in the East at MSG. We'll be moved to another region due to new bracketing rules this year. Teams seeded 1-4 from the same conference, cannot be placed in the same region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom