Obligatory officiating post | Syracusefan.com

Obligatory officiating post

The worst call was a 5 point swing in our favor. We battered one of their players on a trey attempt, no call, Ty got a run out. 5 point swing for us.

I didn't actually see it but somebody told me it was a good no-call. There were a couple I didn't like and a couple of hacks I thought we got lucky but that's how it goes. It was minimal and balanced which is key.

Really the best crew all season. I wish that's how every game would get called.

The one I didn't like was the Carey charge. Thought he was getting mugged, would have to see the replay.

A couple calls I thought sucked, but that's always going to happen because you're so focused in on your squard. I'm sure Baylor could point to a couple as well. I thought the officiating was great - no complaints.

Really well called game. Som missed calls each way, but we have replay. Really, a couple of in and out shots, unlucky bounces away. The one short pass which could have been a break away but was stolen and led to a 3 was huge

thought they were great. Best called game all year.
Completely agree and it was not one sided in our favor either. Just a fair and balanced game. Refs impact was not felt which is how it should be

I think there was one charge call on us I didn't like, but yeah the officials were great. Both teams made it easier for them with all the jump shots taken

So what is it...better refs because it’s the tournament?

Or getting away from the “Duke and UNC win no matter what” ACC mindset?

Or both?

So what is it...better refs because it’s the tournament?

Or getting away from the “Duke and UNC win no matter what” ACC mindset?

Or both?
I think both to be honest...The ACC refs when we played Duke and UNC were criminal...It was appalling how one sided it was. Last night was called very well. A couple missed calls both ways but felt good to get a legit refereed game.

marek managed to get himself in a pickle. but that's what marek does .

In the first half, Baylor's big guy was camping out in the lane for at least ten seconds at a time--no calls.
They never call 3 seconds any more. It’s a whole different story if you watch women’s college basketball.

The worst (non) call was a 5 point swing in our favor. We battered one of their players on a trey attempt, no call, Ty got a run out. 5 point swing for us.

they also called a terrible charge on Jalen followed by a baffling call on Oshae which was 4-5 point swing as well.

but we were certainly the beneficiary of some calls too. it was fair. not sure it was great.

We were 15/18 from the line. Had to have been one of our best games.

I watched Tony Greene butcher a call late in one of the Des Moine games (UF vs Nevada, i think).

I was disappointed he hadn't retired but not surprised he made a soft call to impact the game late.

I didn't actually see it but somebody told me it was a good no-call. There were a couple I didn't like and a couple of hacks I thought we got lucky but that's how it goes. It was minimal and balanced which is key.

Really the best crew all season. I wish that's how every game would get called.

The one I didn't like was the Carey charge. Thought he was getting mugged, would have to see the replay.

I winced when I saw the play that led to the run-out for Tyus, but it was a good no-call if they're letting it go both ways. The Carey charge was text book charge. They showed the play from the baseline and you can't even see Carey for the defender. He beat him to the spot, was facing him, and all the contact was right in the numbers. Just IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom