Oddly, I'm already over it. | Syracusefan.com

Oddly, I'm already over it.

djcon57

Living Legend
Honestly didn't think this team was very good around that GT game. JB made his bed by that point, it was too late. We just didn't have enough scoring and didn't make an attempt to create depth...so if our two shooters were off, we were basically done. Is what it is.

Yep. The ND lucky win was actually excusable in that it was <48 hours removed from an incredibly emotional high. The BC, GT & both NC St games I just don't know; we had plenty of rest and all the motivation in the world so it's just hard to find excuses there. Bleh, still sucks.

Honestly didn't think this team was very good around that GT game. JB made his bed by that point, it was too late. We just didn't have enough scoring and didn't make an attempt to create depth...so if our two shooters were off, we were basically done. Is what it is.
Agreed. We all knew this was going to be the prototypical game that would end our season. All too predictable. Lack of scoring and outside shooting. This was the same exact game that we played at least 15 times during the year, winning more than our share. It's only so many times you can go to the well and expect to come out on top. I'd gladly trade the luck we had in the Pitt and NC State games for one lucky NCAA game. Oh well. Let's hope Ennis and Grant don't drink the NCAA kool aid.

I looked at our boxscores halfway through ACC, and just thought there was no way we could survive consistantly getting outscored by 12+ from 3.

yeah same here, time to catch up on the Oscar nominated movies...tonight, American Hustle....

That 2
you really can't be that big an @sshole. I refuse to believe that you are. We were 25-0. That is great. We lose a tough tournament game and you bring this. Go crawl under a rock. And I wasn't involved in that great discussion.

That 25-0 was an illusion. A mirage. There were 7 or 8 games that we could have easily lost. This just wasn't all that good a team. And it got worse as the year went on. We were 2-5 in the last 7 games of the season losing to BC.

As to the personal attacks ... Attacks from idiots don't bother me. They reveal more about you than they do me. They are the last resort of those who can't argue. The stupid.

You see all these mid major and even low major teams that have multiple skilled bigs and multiple reasonably athletic shooters and you really wonder how we cannot (or more to the point..choose not) to land a couple.

STEVEHOLT said:
You see all these mid major and even low major teams that have multiple skilled bigs and multiple reasonably athletic shooters and you really wonder how we cannot (or more to the point..choose not) to land a couple.

That's a really good question and not something JB and his staff haven't figured out yet.

St. Francis, both Miami games, both Pitt games, both BC games, both NC State games, the Maryland game, the GT game and tonight. They were all the same. The other team slowed the tempo, and Syracuse willingly went along. Boeheim adopted a philosophy that virtually guaranteed that games would come down to the final possessions. I'm not convinced it's the best strategy given the talent advantage Syracuse had over those teams.

St. Francis, both Miami games, both Pitt games, both BC games, both NC State games, the Maryland game, the GT game and tonight. They were all the same. The other team slowed the tempo, and Syracuse willingly went along. Boeheim adopted a philosophy that virtually guaranteed that games would come down to the final possessions. I'm not convinced it's the best strategy given the talent advantage Syracuse had over those teams.

JB convinced himself (and, hell, he's a HOF, he's prob right)...but he convinced himself this team had no depth and no one on the bench could play and made it a reality. They did this slow down on purpose because he wanted to play these guys 40 mins.

That's a really good question and not something JB and his staff haven't figured out yet.
Guess what, Syracuse on a year to year basis loses these highly skilled players as freshmen or sophomores. If you can't figure that out, I don't know what to tell ya.

JB convinced himself (and, hell, he's a HOF, he's prob right)...but he convinced himself this team had no depth and no one on the bench could play and made it a reality. They did this slow down on purpose because he wanted to play these guys 40 mins.

Oddly enough the fact SU players seem to have no energy in the second half of the season was just mentioned after the game. Hmmmm.

Boy I agree with that. I really don't know how SU recruits players that want to play in games like this team plays. What happen to the days when SU played up tempo run and gun with good shooters

marz09cuse said:
Guess what, Syracuse on a year to year basis loses these highly skilled players as freshmen or sophomores. If you can't figure that out, I don't know what to tell ya.

My argument is that JB's recruiting has been overrated. Not enough shooters and scorers. A player like Roberson, a top 50 player and Jersey player of the year, who can't contribute. I tend to think you'll be disappointed in McCullough next year considering his ranking.

This was a tough season to watch SU hoops. This loss tonight doesn't surprise me, and I'm thinking it probably didn't surprise too many people.

This is kinda where I am at. The last time the team was fun to watch was at the 1st Duke game. I'm relieved the season is over.

This team is so far from being one of my favorite teams it is not even funny. Time to get excited about the next crop.

This was a tough season to watch SU hoops. This loss tonight doesn't surprise me, and I'm thinking it probably didn't surprise too many people.
VT, I guess in the end I'm glad I didn't end up getting tickets after all.

VT, I guess in the end I'm glad I didn't end up getting tickets after all.

I meant to ask earlier. Yeah, that would have been tough to see in person.

We knew it was coming, imo it was this game or the next. This team maybe had a sweet 16 in them, that's what I believed. Nothing shocking with this loss at all, the offense has been a joke for sometime now. I really hope Ennis and Grant stay, without them next year SU will be much much worse than this. I can see McCullough and Joesph having an immediate impact, but we need at minimum Ennis.

My argument is that JB's recruiting has been overrated. Not enough shooters and scorers. A player like Roberson, a top 50 player and Jersey player of the year, who can't contribute. I tend to think you'll be disappointed in McCullough next year considering his ranking.

Like Hopkins, I am thinking 1000 wins can't come soon enough. It's time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom