Oddly, I'm already over it. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oddly, I'm already over it.

STEVEHOLT said:
You see all these mid major and even low major teams that have multiple skilled bigs and multiple reasonably athletic shooters and you really wonder how we cannot (or more to the point..choose not) to land a couple.

I think Tyler Lydon could be the type of kid you're talking about.

STEVEHOLT said:
You see all these mid major and even low major teams that have multiple skilled bigs and multiple reasonably athletic shooters and you really wonder how we cannot (or more to the point..choose not) to land a couple.

I think Tyler Lydon could be the type of kid you're talking about.

The loss sucks, but in my bracket I didn't have them making it to the Sweet 16 (had them losing to OSU) and that's because the struggling offense would eventually come back in bite them. What hurts is that they made TWO JUMPSHOTS all game.

My initial reaction after the game was to blame Ennis. It seemed like he forced those last two possessions. While he did carry us, as a freshman who has been noted as a "freshman who plays like a senior" he made some freshman mistakes. Should have driven to the basket.

Unfortunately, this year is done and over with, and I'm already excited for next year.

I thought I was over it but then this cute chick sits down near me and she's wearing an shirt and I'm pissed again.

Honestly didn't think this team was very good around that GT game. JB made his bed by that point, it was too late. We just didn't have enough scoring and didn't make an attempt to create depth...so if our two shooters were off, we were basically done. Is what it is.
I kind of "was over it about that time". This clubs DNA was well defined at that point and I think we all knew that DNA was not "tournament-friendly".
And if we needed any reminder, there was the conference tournament.

I meant to ask earlier. Yeah, that would have been tough to see in person.
I was at Navy-SU '85. Up there with Georgetown closing Manley as one of the dreariest days in my life. Blah. Even the weather outside that day was crap.
And even stuck around because a friend I was with was going to Ohio U and they were playing a later game. Best description, went to a wedding, ended up at a funeral.
Kind of a basketball Red Wedding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom