Offense vs Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Offense vs Louisville

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I don't buy that one of the best defensive teams in our league just decided to not play defense against us.

It helped that OB and Frank were hitting some threes. Obviously when we can make shots, with our defense, we're very tough to beat.

That being said, our offense looked different. We have 2 good ISO players and another one (Frank) that will hurt defenders he's taller than. We finally ISO'd on the weakest defender and stopped with the incessant Chukwu high PnR's that allow a switch/double to negate the entire point of ISO'ing a poor defender. The way we attacked McMahon was relentless and I freakin loved it.

The high PnR with Dolezaj. This guy has all the makings of a point Forward. If the defense wants to jump the pick and double Frank or Battle, they made the pass to Marek to lead a 4-3. Obviously this is an entirely different level but Golden State does this all the time when teams jump Steph. They allow a guy like Iguodala to run a 4-3. Marek handles ok, has pretty good vision and makes good decisions. This should be a staple moving forward when teams employ this defense on us.

After seeing what resembled a functioning offense, the only thing I'd address from last night is the Moyer/Bayer situation. I'd like to see them used situationally. Against certain teams/situations, I truly believe Bayer should get more minutes if nothing more than an open shooter/floor spreader.

I don't buy that one of the best defensive teams in our league just decided to not play defense against us.

It helped that OB and Frank were hitting some threes. Obviously when we can make shots, with our defense, we're very tough to beat.

That being said, our offense looked different. We have 2 good ISO players and another one (Frank) that will hurt defenders he's taller than. We finally ISO'd on the weakest defender and stopped with the incessant Chukwu high PnR's that allow a switch/double to negate the entire point of ISO'ing a poor defender. The way we attacked McMahon was relentless and I freakin loved it.

The high PnR with Dolezaj. This guy has all the makings of a point Forward. If the defense wants to jump the pick and double Frank or Battle, they made the pass to Marek to lead a 4-3. Obviously this is an entirely different level but Golden State does this all the time when teams jump Steph. They allow a guy like Iguodala to run a 4-3. Marek handles ok, has pretty good vision and makes good decisions. This should be a staple moving forward when teams employ this defense on us.

After seeing what resembled a functioning offense, the only thing I'd address from last night is the Moyer/Bayer situation. I'd like to see them used situationally. Against certain teams/situations, I truly believe Bayer should get more minutes if nothing more than an open shooter/floor spreader.

it was a dose of making shots and a dose of what kind of defense Louisville plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom