Offensive development | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Offensive development

Its no rumor there will be several players leaving, bank on it.

Players leave every off-season for a wide variety of reasons. No big deal.

True but its unclear exactly how many, i am hoping not as many as I am hearing and that sometime away from the field and the grind will help everyone.

I know that previous poster suggested that it was more than that

Purge to me, makes it sound like 10+. The program can not afford that. It will be the end of Doug if it happens.

sounds like some packages for hunt as the #2. nassib isn't going anyplace.

Agree. We will see some Hunt. If they wanted to run Nassib they would have done so at least occasionaly this year. At least the last game or two when we needed a win and the threat of injury isn't nearly as damaging.

Harris came out of nowhere last year and was a known commodity this year and was supposed to be next year as well. Now we have zero scholarship fullbacks for next year unless you count Cutler who lets face it probably wont make it to the first contact drill before going down with an injury. Our RB situation is even worse, who is the starter Smith? Gulley if he even is still on the team? AAM? Macfarlane?

What you say about the rest of the guys is true but we also have to replace them and remember they were starters not some backups were losing. Also Provo hasnt been hurt much the past two years losign him is a tremendous loss depsite the fact that some people here honestly believe Beckett Wales can step right in :crazy:
I feel like max beaulieu will overtake Beckett. Look at his offer list Max was a big atheltic pick up for us. And the other tight end with the broken shoulder will continue to be a non-factor.

It will be very much a big deal if it materially impacts our depth.

That cannot be allowed to happen.

It will be very much a big deal if it materially impacts our depth.

That cannot be allowed to happen.

Let's not overreact based upon unsubstantiated rumors.

Attrition happens every offseason.

Let's not overreact based upon unsubstantiated rumors.

Attrition happens every offseason.

I'm not overreacting. I'm preemptively saying that if anything more than normal attrition occurs we have a serious problem.

Just going on record. :)

I'm not overreacting. I'm preemptively saying that if anything more than normal attrition occurs we have a serious problem.

Just going on record. :)
Can't we just wait until something happens the season ended 2 days ago let's cross that bridge when there is actually some substantiation

Agree. We will see some Hunt. If they wanted to run Nassib they would have done so at least occasionaly this year. At least the last game or two when we needed a win and the threat of injury isn't nearly as damaging.

If Nassib can run, we'll see it next year. I tend to think his lack of running this year was the best indication of the staff's view of his backups coupled with the desire to redshirt Hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[

"Gully's issues are not something Im not going to discuss without a premium board but he may not survive the upcoming spring purge."

These are the kind of posts that will be re-visited JeremyCuse so if there is no validity,you risk your posting reputation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom