Obokoh Cleared | Syracusefan.com

Obokoh Cleared

HOW DOES IT HELP THE KID TO MAKE HIM WAIT FOR CLEARANCE BEFORE HE CAN BE ON CAMPUS TAKING CLASSES?!?!?!?!?!? BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THE BEST THING TO DO TO A KID IS MAKE THEM GET OFF TO A LATE START WITH THEIR CLASSES.

:bang:Oh Lord but mostly Oh Lord. Maybe a little more :bang: but heaven help me, Oh Lord.

just out of curiosity, why cant he start classes before he is NCAA cleared?

That makes literally no sense. I can understand keeping him off practice court, athletic facilities, games, hell withholding team gear from him... but what in the world does it have to do with classes?

Syracuse University let him in.

That makes literally no sense. I can understand keeping him off practice court, athletic facilities, games, hell withholding team gear from him... but what in the world does it have to do with classes?

That's the thing that is pissing the stuff out of me.

So, if I am reading that article right then Roberson will either be deemed eligible or ineligible by the end of the week.

"SU would need to learn that Roberson was cleared this week, Boeheim said, since classes started Monday."

I don't think you can give scholarships to ineligible student-athletes. And he's ineligible until the NCAA says otherwise.

Unless he wants to pay his own tuition, he's in a holding pattern.

The NCAA needs to be gutted like a pig. Most greedy, incompetent, evil, and mindless organization to ever exist.

T
I don't think you can give scholarships to ineligible student-athletes. And he's ineligible until the NCAA says otherwise.

That doesn't make sense either. Tuition isn't due right when the semester starts.

Is the NCAA worried about giving the kid a dorm room and a meal plan for a week? Come on.

T
That doesn't make sense either. Tuition isn't due right when the semester starts.

Is the NCAA worried about giving the kid a dorm room and a meal plan for a week? Come on.

True ... it's due (starting) in May. lol

You know how the NCAA thinks ... guilty until proven innocent (or in this case ineligible until proven otherwise).

True ... it's due (starting) in May. lol

Huh. BYU was a lot different. You had until a few weeks after classes started before you needed to pay.

Not to mention that both missed the opportunity to get a class or two under their belts during summer sessions. Nice to have a cushion from an APR perspective. Although it sounds like Roberson needed summer classes just to REACH eligibility requirements.

And the NCAA can't even be bothered to tell the athlete if they're cleared - they have to keep logging into the website. But the NCAA is all about the student-athlete right? :confused:

A kid posted yesterday on twitter that Roberson was in class with him, didn't he?

That was my thought too. If they were to let him in they would probably be in trouble for showing preferential treatment to an athlete. Don't need that.

The way I read it was that if he's not cleared soon, he will pursue some other opportunities for this year. Whether that's prep school or something else, the article doesn't state.

I don't think it's the NCAA keeping him out of classes, it's his call.

A kid posted yesterday on twitter that Roberson was in class with him, didn't he?

Yes a kid did post that on twitter. Obviously lying or has the wrong Tyler. Either way, this kind of status is going to make things that much tougher for Roberson once he is cleared in order to catch up on work. I can't wait till the ncaa is no longer.

The way I read it was that if he's not cleared soon, he will pursue some other opportunities for this year. Whether that's prep school or something else, the article doesn't state.

I don't think it's the NCAA keeping him out of classes, it's his call.

The way you read what? Link? I'm not sure I'm following you... thanks.

Check the link in the first post.

Yeah, I read it but he acted like those other options for him are a last resort and not something imminent. I am growing concerned but hopefully we'll get the word this week.

Donna D. said something interesting in today's chat. She said that it's her understanding that players (like Tyler) who are not cleared could enroll in classes but she thinks they'd have to pay for them (until they are cleared). She said she's trying to get clarification on that from the The NCAA. Good luck with that, Donna.

I like to refer to the NCAA as the National Communists Against Athletes (Brian Bosworth Orange Bowl reference from the 1980s).

My understanding is that the condition of any division 1 or 2 athlete accepting an athletic scholarship, was student-athlete's responsibility to meet the NCAA clearinghouse requirement. As an example; a film study class may graduate him from his high school as an english class, but that class may not be viewed as a core english requirement with the ncaa..

T

Otto, let's just say I didn't choose my current avatar at random . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom