OC Candidates | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OC Candidates

All I want.
All I ask.
All I've wanted for 20 years.

Is a balanced offense. Lean on the run, sure, but in a balanced way that also features a passing game that is current and modern and relevant. Use the the entire field when passing. Use the intermediate passing game. And recruit QBs that are good enough at throwing that when you trail, you can go pass heavy.

Please. Please. Please.

I've been begging for this for decades.

Nunzio will stay.

Keep an eye on Dennis Thomas getting a position job - most likely RBs (coached LA in HS).

Dream hire as AHC or DC would be Elijah Robinson.

Other names to keep an eye on for positions on staff: Jeff Nixon (Giants), Preston Brown (Maryland), Tiquan Underwood (Pitt), Augie Hoffman (Columbia), Jamel Mutunga (Panthers)
Weird that Robinson was DL coach AND run game coordinator. Seems like an odd combination of responsibilities. But you’re right. The crossover with HCFB seems like he would at least be on his radar.

Nunzio will stay.

Keep an eye on Dennis Thomas getting a position job - most likely RBs (coached LA in HS).

Other names to keep an eye on for positions on staff: Jeff Nixon (Giants), Preston Brown (Maryland), Tiquan Underwood (Pitt), Augie Hoffman (Columbia), Jamel Mutunga (Panthers)
You'd have to think Nixon is only leaving the Giants/NFL for the OC job, which he has some experience as but not a lot. SU would be his opportunity to prove himself as an OC. He's learning under Daboll now.

Weird that Robinson was DL coach AND run game coordinator. Seems like an odd combination of responsibilities. But you’re right. The crossover with HCFB seems like he would at least be on his radar.
Yeah, how does that work?

Nunzio will stay.

Why is it so important that Nunzio should stay? he could make a lot more money at a factory.

Thought the same thing All4 and I was wondering if it meant defensive run game coordinator. I've seen that title before in some of these guys bios.

Rumor is all coaches were informed to be gone after the bowl game. Hoping imthis is not true.
I'm hoping it is. Clean house. If any of the former coaches want to interview they can, but no one should be guaranteed a position.

Fact of the matter is we don't have an "ace recruiter" on the current staff we're losing, and we don't really have any innovative position coaches/coordinators either.

Nunzio is interviewing for HC roles, so he's not staying as a OC, no matter how many times it gets posted, nor should be get the OC position.

Beck hasn't shown enough to stay as OC, and with a new QB in 2024 needed, why keep him?

Outside of those two is there anyone we REALLY want to keep?

Rumor is all coaches were informed to be gone after the bowl game. Hoping imthis is not true.
IMG_5196.gif

Me to Nunzio if this is true

I'm hoping it is. Clean house. If any of the former coaches want to interview they can, but no one should be guaranteed a position.

Fact of the matter is we don't have an "ace recruiter" on the current staff we're losing, and we don't really have any innovative position coaches/coordinators either.

Nunzio is interviewing for HC roles, so he's not staying as a OC, no matter how many times it gets posted, nor should be get the OC position.

Beck hasn't shown enough to stay as OC, and with a new QB in 2024 needed, why keep him?

Probably best as well. Clean slate nobody from the old regime to muddy the waters as the team moves forward either. It can create situations that aren't ideal

Curious without taking the time to look it up because someone here will know the answer or look it up for me. Busy day today. Were Nunzio and Brown together at Rutgers at the same time by any chance?

Curious without taking the time to look it up because someone here will know the answer or look it up for me. Busy day today. Were Nunzio and Brown together at Rutgers at the same time by any chance?
They were but as Bnoro states above Nunzio has been interviewing for HC jobs.

What level schools are giving Nunzio HC interviews? Seems like a jump. I know he was a really good high school head coach.

HCFB deserves to bring in his own staff from Day 1. It's his name on the program and he's the person who will ultimately be held responsible for whatever is delivered to the fans.

Last edited:
Well, we just hired a coach who has never been a coordinator or head coach….
True, lol. But getting hired as a HC as a position coach from a football factory like Georgia and a mediocre Syracuse team are pretty different.

FCS schools like Stony Brook and Columbia.
The CAA is the SEC of the FCS. If he could get Stony into the top teams in that conference, he would be accomplishing something. The IVY has rededacted to football as well and Columbia is the bottom of that conference, so that would be pretty good too.

All I want.
All I ask.
All I've wanted for 20 years.

Is a balanced offense. Lean on the run, sure, but in a balanced way that also features a passing game that is current and modern and relevant. Use the the entire field when passing. Use the intermediate passing game. And recruit QBs that are good enough at throwing that when you trail, you can go pass heavy.

Please. Please. Please.

I've been begging for this for decades.

Best I can do is Triple Option and a converted TE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom