Class of 2019 - Nysier Brooks enters transfer portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Nysier Brooks enters transfer portal

Yeah, Buddy is likely to stay on scholly. But he doesn’t need to since SU employees kids go tuition free. Not likely to be relevant this year, but next year maybe, since we have no seniors and only Brissett likely to leave early, transfers aside.

Are you planning on paying Buddy's tuition and $20,000 room & board next year? It ain't free.
Actually, tuition IS free for kids of SU employees, which JB is. And his room and board is at home.

Actually, tuition IS free for kids of SU employees, which JB is. And his room and board is at home.
Not necessarily free. The tuition waiver is on a sliding scale, depending on parent's income. And he doesn't live at home. It makes no sense for a BB player, with their schedule, to live at home. And he won't,no matter what happens.

Not necessarily free. The tuition waiver is on a sliding scale, depending on parent's income. And he doesn't live at home. It makes no sense for a BB player, with their schedule, to live at home. And he won't,no matter what happens.
We’ve got a number of offers out for next year, and no available schollys as of now. And the sliding scale only reduces it to 90% of tuition, leaving 10% to be paid.

Last edited:
We’ve got a number of offers out for next year, and no available schollys as of now. And the sliding scale only reduces it to 90% of tuition, leaving 10% to be paid.
Correct, but for BB, tuition is not "free". And R&B must be paid also.

Are you planning on paying Buddy's tuition and $20,000 room & board next year? It ain't free.
I’d always heard there was a clause in professor/long time university employees contracts that stipulates sons/daughters attending for free but if i’m wrong about that here oh well then

Correct, but for BB, tuition is not "free". And R&B must be paid also.
Oh come on. JB’s a multi millionaire. I understand the reasons for keeping Buddy on scholarship his first couple of years so as to keep him on equal footing with his teammates, since he’s def an SU level player. But if need be, JB can afford room and board. Stop acting like that’s a big deal.

Oh come on. JB’s a multi millionaire. I understand the reasons for keeping Buddy on scholarship his first couple of years so as to keep him on equal footing with his teammates, since he’s def an SU level player. But if need be, JB can afford room and board. Stop acting like that’s a big deal.
I love how many people think they have the right to spend JB’s money. We already have 13 scholarships. How many players do you think we need?

All I was responding to was the OP saying tuition was free. It wouldn't be for BB.

Not that JB couldn't afford it.

Sheesh.

I love how many people think they have the right to spend JB’s money. We already have 13 scholarships. How many players do you think we need?

As many more as it takes to get us the guy(s) who is going to help us get to a top 10 level team.

Buddy being on scholarship ain't about the money. Not sure why that's the focus.

OB's shooting percentage will go back up when we get a healthy PG in place.

If it doesn't, we have somebody to take his place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom