Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Rebuilding. Not enough for OBJ

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 57s58 seconds ago
More
Here are the trade terms: Giants recieve a first-round pick in 2019 (No. 17 overall), the Browns' second third-round pick this year and S Jabril Peppers, source tells ESPN. Browns get Odell Beckham Jr.

Good deal for the Giants. They couldn’t win a title and clearly rebuilding now.
Cleveland will be AFC North favorite and dangerous next year.

Hmmmm...

Peppers was a first rounder a couple years ago. Good young player, plus first rounder, plus 3rd rounder.

Not...really sure. My first instinct was to hate it, but it might work out. Guess it depends on if we can draft.

They have boats in Cleveland, right?

D1f5ac6XQAASxBS.jpg

Just wow, Gettledumb, $16 mill in dead cap, the Eli contract, no wonder Carolina fired him

Good deal for the Giants. They couldn’t win a title and clearly rebuilding now.
Cleveland will be AFC North favorite and dangerous next year.

Agreed. You have to make these kinds of moves when you're stuck with an aging, not-so-good QB. It's a solid move for the Giants.

Agreed. You have to make these kinds of moves when you're stuck with an aging, not-so-good QB. It's a solid move for the Giants.

Not when you're trading a 26-year-old All-World WR. Unless they strike gold in the draft, it could be a long rebuild. Hey, I'm an Iggles fan, so I wish all Jints' fans the longest rebuild possible.

I think this move clearly signifies that the Giants are looking to go old school football: solid D, solid ground game, play action pass. I don't think they're taking for Tua either - I think they'd rather have Lawrence from Clemson.

I think this move clearly signifies that the Giants are looking to go old school football: solid D, solid ground game, play action pass. I don't think they're taking for Tua either - I think they'd rather have Lawrence from Clemson.

So we are tanking for two more years? Barring injury, Lawrence is going to be the #1 pick. That means we have to be somewhere in the 2-14 range to ensure that in the 2021 draft.

Gettleman is on thin ice already. I'd love Lawrence, but I just don't see it.

Shall we start the official 2019 "Tank for Tua" thread now, or should we wait until August? :rolleyes:

Poor Saquon. He's going to have like 400 touches next year and will be running for his life.

We’ll see how they draft and how they use the future cap space.

I do like Peppers. But they gotta hit on both of those picks with legit good players for this to be worth it. Beckham is a rare talent.

Alternative is holding on to him and still not winning anything and then getting the AB deal for him in 2/3 years. Opting to blow it up a year too late, but better now than in 2 years.

We’ll see how they draft and how they use the future cap space.

I do like Peppers. But they gotta hit on both of those picks with legit good players for this to be worth it. Beckham is a rare talent.

To the people saying that Peppers for Collins is close to a wash: Collins was responsible for 11 turnovers and Peppers was responsible for 2 during the same period of time. Which one would you consider the better playmaker?

To the people saying that Peppers for Collins is close to a wash: Collins was responsible for 11 turnovers and Peppers was responsible for 2 during the same period of time. Which one would you consider the better playmaker?

While true, a lot of those Collins turnovers all came in the same season. He didn’t have many last year.

Still a good player, but he was absolutely elite in 2016.

PFF ranked Peppers better by a ton in 2018. Peppers as the #19 safety in football and Collins as #39. Give me the 2nd year player that took a big step forward in the 2nd half of 2018 for about $2m a year. Collins at $11m+ would be horrific based on his last 2 years and lack of coverage skills.