Official 2022 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 Schedule

Wow what a schedule. Love seeing Maryland, Hopkins and @UAlbany. Keeping Army. Love seeing @Stony Brook. We should try and play down on the Island every year for recruiting purposes. Wouldn't mind dumping Hobart at some point and adding UMass and a series with Yale.

Wow what a schedule. Love seeing Maryland, Hopkins and @UAlbany. Keeping Army. Love seeing @Stony Brook. We should try and play down on the Island every year for recruiting purposes. Wouldn't mind dumping Hobart at some point and adding UMass and a series with Yale.
Just curious, why UMass?

Just curious, why UMass?

I always loved the UMass game over the years, gritty dirty physical. Just loved it. But today's players wouldn't get it.

I also see games in New England as good for recruiting. Southern NH/Mass Boston are loaded with talent.

History is too easily cast aside these days , keep Hobart for all the right reasons including helping their existence as a viable d1 program. Cuse has already dumped St Johns, Sienna and now perhaps Colgate . Rather just dump a scrimmage and add a another game agaisnt a good opponent wished for than cease a rivalry however lopsided agaisnt a competitive local opponent that we have history with.

SU is never dropping Hobart, they and Cornell and to a slightly lesser extent Army will be on every Schedule.

SU is never dropping Hobart, they and Cornell and to a slightly lesser extent Army will be on every Schedule.

I know that, I just never cared for the game.

I would definitely keep Stony Brook or Hofstra on the schedule every year though. In areas you want to recruit you need to play games on the kid's home turf. It helps when kids know they can play back home occasionally.

The Kraus-Simmons trophy exists for a reason. Just watch the celebration of Ryan Simmons handing the trophy to his father Roy III. That is not going anywhere, nor should it.

I would love a game in New England and think it makes a lot of sense given that SU is pulling it's fair share of recruits from the area. I think the ending of the UMass series was rather acrimonious, my understanding is Cannela didn't go out of his way to make the Orange feel welcome.

I remember being a fan in the stands and sharing the bathroom with an Orange player right before the game because UMass wouldn't provide the proper amenities. Some of it was silly stuff that I think the Minutemen did to get under the Syracuse player's skin, but also some of it was just cheap and not something a DI team should have to deal with.

Lots of other options though - Harvard, BU, a trip to Worcester to repay Holy Cross for this year. The games against Brown in the early 2000s were a lot of fun too.

I know that, I just never cared for the game.

I would definitely keep Stony Brook or Hofstra on the schedule every year though. In areas you want to recruit you need to play games on the kid's home turf. It helps when kids know they can play back home occasionally.

I agree on SB or Hofstra or something similar. Personally I think SU should drop the Army series for a few years. It's a game SU rarely gets credit for when they Win (at the end of the year) and causes all sorts of issues when they lose. I think its overrated.

Personally I think SU should drop the Army series for a few years. It's a game SU rarely gets credit for when they Win (at the end of the year) and causes all sorts of issues when they lose. I think its overrated.

See now I love the Army game but you make a good point. I wish they'd play a game @Army because it's such a cool environment but I could see dropping that game for a few seasons.

JC is one of the most well thought out posters so I always consider what he says but I still get goose bumps when that team runs out with our flag and Im always proud of how our crowd always showers that institution with applause and proper respect . Alberici is class and his players always go hard which is a lesson in itself so see more intangible benefits playing them win or lose and find myself always rooting for them when not playing us.

JC is one of the most well thought out posters so I always consider what he says but I still get goose bumps when that team runs out with our flag and Im always proud of how our crowd always showers that institution with applause and proper respect . Alberici is class and his players always go hard which is a lesson in itself so see more intangible benefits playing them win or lose and find myself always rooting for them when not playing us.

I dont disagree, part of it is a compliment in that there a pain in the ass to play but whenever they seem to beat SU they seem to have a few baffling losses during the year that make our loss look worse then it should be. I also think they have gotten way to comfortable playing SU, a few year lay off wouldn't be the worst thing, we can play Navy or AF instead.

If you haven't I recommend going to Geneva for Syracuse vs. Hobart. It is an awesome experience and I would hate to see Syracuse drop it from the schedule.

Niiice always good to see it in full. Only complaint is that we double up the same teams we doubled up last year. There was really no way to change that around? Also there is the whole thing with UVA looking really good next year/being out for revenge and all that. Would be nice if we could double up Duke or Unc instead.
They're doing this to even things out so no one gets an extra home game, per an interview with Kevin Corrigan of ND. Last year SU got the extra home game vs. UVa because under the regular home and away rotation a single game would have been in C'ville.. This year, UVa gets the extra home game, as a single game would have been in the Dome. In 2023 and 2024, SU's home-and-homes will be with Duke and UNC and UVa's will be with Duke and ND.

This is Cuse. Play to compete, play to win. Use of depth is only as good as talent of depth.

Playing the number one and two teams in the country in the second and third games of season is not time for giving minutes to those not yet shown capable of playing agaisnt meaningful opponents.
Look at how that mind set, from a coaching perspective, has turned out recently for the success of the men's program. I tend to agree with you, hard work and execution should be rewarded with more playing time. That playing time shouldn't come with such a short leash.

How did you guys escape the ACC Thursday night game? We're away to both UNC and Duke and host Lafayette.

Last edited:
This is a very difficult schedule, which I like, and I agree with what was said earlier, to be the best you need to play the best. Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of playing teams twice in a season, especially when you only have a 14 games to work with. I'm thinking you'll eventually play the better teams again in the tourny anyway. To get more fan and recruiting exposure it may make sense to play the better teams in other conferences, like Denver, Princeton, Yale or Lehigh ... but of course that assumes that these teams have room in their schedules or desire to play us.

Because we can sell 10,000 tickets on a weekend? :)
savage burn.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom