Observations | Syracusefan.com

Observations

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Coker at FB in the short yardage situations - good to get a strong, tough athlete on the field making a difference.

Nick Robinson getting in the game at LT on the last drive - solid.

Trudo pushing to advance the ball five or six yards at the end - great moment.

Reddish blitz - great play.

Marrone pushing, encouraging, very involved while the defense was on the field - as others have observed, it made a difference.

Pulling Goggins and D. Davis immediately after each pulled a bonehead play - mistakes must be addressed on the field and in front of the players and fans - it was about time for me.

It was obvious that changes were made during the bye week - give Marrone credit - he observed and he reacted in every respect - that is what coaching is all about.

And yes, the orange shoes!!

Pitt is big and strong and tough - we did something that we have not done in awhile - we got physical and prevailed.

Great win for the program and now the games begin.

Coker at FB in the short yardage situations - good to get a strong, tough athlete on the field making a difference.

Marrone pushing, encouraging, very involved while the defense was on the field - as others have observed, it made a difference.

Pulling Goggins and D. Davis immediately after each pulled a bonehead play - mistakes must be addressed on the field and in front of the players and fans - it was about time for me.

It was obvious that changes were made during the bye week - give Marrone credit - he observed and he reacted in every respect - that is what coaching is all about.

Pitt is big and strong and tough - we did something that we have not done in awhile - we got physical and prevailed.

NR was actually playing a wing back in the tank formation sitting off Pugh's left hip. Lot of beef rolling down hill.

Let's spin it this way (not in a negative way): we won when our QB played a pretty bad game and we didn't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield (OK, the one sideline pattern to West when he was covered).

Hopefully they get to film, show Nassib he has more time than he thinks, as much as most college QBs, and he starts looking past the line into the secondary.

Great win, particularly when we got very little from the QB, and how often does that happen?

Nassib will still win us some games this year, so let's hope it's 4 more...

NR was actually playing a wing back in the tank formation sitting off Pugh's left hip. Lot of beef rolling down hill.

Yeah, my angle was tough. I saw him on the left side.

That he played in that situation tells me that Nick Robinson has some athletic ability - very glad to see the kid contribute.

Not sure I could go as far as a "great" win, certainly a very important one. The other two points...spot on. Better offensive execution would have made it a "great" win.

Finally...Marrone enthused...and imagine that: it made a difference.

Most importantly...physicality. Wow...did that every make a difference.

44cuse

Love the win.

Something was off with Nassib tonight. Looked like mentally his game was off. He got some pressure, but even when he wasn't pressured it looked (on TV) like either Pitts secondary was very good or Nassib wasn't really looking for anything but his primary receiver.

Looked to me like he was rushing things. Like he was rattled. Coverage might have been good though?

Not sure I could go as far as a "great" win, certainly a very important one. The other two points...spot on. Better offensive execution would have made it a "great" win.

44cuse

Post of the night, across the board.

44cuse

Given the stakes, it was a great win for me.

Given the stakes, it was a great win for me.

That's fair and fine. Everyone can have their own opinion on the win. Was just saying that it wasn't necessarily a great win for the program.

Just once I would like for it all to come together on the same night. Actually, that's not true either. I would like it to come together more than "just once."

44cuse

Love the win.

Something was off with Nassib tonight. Looked like mentally his game was off. He got some pressure, but even when he wasn't pressured it looked (on TV) like either Pitts secondary was very good or Nassib wasn't really looking for anything but his primary receiver.

Looked to me like he was rushing things. Like he was rattled. Coverage might have been good though?

Nassib had a bad game but if you were there you have to give the Pitt DB's credit. They had our WR's covered like a glove.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think the play calling left a lot of potential plays on the field because of the substitution pattern.. we had clark block a WR screen, we had lemon running the sprint quick reverse type pass plays, we had flemming back but used clark more in the red zone, we threw the fade off a 4 wr set so no room to throw it. we ran a bunch of plays that forced ryan into on option by formation and that was usually covered

luckily pitt did much the same, throwing for a bunch and deciding to run way too much .

And yes, the orange shoes!!

Good job with the Nick Robinson observation. They stole the tank formation from SUNY SB

He was playing TE with Wales playing off of him.

Pulling Goggins and D. Davis immediately after each pulled a bonehead play - mistakes must be addressed on the field and in front of the players and fans - it was about time for me...

Shocked that this doesn't happen to Anderson, too. Compounds his poor play with an absolute Phil Thomas-style personal foul on the fumble return.

The orange shoes were sweet.

and one last thing to add to it that others have noted...the improved sideline "demeanor" of Marrone. Something that helped feed the excitement of the team across the board. I know this has been a pet peeve of yours but did you "see it" how it probably helped last night. I loved it.

Nassib had a bad game but if you were there you have to give the Pitt DB's credit. They had our WR's covered like a glove.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If only he had feet.

and one last thing to add to it that others have noted...the improved sideline "demeanor" of Marrone. Something that helped feed the excitement of the team across the board. I know this has been a pet peeve of yours but did you "see it" how it probably helped last night. I loved it.

I think his active involvement was a real plus - he was truly coaching last night and it was great.

I think his active involvement was a real plus - he was truly coaching last night and it was great.
It was great to see Im glad that Doug let it all hang out last night and i believe the kids were as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom