Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

Jones not dumping that ball on 2nd down was sneaky awful.

Nothing worked. The ghosts of bad drafts came back tonight

Jones not dumping that ball on 2nd down was sneaky awful.

Nothing worked. The ghosts of bad drafts came back tonight
Thought we should’ve been pounding it to Barkley early when Jones was tripping all over the place.

Wouldn’t have mattered the way we couldn’t stop them at all though.

It was odd, we had absolutely nothing, not one phase of the game was there. Looked disinterested , really weird, I wouldn’t be surprised to have lost but to be so completely dominated….. was odd.

Hey, I'm an Iggles' fan, so I'm happy.

But Daboll transformed the attitude of the Jints. Yes, they've got a lot of work to do to upgrade the talent level. But they made a lot of progress this year.

It was odd, we had absolutely nothing, not one phase of the game was there. Looked disinterested , really weird, I wouldn’t be surprised to have lost but to be so completely dominated….. was odd.
Eagles controlled both lines of scrimmage and thus controlled the time of possession. Giants did a real poor job on 3rd down defense.

Eagles controlled both lines of scrimmage and thus controlled the time of possession. Giants did a real poor job on 3rd down defense.
Oh no doubt, like I said every phase , every stat , everything, it was absurdly easy , I didn’t think I would feel bad after getting this far after the last 5 years , but geez!!

Alright, I went in my hole and came out the other side this morning.

What a great season. We were expected to do less than nothing. Completely flipped the culture and looked like we found some pieces along the way. If you would’ve told me Divisional playoffs in August, I’d have been like hells yes.

We are the youngest team in the NFL, no joke, at 25.62 years old. We will have the 3rd most cap space of anyone. We have solid draft picks (2 3’s, 2 6’s and 3 7’s.) we have capital to move up if we want it.

All of our division mates are projected to be very close to the salary cap. Their rosters are mostly aging. Football is cyclical, and those rosters are getting closer to getting turned over.

We are in really good position to elevate. And I think that’s exactly what we do.

Alright, I went in my hole and came out the other side this morning.

What a great season. We were expected to do less than nothing. Completely flipped the culture and looked like we found some pieces along the way. If you would’ve told me Divisional playoffs in August, I’d have been like hells yes.

We are the youngest team in the NFL, no joke, at 25.62 years old. We will have the 3rd most cap space of anyone. We have solid draft picks (2 3’s, 2 6’s and 3 7’s.) we have capital to move up if we want it.

All of our division mates are projected to be very close to the salary cap. Their rosters are mostly aging. Football is cyclical, and those rosters are getting closer to getting turned over.

We are in really good position to elevate. And I think that’s exactly what we do.
The cap situation is not as rosy as one might think. Not with both Daniel Jones and Saquon due for new contracts--or perhaps needing to be replaced.

The cap situation is not as rosy as one might think. Not with both Daniel Jones and Saquon due for new contracts--or perhaps needing to be replaced.
Jones has to be re-signed IMO. Saquon’s not going to get a long term at market value. That’s the tough decision. Most likely franchised. That’s a year of kicking the can down the road but it’s still better than everyone else’s cap situation in the division. Sets us up for a better 2024 where we need to think about Dex and Andrew Thomas.

Schoen’s already shown some cap savvy, I’m confident he’ll have us in a good position and not overspend in FA.

Which got me thinking - Bradberry was on a 1-year, are you guys going to be able to bring him back? Any big contracts coming off the books this off-season?

Projected cap for 2024 gets even better for us, but that’s when it gets tough for Philly. Which is to be expected, you’re at the apex now competing for Superbowl’s.

very pleased with this season. Need some interior Oloine help, some linebacker replacements as well as a playmaker on offense as well as another cornerback. Lots to be optimistic about for next season and beyond

Jones has to be re-signed IMO. Saquon’s not going to get a long term at market value. That’s the tough decision. Most likely franchised. That’s a year of kicking the can down the road but it’s still better than everyone else’s cap situation in the division. Sets us up for a better 2024 where we need to think about Dex and Andrew Thomas.

Schoen’s already shown some cap savvy, I’m confident he’ll have us in a good position and not overspend in FA.

Which got me thinking - Bradberry was on a 1-year, are you guys going to be able to bring him back? Any big contracts coming off the books this off-season?

Projected cap for 2024 gets even better for us, but that’s when it gets tough for Philly. Which is to be expected, you’re at the apex now competing for Superbowl’s.
Lots of big cap decisions for the Birds coming up. Bradberry, Sanders, TJ Edwards, Hargrave, Gardner-Johnson. I think they keep one of either Bradberry or Slay, Edwards, and probably Gardner-Johnson, depending on what he can command.

I wouldn't bring back Sanders. He's gonna be expensive, and the Birds are well-positioned to pick a good RB in the draft. Hargave is really good, plus Fletcher Cox could well retire. But they've got depth there.

OL, WR, and TE's are set.

Lots of big cap decisions for the Birds coming up. Bradberry, Sanders, TJ Edwards, Hargrave, Gardner-Johnson. I think they keep one of either Bradberry or Slay, Edwards, and probably Gardner-Johnson, depending on what he can command.

I wouldn't bring back Sanders. He's gonna be expensive, and the Birds are well-positioned to pick a good RB in the draft. Hargave is really good, plus Fletcher Cox could well retire. But they've got depth there.

Isaac Seumalo is an important piece too. He's one of the best guards in the NFL. He won't come cheap though as I'm sure there will be demand for his services.

The Birds are going to have to pass on Fletcher Cox cuz they have other young dudes waiting in the wings.

I would hate to see Kelce retire but at least they drafted his replacement last year in the 2nd round.

Isaac Seumalo is an important piece too. He's one of the best guards in the NFL. He won't come cheap though as I'm sure there will be demand for his services.

The Birds are going to have to pass on Fletcher Cox cuz they have other young dudes waiting in the wings.

I would hate to see Kelce retire but at least they drafted his replacement last year in the 2nd round.
Kelce is the best C in football. Historically good.

I think Philly also has a high draft pick from New Orleans or someone in addition to their own.

Turn it over to Bobs Burgers . More intense hitting on there. ( then the Gmen)
No dog in the fight as I'm a Raiders fan. I did have Giants teased up to +13.5 which was dead in water rather early. Switched to Gold Rush on my DVR.

Does Jones' struggles last night make them think twice about extending him?

Does Jones' struggles last night make them think twice about extending him?
Jones on neither the guy from last night or the guy vs Minnesota. He made strides this year. It’s not automatic but his improvement makes me think he is worth it.