Of the 16 teams left.. | Syracusefan.com

Of the 16 teams left..

Eric15

Living Legend
Which teams winning it all would bother you the least? Mine:

1. Purdue -- they have a great loyal fanbase and just never, ever get to the Final Four. Even though they're in the Big Ten I would be cool with them winning a title.
2. Virginia -- I like Tony Bennett, I'm not threatened by them, and it would be fun to open next year with the defending champs. And if an ACC team has to win I would want it to be either them or FSU.
3. Houston -- I think it's good for the sport of college basketball to create new and huge fanbases. U of H is a massive school in a massive city, so if suddenly a big hardcore fanbase emerged, it's simply good for business.
4. Florida State -- They're in the ACC and them winning it all wouldn't in any way downgrade our historic position, and Leonard Hamilton seems like a good guy so I'm cool with it.
5. Texas Tech -- it would be refreshing to have a total outsider win the tournament.

I'm not really rooting for or against anyone, especially since I'm in 2nd in my pool and my hopes are riding on Duke. I like to see greatness and legacies built. In my book, the current active coaching standings are:

1. K
2. Roy
3. Izzo
4. Wright
5. Cal
6. Self
7. Boeheim
8. Beilein
9. Huggins
10. Few

With a 2019 championship, I could see Roy approaching 1A status, Izzo moving to 2, Cal moving to 3, Beilein jumping to 5-6, and Few moving to 8. Many of the others would move into the top 10 with the exception of the interim LSU coach and, probably, Chris Beard.

Texas tech or gonzaga fsu has won enough in football and I don't want Sampson to win one.

UVA. That’s about it. I either don’t care (Oregon, Houston, Purdue) or dislike them for football reasons (FSU, Michigan) or North Carolina reasons (the obvious).

I really don't care. My hatred for Duke is somehow only 25% as much as it has historically been. I hope Duke or Carolina don't win it all, but just because i don't want their legends to grow any further.

Virginia would be cool, just to silence the Bennett deniers. LSU shouldn't win with the Wade scandal.

58e1997851a54.image.jpg

I really don't care. My hatred for Duke is somehow only 25% as much as it has historically been. I hope Duke or Carolina don't win it all, but just because i don't want their legends to grow any further.

Virginia would be cool, just to silence the Bennett deniers. LSU shouldn't win with the Wade scandal.

Agree with UVA. They may not get there, but some who have suggested that Bennett and their system "can't" win a title because they haven't are seriously misguided.

Tremendous coach, seemingly good kids, very good program.

honestly this highlights how bad college basketball has gotten with endless cheating...great observation btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom