OB | Syracusefan.com

OB

Cooper05

Walk On
I don’t really know how to say this. I’m not one to bash our players. I love all Orange. I didn’t watch the first half but saw the second half. OB did absolutely nothing until hitting a 2 pt lucky jump shot at the end. I have watched Cuse a long time and understand JB rides the people who got him there, but why not play Marek, Sidibe, Hughes, Battle, and Howard. If OB is giving you nothing why not try it? It’s can’t be much worse! If OB continues to play like this then he will be back next year and honestly I’m ok with that. Nothing wrong with leading for 3-4 years. Seeing why Akok didn’t come here. And seriously I wouldn’t be surprised if Battle came back and we have our whole team back!

Also toward the 8 min mark when we were up 12 or so and started to get stagnant, wouldn’t that be the time to put in Carey to inject some life into the offense? Just curious what everyone else thinks?

OB was “back” in the ND game. He was pulled pretty quickly in the first few minutes tonight after making back to back turnovers. I can’t remember who went in for him. This wasn’t a great game for Oshae. I am sorry to see him struggling because I am pretty sure he thought this was going to be his last year and he was going to be AWESOME. No one can be more disappointed in his “regression” than Oshae. Can’t write him off, though. It’s too early and the talent is there.

OB was our leading scorer at halftime.

I wonder if he watched the first half if his mind would have changed? Speaking of which, how soon do they post the replays on ESPN/watch in case he wants to see the first half and if his mind changes? I'm on the fence about whether it would, lol.

OB was “back” in the ND game. He was pulled pretty quickly in the first few minutes tonight after making back to back turnovers. I can’t remember who went in for him. This wasn’t a great game for Oshae. I am sorry to see him struggling because I am pretty sure he thought this was going to be his last year and he was going to be AWESOME. No one can be more disappointed in his “regression” than Oshae. Can’t write him off, though. It’s too early and the talent is there.
Sidibe came in and Marek went to the 4. And as posted above that lineup was pretty good.

He just needs to be more aggressive. I remember when he was just a commit for us and watching his videos, the one thing I loved about him was that he was relentless at attacking the rim, rebounding, gettting loose balls, etc...Seems his mentality towards the game has changed more so than his ability. Fingers crossed though we need him!

I hope Oshae works on realizing when and where scoring opportunities exist for him. Marek led him with an awesome pass forcing him to cut to the basket for the jam. Brissett needs to recognize the opening himself and the need to cut instead of standing at the 3 point line awaiting a pass to launch. Would love to see him aggressively cut, pick then roll purposely to the basket hands up and develop some quick post up moves.

I agree. It reminds me of my posting now that Ive been beaten into submission(including being more sober when posting), vs my early to mid career on here. I'm hoping I can return to those glory days, and hoping OB will too.

Sidibe came in and Marek went to the 4. And as posted above that lineup was pretty good.

He just needs to be more aggressive. I remember when he was just a commit for us and watching his videos, the one thing I loved about him was that he was relentless at attacking the rim, rebounding, gettting loose balls, etc...Seems his mentality towards the game has changed more so than his ability. Fingers crossed though we need him!

This. HE had the potential to DOMINATE in the college game, based on what he did last season...concentrate on the now, continue what worked so very well for him. However, some have suggested he at times was "playing for the NBA"(scouts). I wont comment on that, folks can decide for themselves.

Mentality was the key word in your post, in my opinion.

Im not in anyway writing OB off, but why not try something else. He isn’t Indesensible

Im not in anyway writing OB off, but why not try something else. He isn’t Indesensible
Obviously that was the wrong spelling, he can be subbed In for.

Obviously that was the wrong spelling, he can be subbed In for.
I love OB, I just think he needs to get back to what he is good at! Rebounding, aggressive to the rim, going to the foul line. By the way what is up with his free throws?

I love OB, I just think he needs to get back to what he is good at! Rebounding, aggressive to the rim, going to the foul line. By the way what is up with his free throws?
Again in no way am I trying to bash OB! I just think that if he thought this was going to be his last year then get back to why he thought that. Attack the rim, get to the foul line. Rebound aggressively! Do the little things. Everything else will come to you! In the tournament last year he was relentless. Get back to that OB!

This post really was meant to be a positive to light a fire under OB! Not bash him. I love OB! I love Orange!! Always have and always will. Won’t ever bash our players, just hope for the best for the team!
On Monday we will need OB to be a beast!! I think he can! Just get back to what you do best! Don’t sit at the 3 pt line

I meant offensively

My friend, I think some folks may have missed that you didnt see the first half. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made in your opinion, but I think it is important to note.

My friend, I think some folks may have missed that you didnt see the first half. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made in your opinion, but I think it is important to note.
I understand, I just want to see a full game from OB! He really is one of my favorite players. My point was that if he was playing like he was in the 2nd, why not try something else and a different lineup. He played the whole second half and gave 2 pts

I understand, I just want to see a full game from OB! He really is one of my favorite players. My point was that if he was playing like he was in the 2nd, why not try something else and a different lineup. He played the whole second half and gave 2 pts
Again I bleed orange through and through. Always have. I want what’s best for the team! No matter who is playing. That said I thing we are playing into form with the way we all expected. Frank getting healthy. JB finding his rotation etc. I think we move forward with Marek and Sidibe. I think Jalen will have his chances to make a impact. I just honk no matter who is not playing well try something else that includes everyone! I know that doesn’t really exist for Battle and it shouldn’t. He is the one player that should be able to play through it. It everyone else should be on notice. I know how JB is, but I think we are going in the right direction and improving as a team and more importantly getting healthy!

Look guys, he is our best player after Tyus. We are going to need him and we are going to need him badly.

Not sure what's up with him. I do know he can't fall in love with 3's to excess.

He is one of the best slashers to the basket to have played for SU, except that he may be the worst finisher. That is puzzling, but that's what he needs to work on.

He is too much of an athlete to just fall back on 3's on stop getting to the hoop.

Again I bleed orange through and through. Always have. I want what’s best for the team! No matter who is playing. That said I thing we are playing into form with the way we all expected. Frank getting healthy. JB finding his rotation etc. I think we move forward with Marek and Sidibe. I think Jalen will have his chances to make a impact. I just honk no matter who is not playing well try something else that includes everyone! I know that doesn’t really exist for Battle and it shouldn’t. He is the one player that should be able to play through it. It everyone else should be on notice. I know how JB is, but I think we are going in the right direction and improving as a team and more importantly getting healthy!

Dont worry, no matter if I agree or disagree with anything you say, I will not question your love of the team or OB. I"m used to being a minority opinion and taking a beating, and suriviving, so I feel some empathy for others when theyre on the defensive. I think you definitely have others who agree with you, though. Like Michael Jackson(RIP) sang, "You Are Not Alone".

OB Just would be wise to get back to doing what he was so successful at last season, to put the team ahead of his looking good for NBA scouts. That last bit may be a abit uncomfortable for some, but I think it's a valid point:

I think he may be plaing 2 games at once...and sometimes they don not both coincide.

I don’t really know how to say this. I’m not one to bash our players. I love all Orange. I didn’t watch the first half but saw the second half. OB did absolutely nothing until hitting a 2 pt lucky jump shot at the end. I have watched Cuse a long time and understand JB rides the people who got him there, but why not play Marek, Sidibe, Hughes, Battle, and Howard. If OB is giving you nothing why not try it? It’s can’t be much worse! If OB continues to play like this then he will be back next year and honestly I’m ok with that. Nothing wrong with leading for 3-4 years. Seeing why Akok didn’t come here. And seriously I wouldn’t be surprised if Battle came back and we have our whole team back!

Also toward the 8 min mark when we were up 12 or so and started to get stagnant, wouldn’t that be the time to put in Carey to inject some life into the offense? Just curious what everyone else thinks?

I just noticed there is a condensed game thread on here if you want to check out the first half, it would be relatively quick, compared to watching it on ESPN/watch, as you could. Im guessing you probably wouldnt do either normally, but if you want to see if your opinion changes at all(im not sure it will be enough to oush you on the other side of the fence, but who knows), the condensed game thread has a video.

I figured I'd mention it just in case you didnt see it. BeIng you were challenged by a post saying he was the leading scorer in the first half, I figured you might want to reevaluate things quickly and see what you think.

Look guys, he is our best player after Tyus. We are going to need him and we are going to need him badly.

Not sure what's up with him. I do know he can't fall in love with 3's to excess.

He is one of the best slashers to the basket to have played for SU, except that he may be the worst finisher. That is puzzling, but that's what he needs to work on.

He is too much of an athlete to just fall back on 3's on stop getting to the hoop.
I'm starting to think Hughes is our 2nd best player. Especially if he gives us 5 or more rebounds a night. His weakside D challenging shots is a factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom