Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I was at MSG a while back for the BET. The arena was filled with SU and Yukon fans. SU had beaten St. John's the night before. At the end of the finals, Kemba wound up draining a buzzer shot against us (gottta give him credit), but he was impossible to check all game. If you faced him he went by and if you played off him he'd hit the 3. There were some UConn hoodlums in the row behind us. They were profane, ill-mannered, immature brats that ruined the contest for everyone else in the section. Afterwards, we walked by and offered our hands to be good sports. I said, "good win. Kemba's tough." They refused to shake hands and turned away. And that, my friends, sums up Yukon fans. I give their program its due because the players earned it. But the fans are insufferable and the program's no longer relevant enough to sweat.
Those bastards

We lost Marshall and Jalen Rose because of probation.
Not Rose. While it looked like he was heading our way, his high school coach got a job wit U Mich. That ended that.

My favorite:

"The thing with most UConn guards getting in the NBA is they generally stick. Cuse gets them in the NBA but they only last a couple of years,a few exceptions though. Would Carey be one of the few exceptions, who knows? "

"UConn guards generally stick in the NBA"
- They currently have 3 guards in the NBA. They've had 5 guards drafted since 2009 and only 3 are left. Kemba, Napier and Lamb.

"Syracuse guards only last a couple of years"
- We currently have 4 guards in the NBA, and that's because Gbijnie and Mali are listed as SF's, so really it's 6 guards in the NBA. Since 2009, we had 8 guards drafted.

They don't even use facts any more.

My favorite:

"The thing with most UConn guards getting in the NBA is they generally stick. Cuse gets them in the NBA but they only last a couple of years,a few exceptions though. Would Carey be one of the few exceptions, who knows? "

"UConn guards generally stick in the NBA"
- They currently have 3 guards in the NBA. They've had 5 guards drafted since 2009 and only 3 are left. Kemba, Napier and Lamb.

"Syracuse guards only last a couple of years"
- We currently have 4 guards in the NBA, and that's because Gbijnie and Mali are listed as SF's, so really it's 6 guards in the NBA. Since 2009, we had 8 guards drafted.

They don't even use facts any more.

Calhoun guys don't count. He's not the coach anymore.

It's Napier, Napier, and Napier. And he was under Calhoun his first two years.

Not Rose. While it looked like he was heading our way, his high school coach got a job wit U Mich. That ended that.

You might be right. I was going off an old PS story from 1999.

Calhoun guys don't count. He's not the coach anymore.

It's Napier, Napier, and Napier. And he was under Calhoun his first two years.
Hey, even if you want to include guys that Ollie was on the staff for we still have the numbers.

It is like teaching man2man defense..."follow that guy around". Coaching is so easy.

Stupid sports fans are the worst. You can tell that dweeb never played a second of real hoops in his life, and clearly has no idea what he's watching.

Sad statement that you had to go into the Aero Club with 50/60 year olds to get away from the flying (bad) beer. But that's Yukon.
Best flying beer UConn MSG story EVER!

Scene: 2nd half of The Allen Iverson-Ray Allen MSG BET finals. (BTW, this is pre 9-11, so my buddies and I had smuggled in about a case and a half of beer, and we are already having a great time.)

We are front row, 300 section (behind the walls along the inner walk way). 4 GTown fans; 2 guys 2 girls, are last row, 200 section: in front of us, but with the aforementioned walkway between us. We are right next to the walkway to the main concourse on the floor.

Behind us, about 2/3 the way up our section, there are a group of UCONN fans. Great game, and the bad blood between these 2 groups is flowing back and forth, for about 15 minutes. Vulgarities, unflattering epithets and your momma jokes abound, loud enough to hear over a rocking MSG. ( We may have been egging some of this on. That part is a bit fuzzy.)

Finally, some UCONN guy behind us launches a full draft beer. It sails majestically over our heads, with out spilling (well done) and hits one of the GTown girls right on the ole bean, drenching her. (Wait, it gets better.)

After the initial shock, she and her girlfriend storm off to clean up. A few minutes later, they are back, standing in the hallway, so as to not be soaked again, and start arguing with the boyfriends, because they won't leave the game so this poor girl can go change. (Priorities properly in line for the men.)

Lots to like about both fan bases that day.

Last edited:
Lol just read their take on the zags interview with Carey. Despite Carey mentioning how SU has made him their priority as special (twice), the fact Carey called Ollie KO and said what any coach would after recruiting a guard despite a recent commitment and a roster full of guards to be that UConn looks to be in the driver's seat... hilarious the delusion over there.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the sandbox to be cleaned out.

:oops:

If Cuse suddenly dropped down several pegs and had it's best case scenario ceiling lowered to Temple and Xavier status, I probably wouldn't handle it well either. Ah, well. Sucks for them.

That Carey stuff is hilarious.

Hall of fame coach, shaping up to be a very talented team that just needs a PG to round it out, first round picks in 9 of 10 years, best conference in the country, 21,000 fans per game

Vs.

AAC team whose coach has put 1 player in the league in his entire coaching career, 8,500 fans per game, playing off the ball.

Cmon. It's not even a contest.

Best flying beer UConn MSG story EVER!

Scene: 2nd half of The Allen Iverson-Ray Allen MSG BET finals. (BTW, this is pre 9-11, so my buddies and I had smuggled in about a case and a half of beer, and we are already having a great time.)

We are front row, 300 section (behind the walls along the inner walk way). 4 GTown fans; 2 guys 2 girls, are last row, 200 section: in front of us, but with the aforementioned walkway between us. We are right next to the walkway to the main concourse on the floor.

Behind us, about 2/3 the way up our section, there are a group of UCONN fans. Great game, and the bad blood between these 2 groups is flowing back and forth, for about 15 minutes. Vulgarities, unflattering epithets and your momma jokes abound, loud enough to hear over a rocking MSG. ( We may have been egging some of this on. That part is a bit fuzzy.)

Finally, some UCONN guy behind us launches a full draft beer. It sails majestically over our heads, with out spilling (well done) and hits one of the GTown girls right on the ole bean, drenching her. (Wait, it gets better.)

After the initial shock, she and her girlfriend storm off to clean up. A few minutes later, they are back, standing in the hallway, so as to not be soaked again, and start arguing with the boyfriends, because they won't leave the game so this poor girl can go change. (Priorities properly in line for the men.)

Lots to like about both fan bases that day.
That would normally be an automatic fight, but I'm sure the GT guys didn't want to get their makeup smudged.

UVa 38 - UConn 18. I'm sure they'd be discussing that if the Boneyard had a functioning fb board.

Oh, they do! My bad! :oops:
You can do the crap talking and I will support that. We lost to Middle Tennessee last week so I'm going to not start that conversation

Boneyard: We want a guard who's not scared of competition! If he's rated that high he shouldn't be scared of other guards!

Reality: No matter how good Carey is, Ollie will not take the ball completely out of Vital, Gilbert (and probably Akinjo) hands. Carey could be the best guard there but Gilbert, Vital and AKinjo will still handle the ball. Also UConn is severly lacking in wings once Larrier leaves. We are loaded at the wing and don't have any real ball handlers (assuming Tyus leaves, Washington is better off the bench, and Howard is still iffy) - meanwhile UConn is deeper at guard.

Scared of competition is not the right mentality here. Gilbert needs the ball and Vital will also do some ball handling.

I get the attraction of playing vs UNC/Duke on national TV...it must be awesome as a player and a parent. But it has absolutely no impact on the NBA. In today's NBA, they will find you and dissect you to the nth degree regardless of where you are playing. I would argue that it's far easier for Danny Ainge to pop in on a Tuesday night in Storrs than in Syracuse.

Unless you are a lottery pick, the real money to be made in the NBA is your second contract -- that's where you set yourself up for life. If I was KO & Company, I'd be telling Dad that while playing in Raleigh a couple times might be really cool, what is actually amazing is the thought that your grandkids may never have to work a day in their lives. And if you focus on this as the real goal here, then you should be prioritizing coaching, and especially learning how to be a plus defender -- because that's how your son will reach his 2nd and 3rd NBA contracts.

Again, where is this coming from? Ollie's sent one guy TOTAL TO THE NBA and uconn's played inconsistent defense since he's gotten there.

I get the attraction of playing vs UNC/Duke on national TV...it must be awesome as a player and a parent. But it has absolutely no impact on the NBA. In today's NBA, they will find you and dissect you to the nth degree regardless of where you are playing. I would argue that it's far easier for Danny Ainge to pop in on a Tuesday night in Storrs than in Syracuse.

Unless you are a lottery pick, the real money to be made in the NBA is your second contract -- that's where you set yourself up for life. If I was KO & Company, I'd be telling Dad that while playing in Raleigh a couple times might be really cool, what is actually amazing is the thought that your grandkids may never have to work a day in their lives. And if you focus on this as the real goal here, then you should be prioritizing coaching, and especially learning how to be a plus defender -- because that's how your son will reach his 2nd and 3rd NBA contracts.

Again, where is this coming from? Ollie's sent one guy TOTAL TO THE NBA and uconn's played inconsistent defense since he's gotten there.

LOL, the guy unknowingly wrote a pro-Syracuse post.

We're absolutely killing them when it comes to the NBA. These guys are stuck in last decade still. Sad.

Good memory. Kind of adds perspective to the whole "footnote" pseudo-scandal. You'd think the geniuses at the NCAA could figure out that giving something of value to a recruit's coach or parent is just as dirty as giving something to the recruit.

Good memory. Kind of adds perspective to the whole "footnote" pseudo-scandal. You'd think the geniuses at the NCAA could figure out that giving something of value to a recruit's coach or parent is just as dirty as giving something to the recruit.

Though in that guy's case, he seemed to be a deserving hire on his own merits too. He was a legendary HS Coach in Detroit, and also moved on to be a HC at another school while Jalen was still at Michigan.

1. intlzncsteri fart in your general direction

Syracuse has 5 first team all Americans and 6 final fours (1 championship). 5 big east tournament titles and 10 regular season titles

UCONN has 6 first team all Americans and 5 final fours (4 championships). 7 big east tournament titles(8 if you count the AAC) and 10 regular season titles

MSGSeven is this correct?

If so, all they have now is the rabble rabble rabble aac rabble rabble?
    I'd love to see a list of UCONN's Top 10 players vs Syracuse's.

I'm guessing UCONN's team would crush there's. Off the top of my head, Derrick Coleman and Carmelo Anthony are the heavy hitters for them. I think there was also a great guard way back, but the name escapes me.

Everybody knows our guys, but probably couldn't decide on a list. Too many to mention.

Today at 11:26 AM

MSGSeven likes this.

Real knowledgeable fanbase over there. lol.

At first I was shocked that a former rival's fans don't even know about Pearl, Sherman Douglas, or Billy Owens...then I remembered that bball wasn't invented until 1990 for them, so those people weren't even paying attention back then.