Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Lock-Missouri
Herbert-Oregon
McSorley-Penn State
Finley- NC State
Greer-West Virginia
Fitzgerald- Miss State

Are the first round potential guys.

We cannot waste a pick on any of these guys. Go OL and somehow hope we can land Tua.

We cannot waste a pick on any of these guys. Go OL and somehow hope we can land Tua.
I like McSorley as a pro but I wouldn’t take him top 10.
If you are in the 20s I would take McSorley if your top 10 you go OL or best available.

I like McSorley as a pro but I wouldn’t take him top 10.
If you are in the 20s I would take McSorley if your top 10 you go OL or best available.

I’m not sold on any of the ‘19 guys as top tier. Some may be ok, but I’m wary.

Cannot believe we went RB over QB.

If we stink this year, then I think we need to go OL. I dunno, I was never onboard with the strategy to go all in on Eli. Thought he would have to last bw 3-5 more years to make this strategy work. He may be washed right now. I think the new regime didn’t want a rebuild to protect their jobs.

So I’m going all in on Tua 2020.

Barkley broke the NY Giants single game reception record with 14.

They got a blue jersey version of this one.
1537185209953.jpeg

I actually felt bad for Eli last night. By the 4th quarter he was pulling an Andrew Robinson and only looking at his first read then just dumped it to the checkdown everytime because he knew he had no time.

Lock-Missouri
Herbert-Oregon
McSorley-Penn State
Finley- NC State
Greer-West Virginia
Fitzgerald- Miss State

Are the first round potential guys.
You forgot Dungey.

I've joked around with Kaiser about Manning having a perfect career so far but he literally had no chance last night. It wasn't his fault and I felt bad for him.

I've joked around with Kaiser about Manning having a perfect career so far but he literally had no chance last night. It wasn't his fault and I felt bad for him.

An offense is only as good as its offensive line.

Hopefully, it gets cleaned up. Fast.

Btw, I didn’t think flowers was that bad last night. Certainly no worse than anyone else.

So, we’ve got that going for us. :confused:

Does Eli ever look like he isn't high?

Anyhow, I really have no idea what to think of Eli through the first two games. It’s been a while since he has played behind anything resembling a decent line. Right now he doesn’t have a chance, and neither would anyone else.

Does Eli ever look like he isn't high?

Anyhow, I really have no idea what to think of Eli through the first two games. It’s been a while since he has played behind anything resembling a decent line. Right now he doesn’t have a chance, and neither would anyone else.
It’s terrible scheme.
When your OL can’t block well you don’t run 3 WRs as your primary offense.
You adjust and you have your TEs chip and help the tackles.
You run screens to slow down the pass rush.
Your coach was just stupid stubborn last night.
Engram may not be able to block but your other TEs have to be able to block and Lawrence abused them on a rush. I couldn’t believe the Giants had TEs on the end trying to block a top 10 DE.
Leave 6 guys in to block and run 3 man routes with the RB as a checkdown.
Eli every play was predetermining his first read and if it was covered was checking down.

Sorry, it wasn't just the OL last night. The OL needs help, for sure, but Eli had plenty of chances last night. He missed open guys, was going to check down way early and we know he can't move.

Saying it's only the OL is just a pile-on.

We made a wrong decision with the draft. It started with our GM and coach choice. Now we have to lose big to go fix the OL via draft next year.

I'm guessing we are looking at some difficult years with guys putting up big stats on a bad team. We need to Band-Aid the OL this year, fix it via draft next year and then hopefully stink one more year to get Tua (or Fromm).

We haven’t had a good offensive line since like 2010. Getting real, real old.

Barkley was breaking tackles, making guys miss, etc. and had like 30 yards rushing. Just no holes. Ever. It’s insane. You’d think just one play here and there they’d get the best of the DL. Nope. Never.

Sorry, it wasn't just the OL last night. The OL needs help, for sure, but Eli had plenty of chances last night. He missed open guys, was going to check down way early and we know he can't move.

Saying it's only the OL is just a pile-on.

We made a wrong decision with the draft. It started with our GM and coach choice. Now we have to lose big to go fix the OL via draft next year.

I'm guessing we are looking at some difficult years with guys putting up big stats on a bad team. We need to Band-Aid the OL this year, fix it via draft next year and then hopefully stink one more year to get Tua (or Fromm).

After 2 games we can say this?

The line is much better than last year

How? Constant pressure on Eli in both games, and zero holes for the running game.

It has performed no better than last year.