Offensive Personnel | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Personnel

Doc5120

Starter
I'm trying to understand why we run the same group of guys out there, play after play, series after series. We have some bigger/taller guys like Gadsen, Alford & Hatcher who can't get on the field. Ja'Vontae Williams is another one. Yet we continue to run out Queeley & Sharod, who quite literally can't make a play. From what I've seen so far, Taj is the only 1 who deserves to be on the field. If these young guys truly aren't better than what's in front of them, that's really unnerving.

Obviously Tucker is a stud at RB. But Cooper Lutz is average at best. I've never really understood the infatuation some have with him. Howard and Adams should be getting some of those carries to spell Tucker. Although the staff spelled him for nearly the last 1.5 quarters by playing keep away from Sean.

And the TE - please, please utilize Benson. He has legit speed and we refuse to acknowledge he's even on the football field. Throw him the d@mn ball! I cannot figure out why we ignore this option.

All of this leads me to think Sterlin may be in over his head. It's really tough to watch. Would love to hear from some of the brighter football minds on this board, on why we don't seem to make any sort of adjustments.

I'm trying to understand why we run the same group of guys out there, play after play, series after series. We have some bigger/taller guys like Gadsen, Alford & Hatcher who can't get on the field. Ja'Vontae Williams is another one. Yet we continue to run out Queeley & Sharod, who quite literally can't make a play. From what I've seen so far, Taj is the only 1 who deserves to be on the field. If these young guys truly aren't better than what's in front of them, that's really unnerving.

Obviously Tucker is a stud at RB. But Cooper Lutz is average at best. I've never really understood the infatuation some have with him. Howard and Adams should be getting some of those carries to spell Tucker. Although the staff spelled him for nearly the last 1.5 quarters by playing keep away from Sean.

And the TE - please, please utilize Benson. He has legit speed and we refuse to acknowledge he's even on the football field. Throw him the d@mn ball! I cannot figure out why we ignore this option.

All of this leads me to think Sterlin may be in over his head. It's really tough to watch. Would love to hear from some of the brighter football minds on this board, on why we don't seem to make any sort of adjustments.
By your headline I thought this was a general comment not specific to the offense. ;)
Your points are valid and Dino needs to take advantage of the talent he does have. I almost threw my drink at the Tv every time that hack announcer kept spewing on about how Dino needed to bring Devito back in because he could "trust him." What has Tommy done in the past 2 years to have earned any trust? He may still be the best option but Dino needs to really see what Shrader can do with some extended playing time. Shrader didn't look great, especially running the ball. What he did look was promising.

Given Taj's struggles your comment on the WR's is very damning. But when your next 3 WR's have 8 catches between them in 2 games its hard to argue with. And with all apologies to Lutz but him getting carries over Adams is just punishment to Adams, the offense, and the fans. Get over it Dino, the kid came back and is clearly one of the 2 best RB's on the team.

Lastly, though he has been effective when running, having Tommy Devito get the 2nd most # of carries on the team is irresponsible and another sign that Dino coaches his system over coaching the players he has.

Devito has better talent at receiver then Dungey had ...the difference is Dungey had better field vision and Devito locks in on one receiver and if that's taken away he's lost. Shrader may not have Devito arm talent but if he has field vision we might even see a tight end get loose and catch a ball by accident .lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom