Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Uconn fans are going to be so amped for the msg game i almost dont want to go. If they win, its going to be like hitting the lotto for them. Its all they really live for being in that crappy conference. Literally, game of the year. For us, its barely circled on the calendar at this point.

uconn is in a terrible spot. the conference affiliation is untenable, but the only thing they have to offer a major conference is their basketball pedigree, and that is fading fast. i think ollie is in over his head, and there is no bottom in sight. they signed ollie to a new deal last november that is rumored to have a $10M buyout, so they can't even fire him.

Uconn fans are going to be so amped for the msg game i almost dont want to go. If they win, its going to be like hitting the lotto for them. Its all they really live for being in that crappy conference. Literally, game of the year. For us, its barely circled on the calendar at this point.

This is how I felt last year at the game. We were their Super Bowl. They were our preseason game. I assume it'll be the same this year.

uconn is in a terrible spot. the conference affiliation is untenable, but the only thing they have to offer a major conference is their basketball pedigree, and that is fading fast. i think ollie is in over his head, and there is no bottom in sight. they signed ollie to a new deal last november that is rumored to have a $10M buyout, so they can't even fire him.

100% spot on, across the board.

This is how I felt last year at the game. We were their Super Bowl. They were our preseason game. I assume it'll be the same this year.

Last years game was just awful display of bball. I remember thinking how dissappointed i was during the game while we were still winning. I wouldnt have been happy even had we won, yet uconn fans were floating. Very pathetic display.

If they ever want to be great again, they'll have to drop football and go back to the Big East.
I have no idea why they haven't done this yet. Possibly they think that being the dregs in FBS gets them more revenue then being in FCS. :noidea:

I have no idea why they haven't done this yet. Possibly they think that being the dregs in FBS gets them more revenue then being in FCS. :noidea:
politics. the state financed uconn's move to fbs by building the stadium (which i believe it has operated at a loss for most of its existence). it becomes even more of a white elephant if they drop back down so soon after it opened.

Reading the first few pages of this thread I got the impression that KO was some defensive guru. Is that no longer the case?
As the last of Jim Calhoun's players have graduated - the defense has gotten worse.

Ollie hasn't shown he can do much of anything really, besides dishing out cliché and canned statements about "thanking god" and "never quitting" after beating a 1-4 Ivy League team in OT

a real treat for the dozens of faithful in attendance

3808 in attendance last night. I know our crowds haven’t been great, but 12-20,000 is still pretty amazing after a bad season.

politics. the state financed uconn's move to fbs by building the stadium (which i believe it has operated at a loss for most of its existence). it becomes even more of a white elephant if they drop back down so soon after it opened.
I'm positive it will finally be in the black after hosting the NCAA MLax championships in 2021 and 2022. :rolleyes:

Oh it’s certainly circled on MY calendar! I’m another Connecticut resident who has to deal with that obnoxious fan base that thinks Jim Calhoun invented the sport. I want to beat those guys by 40 points. Hate them, hate them, hate them!

Oh it’s certainly circled on MY calendar! I’m another Connecticut resident who has to deal with that obnoxious fan base that thinks Jim Calhoun invented the sport. I want to beat those guys by 40 points. Hate them, hate them, hate them!

I said barely ;)

UConn fans still gloating over their past 4 nc's. They should realize that this only shows how far they have fallen in 3 years. Absolutely nothing on the horizon for them now. That team I saw last night was definitely not P5, It was barely D1. Poorly coached, hot dog players. Maybe they should bring back Tyler Oliphant, or whatever his name is. Even he is more talented than what they have now.

They don’t go to the games out there anymore. No home court advantage. Bunch of Johnny come lately band wagoners who don’t support the program through the tough times.

are these the ones who didn't know college hoops existed before 1990?