Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

oof

Genuinely feel bad for the kid. You have to have a lot of persistence to keep coming back from basically the same injury three times. If it happens again, I would think you'd have to seriously consider if playing sports at a high level is really what life has in store for you.

Weird schedule - since UConn played us on Dec 5, they have only played 3 games. 3 games over 25 Days, while we’ve played 5 games since the game against them.

they need a win pretty bad so if it lets some extra students go to the game so be it

Please don't shoot the messenger!!!!

There's a rumor on our board that UConn may fire Ollie at the end of the season and Ron Sanchez, who coaches our bigs, may be high on their list. What makes him even more enticing for them is that Sanchez' contract ends this season, so there wouldn't be a buyout required.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!!!

There's a rumor on our board that UConn may fire Ollie at the end of the season and Ron Sanchez, who coaches our bigs, may be high on their list. What makes him even more enticing for them is that Sanchez' contract ends this season, so there wouldn't be a buyout required.
I find that very hard to believe on a couple of counts. First, Ollie is owed a lot of money in a cash strapped state. Second, UConn doesn't look at themselves. as a school that hires an ass't from another program with no head coaching experience. Think about it. How do they sell their fan base on this guy? Has he ever been to a final four? Let alone won an NC? I think they may be able to scrap the money up to fire Ollie, but to bring an ass't from another school that hasn't had tournament success? I don't see it.

I find that very hard to believe on a couple of counts. First, Ollie is owed a lot of money in a cash strapped state. Second, UConn doesn't look at themselves. as a school that hires an ass't from another program with no head coaching experience. Think about it. How do they sell their fan base on this guy? Has he ever been to a final four? Let alone won an NC? I think they may be able to scrap the money up to fire Ollie, but to bring an ass't from another school that hasn't had tournament success? I don't see it.
Part of it is the fear of our fans that someone will snatch Sanchez away from us. I guess the UConn speculation arises from their problems this season making them look like someone who will be shopping for a coach. IDK.

Part of it is the fear of our fans that someone will snatch Sanchez away from us. I guess the UConn speculation arises from their problems this season making them look like someone who will be shopping for a coach. IDK.
Well, I have no idea what they will do. But the recent ESPN story is damning to Ollie and his effort or lack thereof, in doing his job.

OTOH, if you believe what is posted on the Boneyard, it's possible they could hold their uppity noses and accept a P5 assistant if it meant getting rid of Ollie.

If you read the BY, you might think Jay Wright or Brad Stevens will be their next HC.
Yup. I should have said, "...their uppity and totally unrealistic noses..."

James Akinjo is a combination of John Wall, Kemba Walker and Trae Young. Never has the #106 been so underrated or so crucial to the future of a program. Let's completely forget that the kid is smaller than Alterique Gilbert and can't shoot. Other than that - he's a god!

The father represents the UConn fans who still think the players can accomplish amazing things, but like the kid the players don't have the skill to do so. At the end of the day UConn fans need a good smacking like this.

Last edited: