Class of 2014 - Offer Lists Breakdown | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Offer Lists Breakdown

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Okay, so we had a small discussion this morning on the offers that our recruits have and what their other options were. My argument is that the offers as well as the competition for recruits has increased significantly during the past however many years. ( 7 years for the purpose of this exercise) So, in an effort to try and prove this point with the data that I have available I've done the following breakdown.

Using Scout's offer lists, which I know has been criticized over accuracy in the past, I've listed the commits and offers for the three past Head Coaches at Syracuse University. I took each coach's, Greg Robinson, Doug Marrone and Scott Schaffer, 2nd class so that we use a full recruiting cycle for data. I broke them down into categories of total offers and offers to p5+ teams (which consists of the current p5 + former Big East Members - Temple), which seemed like the most fair way to total them.

Now, because each class size was different, I broke it down to offers per player and P5+ offers per player.

Note, I used players signed to those classes whether they ever made it to campus or not.

This is strictly for fun and to drum up conversation. Onto the data:

Greg Robinson’s 2nd Class - 2006
Lou Falzone –
Larry Norton –
Andrey Baskin – Iowa, Mich, Nebraska, N.C. St., Ohio State, Tennessee
Derrell Smith –
Jermaine Pierce – Pitt
Tucker Baumbach – Maryland
Dan Sheeran – Kentucky, UCF, Vandy, Wisc
Parker Cantey – Iowa Penn State, Rutgers, Virginia, Wisc
Taj Smith –
Ian Hammond –
Nico Scott – BC, Cinci, Kent State, Oregon State, Rutgers
Jim McKenzie – Colorado, Kentucky, Rutgers, WV
Ryan Bartholomew –
Jonathan Meldrum –
Delone Carter – Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State, Kentucky, Minnesota, Wisconsin
Anthony Perkins –
Adam Rosner – Buffalo
Matt Reid – Akron, Kent State, Rutgers
Jared Kimmel –
Andrew Robinson – Wisconsin
Kerek Hrinya –
Mike Williams – Buff, Pitt, Temple, Wisc
22 Players – 41 total offers / P5 (+ Big East – Temple) 31
1.86 offers other than Cuse per player / 1.41 offers per player P5+
Doug Marrone 2nd Class – 2010

Jason Bromley –
Jarrod West – Cinn, Maryland, Missouri, Northwester, Pitt, Stanford, Vandy
Deon Goggins – Baylor, San Jose St., Utah State, Wash st.
Malcolm Cater – Rutgers
Charlie Copa –
Micah Robinson – Akron, Bowling Green, Cinn, Kansas, Louisville, Marshall, Pitt, Toledo, W. Mich
Sean Hickey – BC, Illinois
Keon Lyn – E. Mich, Marshall, Miami (Oh), N. Ill., USF, Utah State
Lou Alexander – Oregon, UCLA
Olando Fisher –
Beckett Wales – Duke, Fla. Atl., Indiana, Iowa, Towson
Michael Hay – Arizona St.
PTG – Akron, Ball St. C. Mich, Kansas, Ohio, Toledo
Jeremi Wilkes – Fla. St., Georgia Southern, Louisville, Rutgers, Troy
Marquis Spruill – James Madison, Temple
Max Beaulieu – Arkansas, Nebraska, Purdue, South Carolina, Tennesee, Wake Forest, Wisc
Lewellyn Coker –
Brice Hawkes –
Dyshawn Davis –
Adrian Flemming – Delaware, Marshall, Ohio, Old Dominion, Temple
Jerome Smith – Wisc
Robert Welsh – Hofstra, New Hampshire
Jeremiah Kobena –
Johnny Miller – Fla. Int., Illinois, Indiana, New Mexico St., Wisc
Steve Rene – Hofstra, Stony Brook
Ross Krautman – Miami (Oh)
Dom Timbers – E. Mich., Toledo
Mario Tull –
Macky McPherson –
John Kinder –
Myles Davis –
31 players – 77 total offers / p5+ 38
2.48 per player / 1.23 P5+
SS 2nd Class 2014
Alin Edouard
– Arizona, BC, Cinn, Fla. Int., Lafayette, Miami (Fl) Miss, Nebraska, Penn State, USF, Tennessee
Aaron Roberts – Ball St., E. Ill, Illinois, Indiana St., New Mexico, N.D. State, USF, Southern Ill
Jamal Custis – Uconn, Umass, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, UCF, Virginia
Wayne Williams – Temple, Texas A&M
Ervin Phillips – Temple
Lamar Dawson – Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Cinn, E. Mich., Mich St., N. Ill, Ohio, Toledo, W. MIch
KJ Williams – Uconn, Michigan, Missouri, Pitt, Rutgers, UCLA, Vandy, Wiscy
Parris Bennett – Akron, Ball St., Bowling Green, Buff, C. Mich., E. Mich., Ohio, Pitt, Toledo, W. Mich
Rodney Williams – Temple
Corey Cooper – Uconn, E. Carolina, Illinois, Iowa St., Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (Fl), Minnesota, NC St., UNC, Ok St., Pitt., S. Carolina, Tennessee, Tulsa, Wake Forest
Colton Moskal – C. Mich, Cinn, E. Mich, Minnesota, N. Ill, Toledo, W. Mich. Yale
Zaire Franklin – Arizona, BC, Uconn, James Madison, Umass, Navy, Pitt, Temple, Tulane, ‘Nova
AJ Long – App. St., Arizona, Umass, Ohio, Southern Miss, Temple, UCLA
Naes Howard - Buff
14 total players – 100 total offers / P5+ 52
7.14 offers per player / p5+ 3.71

Breakdown:

Greg Robinson: 1.86 offers per player / 1.41 offers per player P5+ (2006)
Doug Marrone: 2.48 per player / 1.23 P5+ (2010)
SS: 7.14 offers per player / p5+ 3.71 (2014)

Hell of a job on the research. Very well done. Can't wait to see once this class is complete.

I'd say the exposure these kids get from the internet in this time might play a big role in this too, though.

Hell of a job on the research. Very well done. Can't wait to see once this class is complete.

I'd say the exposure these kids get from the internet in this time might play a big role in this too, though.

Agreed.

I'm thinking about doing a trend analysis for each coach throughout their years here that I have data for, but that'll take some time. Maybe over the holidays when I'm home with nothing to do but play around and drink. :cool:

Great job. I am amazed at Max Beaulieu's offer list, yet he never panned out.

Internet exposure has been about the same for the time frame presented IMO.

I do love analysis. :)

Without even going very far into an analytic, we have 3 guys in this class, Edouard, KJ Williams and Cooper that have stronger offer lists than arguably any recruit that we've landed since the recruiting services started in 2002.

really hard to know how much exposure with Tech has changed now much we know or think we know about these offers.

Maybe I need a jolt of caffeine or something to get the neurons firing, but what is P5+?

Thanks for the work on this breakdown.

Maybe I need a jolt of caffeine or something to get the neurons firing, but what is P5+?

Thanks for the work on this breakdown.

Power 5 conferences

I do love analysis. :)

Without even going very far into an analytic, we have 3 guys in this class, Edouard, KJ Williams and Cooper that have stronger offer lists than arguably any recruit that we've landed since the recruiting services started in 2002.
wait till we land ishmael

You would expect to see that kind of progress.

Also helps to be recruiting coming off of 2 bowls in three years and now three out of four and a now 31-31 record vs 5 straight losing seasons and a 14- 45 record.

Along with the higher performance level of the program, the facilities are better than they were four years ago.

With the big east falling apart, Syracuse in the ACC, IPF and other upgrades, winning records and this staff i expect you will see us consistantly in the top 40 going forward with the potential to land a few top 25 classes

With the big east falling apart, Syracuse in the ACC, IPF and other upgrades, winning records and this staff i expect you will see us consistantly in the top 40 going forward with the potential to land a few top 25 classes

plus you always have to consider that a good portion of our recruiting class will come from the northeast/midwest, which usually tends to have a much higher ceiling for development. If we can be in that top 25-40 category consistently we will be setting ourselves up for success

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom