Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I don't usually go over there...but I did quick. Look at this gem!!!!!

("I agree with everything you said. What really hurts was hearing Shulman say “Cuse is the 7th best team in the ACC so you know there’s a spot for them in the tournament.” Okay. If they’re the 7th best ACC team that probably makes them the 5th best AAC team which means no tournament. DUMB")

We’re pretty average. It’s going to be difficult to win acc games consistently without consistent scorers. Love the hustle and heart of this team though.

Reading the first few pages of this thread I got the impression that KO was some defensive guru. Is that no longer the case?
Just a friendly reminder Billy...on this board Kevin Ollie does not deserve an abbreviation and if he did it would NOT be KO. There is only 1!

kristof-ongenaet-of-the-syracuse-orange-reacts-against-the-huskies-picture-id85516518

We’re pretty average. It’s going to be difficult to win acc games consistently without consistent scorers. Love the hustle and heart of this team though.
We are plucky and gritty as UConn fans say. This team is enjoyable to watch (good kids who play as a team) but make no mistake this is a flawed team. They'll win more games than lose but anyone expecting more than an 11 NCAA seed is not seeing the fatal flaws.

This game was about average across the board. Adams, Vital, Larrier, their bigs, Brissett, Battle and our bigs all did what they usually normally do.

The 2 outliers were Frank and Moyer. If Frank anywhere CLOSE to what he usually does this is a 20+ pt game almost the whole way.

I never got the sense UConn would ever even make a run, and being at MSG you could tell their fans felt that way too. The only reason they came back against Columbia and Colgate is because Adams was able to put them on his back. Adams statline was pretty good last night, but he wasn't going to be able do that against us. If Vital isn't making 3s they just don't have any offense outside of Adams. Larrier stinks

“If we had a rim protector/rebounder or two we win that game by 10.”

Yes, and if the Nazi’s had the atomic bomb and Patton they would have won world war 2.

While lost in Neverland with Peter Pan, uconn fan’s failed to recognize they were outclassed. enjoy the AAC and coach search.

Yes, and if the Nazi’s had the atomic bomb and Patton they would have won world war 2.

While lost in Neverland with Peter Pan, uconn fan’s failed to recognize they were outclassed. enjoy the AAC and coach search.

Sounds like a big bowl of sour grapes to me.

UConn to the AAC and Stallings to Pitt are the gifts that keep on giving.

If we had Thompson, or if Thorpe didn't leave the team, or if Howard Washington was actually a Teen Wolf etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are plucky and gritty as UConn fans say. This team is enjoyable to watch (good kids who play as a team) but make no mistake this is a flawed team. They'll win more games than lose but anyone expecting more than an 11 NCAA seed is not seeing the fatal flaws.
Agreed, but at the beginning of this season we didn't even expect SU to be in the NCAA tourney let alone be an 11th seed.

Bumpage

I wasn't on the BY back then so I don't know what the discussions were like. But obviously this was bullcrap.

Kemba lost out to Ben freaking Hansbrough and Jimmer freaking Fredette.

Excuse me as I reach deep into my pocket and pull out the RACE CARD.

Those awards going to white kids that were good (in Jimmer's case very good) college players are examples of racial bias. This is more understandable by the media voters and less understandable by the Big East Coaches.

Was the logic, well this white kid historically doesn't stand as great of a chance in the NBA so lets shower him with awards now?

Is the white boy dropping 30 a game a better story than what Kemba did in the big east tournament?

If Kemba and Jimmer were neck and neck, why wasn't Kemba's defense taken into account? Even in college Jimmer was a bad defensive player (which is half of the game).

It isn't like Kemba was considered a sure thing in the NBA. He was small and his court vision, finishing ability, and jumper were all question marks. Jimmer was even drafted in the lottery.

And at least Jimmer had good stats. Ben HandsomeBro averaged 18 a game. Cool. Now go sit your ass on the second team all big east...oh wait, he had more first team votes than Kemba somehow!

Not Sorry for the rant. Peace and love. Black Guards Matter

A look back: Kemba robbed of Big East POY and NCAA POY

If we had Thompson, or if Thorpe didn't leave the team, or if Howard Washington was actually a Teen Wolf etc etc.
And if we didn't get screwed by the NCAA and miss out on Thomas Bryant, and if we didn't lose about 6 guys to the league after a year or two, and if one of our centers had healthy knees and the other had vision in both eyes, and if our second-leading scorer didn't have a mommy problem, and if our top PG recruit didn't get bought off by Pay Pal and our top wing recruit didn't get hoodwinked (then benched) by K, and if our starting PG had been able to hit the broad side of a barn with ANYTHING he put up ... we win by 85 pfffffft.

Last edited:
Agreed, but at the beginning of this season we didn't even expect SU to be in the NCAA tourney let alone be an 11th seed.
Really...an 11 seed!!! That’d be awesome!!! I’d take that all day long, cus that means we’re in!

And if we didn't get screwed by the NCAA and miss out on Thomas Bryant, and if we didn't lose about 6 guys to the league after a year or two, and if one of our centers had healthy knees and the other had vision in both eyes, and if our second-leading scorer didn't have a mommy problem, and if our top PG recruit didn't get bought off by Pay Pal and our top wing shooter recruit didn't get hoodwinked (then benched) by K, and if our starting PG had been able to hit the broad side of a barn with ANYTHING he put up ... we win by 85 pfffffft.
You missed Donyell Marshall bailing on us...