Official 2022 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 Schedule

UAlbany has a few ways of getting Syracuse game tickets at the moment. You can get seasons, large group single game, or a two pack with Syracuse/UPenn. The two games I had bookmarked were Syracuse and Penn, so I hopped on the twofer.

Happens to most teams that announce they are leaving a conference.

If I'm obligated to AE until the academic year ends on June 30, shouldn't AE honor its' obligations to me.

I guess we can forget about SU's game at Stony Brook being streamed on the AE channel now.

Well, that just made Vermont's path to the NCAAs even easier. Albany and UMBC are now the only two that can show any kind of resistance.

Happens to most teams that announce they are leaving a conference.
This has to be one of the stupidest things I have seen. They are treating college sports teams like they are employees of a corporation who are being "traitors" in announcing they are leaving and are shown the door. While the corporate situation makes perfect sense to protect the company's confidential information etc., none of those issues are present here.
While there may be precedent for this and Stony Brook should have known, precedent seems to be an utterly ridiculous reason to deny athletes a chance to compete for their conference championship, particularly when it is likely their only ticket to the playoffs.

Is the Lehigh-Towson game the northernmost outdoor game this weekend? It’s supposed to be … 25 in Bethlehem on Saturday.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I have seen. They are treating college sports teams like they are employees of a corporation who are being "traitors" in announcing they are leaving and are shown the door. While the corporate situation makes perfect sense to protect the company's confidential information etc., none of those issues are present here.
While there may be precedent for this and Stony Brook should have known, precedent seems to be an utterly ridiculous reason to deny athletes a chance to compete for their conference championship, particularly when it is likely their only ticket to the playoffs.
it's asinine.

If I'm obligated to AE until the academic year ends on June 30, shouldn't AE honor its' obligations to me.

I guess we can forget about SU's game at Stony Brook being streamed on the AE channel now.
IIRC, the Colonial is doing the same thing to James Madison because they're eventually joining the Sun Belt Conference when their football moves up to FBS.

IIRC, the Colonial is doing the same thing to James Madison because they're eventually joining the Sun Belt Conference when their football moves up to FBS.

Syracuse was allowed to play one final Big East tournament in 2013 before joining the ACC.

Syracuse was allowed to play one final Big East tournament in 2013 before joining the ACC.
Exactly. If the schools are honoring their commitments until they leave, then the conference should be obligated to follow theirs as well. The only thing the ACC did to MD in 2013-14, the school year just before they left, was to take away the men's lax tournament and move it to Philly. There was no retaliation when they made the announcement. The money stuff was following the rules about the exit fee and MD actually came out ahead.

Syracuse vs Holy Cross
Saturday, February 12, 2021 | 12:30 p.m.

TV: ACC Network

You can also stream online through Watch ESPN or by using the ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

FK9RQ6SX0AUsTVV
Glad our first game is against HC and not Army like last year's bonehead scheduling decision.

Glad our first game is against HC and not Army like last year's bonehead scheduling decision.
Don't forget last years spring semester was pushed back 2 weeks delaying the start to their practice. I don't think Army was the intended first opponent.

Scheduling Army for the following Weds after facing UVA away on the weekend is not ideal either.

heard Hobart been impressive in their scrimmages agaisnt Michigan, JHU and Yale. Cuse plays Hobart 3 days after Army

Scheduling Army for the following Weds after facing UVA away on the weekend is not ideal either.

heard Hobart been impressive in their scrimmages agaisnt Michigan, JHU and Yale. Cuse plays Hobart 3 days after Army
The national champion plays two days after playing in the national semifinal.

The schedule is less then ideal (as I have mentioned about two dozen times before), and the Army game had to apparently be scheduled mid week or dropped for at least a year. I would have preferred to have played Army late in the year if at all as there record in April and May has been abysmal as I believe Quint pointed out. Scheduling Maryland early where we would normally play Army has caused some issues. If Gary really wanted to play Maryland we probably should have dropped Army for a year and played a semi-local team later in the year ie Colgate or Bingo or St. Bonaventure.

Hobart has reportedly done well in their two scrimmages especially offensively. They are a very interesting team, curious to see if their defense will hold up and if they have enough quality depth. Prior to playing SU they play Lehigh, Colgate and Cornell. Colgate reportedly stuck with Albany when it was starter vs starter this past weekend, so that's a tough 3 game stretch coming into our matchup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom