Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

If you knew we could get Jonah Williams at 6, would you just hold and take him? I don't think he'll be there, but I really like him.

He will likely be there and definitely will be if his arm length comes in under 34 inches.

If you knew we could get Jonah Williams at 6, would you just hold and take him? I don't think he'll be there, but I really like him.

Seems like the current thinking is that Jonah goes somewhere in the teens, so at least for now, being available at 6 is a pretty safe bet.

Landon doesn't get tagged. We didn't trade him at the deadline. He's walking. Fantastic.

Gettelman is terrible.
Yeah this screams Dallas all over Collins as they need safety help and have cap space.

I guess the Giants didn't think Collins was good in coverage and was more of a LB than S.

Yeah this screams Dallas all over Collins as they need safety help and have cap space.

I guess the Giants didn't think Collins was good in coverage and was more of a LB than S.

The guy is on a HoF track and loved NY. I'm so bitter. The tag at $11MM and change would have been an incredible deal.

The guy is on a HoF track and loved NY. I'm so bitter. The tag at $11MM and change would have been an incredible deal.
I get that and it doesn't make sense if the Giants want to compete with Eli to resign one of their best defenders.
The Giants are taking a QB if they don't spend in FA.

I get that and it doesn't make sense if the Giants want to compete with Eli to resign one of their best defenders.
The Giants are taking a QB if they don't spend in FA.

I'll be fine with Haskins. Honestly, I'm done arguing Eli vs rebuild (in general). I'm much more worried about Gettelman at this point, overall.

I'll be fine with Haskins. Honestly, I'm done arguing Eli vs rebuild (in general). I'm much more worried about Gettelman at this point, overall.
Yeah, not sure what happened there.

I guess he didn’t want to take the PR hit on Collins in the season?

I know I was # 2,511,561 in line to drive Eli Apple to the airport, but were they that worried about no Collins? I get he gets hurt more often than OBJ, which is impressive, but they must have a plan.

Right?

Eli has to be extended by Friday...

Yeah, not sure what happened there.

I guess he didn’t want to take the PR hit on Collins in the season?

I know I was # 2,511,561 in line to drive Eli Apple to the airport, but were they that worried about no Collins? I get he gets hurt more often than OBJ, which is impressive, but they must have a plan.

Right?

Eli has to be extended by Friday...
You guys are going to be 2017 KC next year.
The veteran is going to try and compete but the rookie QB will be groomed for 2020 and once you are out of it the rookie will be starting.
The weapons are there like KC had Hill-Hunt-Kelce and the Giants have Barkley-OBJ-Engram.

You guys are going to be 2017 KC next year.
The veteran is going to try and compete but the rookie QB will be groomed for 2020 and once you are out of it the rookie will be starting.
The weapons are there like KC had Hill-Hunt-Kelce and the Giants have Barkley-OBJ-Engram.

Just no Mahomes. :)

Just no Mahomes. :)
2017 was the year KC drafted Mahomes.
So we will see what QB the Giants get but my point was they are taking a QB this draft in the first round or letting Collins go is just dumb for them.

So we will see what QB the Giants get but my point was they are taking a QB this draft in the first round or letting Collins go is just dumb for them.

I gotcha. Just bustin' chops.

Gettleman has said as much about KC.

That will be the plan next year when the Giants draft DeVito at 32...

Oh, and Earl Thomas must be ‘signed’ or something.

Gettleman has said as much about KC.

That will be the plan next year when the Giants draft DeVito at 32...

Oh, and Earl Thomas must be ‘signed’ or something.

Why would the eagles want to trade that 32nd pick to the G-men? Unless they swap picks and the Eagles move back a couple of slots. ;)

Well, last year we had a 1/2 of a pass rusher(because he only played half the time) and a crappy OL.

So basically we’re giving up our only pass rusher (who is expensive and plays half seasons) for a solid and durable OL.

Makes the pass rush nonexistent but makes the OL potentially solid.

I think I like it, largely due to the difference in durability between the two players.

Well, last year we had a 1/2 of a pass rusher(because he only played half the time) and a crappy OL.

So basically we’re giving up our only pass rusher (who is expensive and plays half seasons) for a solid and durable OL.

Makes the pass rush nonexistent but makes the OL potentially solid.

I think I like it, largely due to the difference in durability between the two players.
Giants would've had 9 wins last year if the defense could've got 1 stop under 2 minutes, so I'm ok with getting rid of as much of the guilty parties as possible.

which, wow...they have.

they might be taking volunteers from the parking lot to start this September.

Giants would've had 9 wins last year if the defense could've got 1 stop under 2 minutes, so I'm ok with getting rid of as much of the guilty parties as possible.

which, wow...they have.

they might be taking volunteers from the parking lot to start this September.

You and Vince Papale. :cool:

Good for Collins, as he got great money from the Skins, but glad the Giants didn't sign him to that type of deal

Not a good time to be a Giants fan. Bring back Coughlin. These guys suck. Unless we get a HOF QB with a draft pick.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
More

Odell Beckham Jr. traded to Cleveland, as @MikeGarafolo reported.