Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

Resigned Slayton. Signed Parris Campbell from the Colts (60 catches, 600 yards), signed Jeff Smith off the Jets scrap heap.

Seems like we’re scrapping at WR again. But with the major upgrade at TE….might be ok? Need Robinson to be healthy and live up to the draft pick.

LOTS of talent on defense compared to what we’ve had in recent years. Get it done, Wink!

Still concerned about NFC East D-Lines against our OL.

Resigned Slayton. Signed Parris Campbell from the Colts (60 catches, 600 yards), signed Jeff Smith off the Jets scrap heap.

Seems like we’re scrapping at WR again. But with the major upgrade at TE….might be ok? Need Robinson to be healthy and live up to the draft pick.

LOTS of talent on defense compared to what we’ve had in recent years. Get it done, Wink!

Still concerned about NFC East D-Lines against our OL.
Resigned Jihad Ward too. Really like him as a depth guy, was productive this year.

Have to restructure L. Williams. $32M against the cap this year. We’ve already spent most of what we had in free space. Time to start shifting it around a little bit.

Have to imagine it’s going to be tough to bring Love back.

We’ll draft OL & WR amongst other spots.

Interesting watching the FA strategy. Love a couple of the pickups. Feel confident in Schoen’s ability to shop on a budget.

Have to imagine that Williams deal still gets restructured, we can create some big cap space there. If they can do a small extension with Adoree too, there’s money to be had there as well. And I like how they’re trying to get to Andrew Thomas and Dex early. Doubt it happens though, those agents have to be salivating.

Gotta think we’re going to go heavy IOL somewhere in the middle rounds. I’m convinced they’re looking for a bigger WR on the outside in rounds 1 or 2 too. This even though we’ve got 7 guys already you’d expect to make the roster if you’re including Jeff Smith. Also think we pick up a RB in the draft for value at some point.

I think we’re working to upgrade talent. And I think we’ve done it in spots. Really like the Okereke signing, Oruwariye & Campbell.

Surprised by Crowder but he looks like a quick flyer on a vet with some potential if he’s healthy, could help on Punt Return too. I think him and Smith end up fighting for the same spot. Don’t really care about McCain too much but he’s a bridge player anyway.

WR is going to be an absolute WAR. Shep to the PUP might be the plan even. People will be cut who will be picked up by other teams. That hasn’t happened here in a while.

DB’s. IOL and a WR in 1st 3 rounds and maybe an ILB.

Did they announce if we are getting the schedule a week before the draft like usual? Or are the jets holding this whole thing up??

WR is going to be an absolute WAR. Shep to the PUP might be the plan even. People will be cut who will be picked up by other teams. That hasn’t happened here in a while.

DB’s. IOL and a WR in 1st 3 rounds and maybe an ILB.

Did they announce if we are getting the schedule a week before the draft like usual? Or are the jets holding this whole thing up??
Given the injuries we always have at WR, I think the quantity of decent guys strategy might be wise? Can we stash any of them on the practice squad? Will be nice to not be bringing in guys off the scrap heap when guys inevitably get hurt.

Given the injuries we always have at WR, I think the quantity of decent guys strategy might be wise? Can we stash any of them on the practice squad? Will be nice to not be bringing in guys off the scrap heap when guys inevitably get hurt.
Some of those guys might pull a Landon Collins and accept the taxi squad for a bit, keeps them in the building and working on the offense.

Giants are a Contender, not a Pretender:..the Meadowlands is a destination point.