Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Yeah, unfortunately St. John’s doesn’t play football so they couldn’t be considered. But Syracuse and Duke have a lot of fans and Alumni in NYC.

Scrubby schools like UConn and Rutgers that are just “kinda close to NYC” certainly aren’t the answer.
Can we please keep the State University of New Jersey at Durham out of this?

It’s all about the ENTHUSIASM of Danny Hurley. Gets the boys pumped up! Soon enough they’ll be playing so much better than everyone else because they’re so PUMPED!

Hes changing the culture! I mean, other than a win over our underachieving squad his squad didnt really show any on-court improvent. But he yells a lot! Excitement! PASSION.

Hes changing the culture! I mean, other than a win over our underachieving squad his squad didnt really show any on-court improvent. But he yells a lot! Excitement! PASSION.

But I thought they’d been so GOOD, why does the culture need changing? 2 natty’s in the last 10! Sounds like good culture to me!

I’m confused.

I'm sorry but you missed the real punch line. They guy that said Ct should buy the naming rights. They can't afford to pay their last hoop coach and they are going to buy naming rights. These guys are so unaware

The one guy suggested Wegmans. Not the worst idea in the world especially if they build a burger bar.

Yes, it is sad how clueless so many of them are.

One guy continually posts about the Dome, how old and crappy it is and how the attendance declining and will soon be empty.

While Syracuse moves close to breaking their all time mark for season tickets for football and led the country in attendance (again) last year in basketball. And while the Dome is undergoing a renovation infusing over $250 million dollars into it.

Arrogance and naivete. Not a good combination.

The mouth-breathers on the boneyard fans don't seem to understand that wishful thinking doesn't = reality, no matter how much they'd pretend otherwise.

Most of the stuff they post about represents their fantasyland hopes that negative things will befall us, all the while failing to see it's THEIR world that's crumbling.

The old adage, "fill one hand with wishes and the other with , and guess which one fills up first?" seems applicable to uconn... and its HILARIOUS!!!

#midmajoristhenewuconn

Apparently they are already assuming that their players are going to transfer before they have even verballed.

I mean, I love KenPom. But his methodology on this is based in larger part on his efficiency metric and regular season success, not as much weight on post season accomplishments. Programs like Maryland, Gonzaga, Texas, Ohio State, Arizona and even Nova should not be ahead of us when going back to 1997. That’s a joke. Cuse is clearly top 10 in this time period, UConn just outside top 10 but fading fast.

The first once that jumped out to me was Maryland, but when you look at the data its much closer than I thought. The one team that seems out of place is Texas. No problem with Arizona begin ahead of us since 1997 -- the data is fairly clear to support them. Villanova as well.

Since 1997,

Top 4 Seeds = Syracuse 9, Maryland 9, Villanova 9, Gonzaga 9, Texas 6, Arizona 13, Ohio St 7
Top 3 Seeds = Syracuse 6, Maryland 6, Villanova 8, Gonzaga 7, Texas 4, Arizona 9, Ohio St 7
Final 4 - Syracuse 3, Maryland 2, Villanova 3, Gonzaga 1, Texas 1, Arizona 2, Ohio St 3
Champions - 1 to 1 to 2 to 0 to 0 to 1 to 0 to 0
# of Tournaments - Syracuse 18, Maryland 15, Villanova 16, Gonzaga 22, Texas 19, Arizona 20, Ohio St 15

For those that think that final fours and championships are more predictive and better indicator of program success one only look at UConn.

They have had ONE maybe two top 25 teams entering the tournament in the past 10 years (and it was on the border of the top 10). Many programs do better then that. So it got lucky and won 2 national titles. Those 2 national titles hid the fact that the program was going nowhere. Don't dismiss regular season results and over elevate post season results when evaluating a program's current stature.

You don't get it. I have it on good authority (the boneyard) that they are trending up and we are trending down. 3 straight losing seasons not withstanding.

in all fairness, do they really have anywhere else to go, but up?

football team is close to doing just that

Based on what I'm seeing the Wildcats do to Colgate this afternoon I think Villanova would whip the Puppies in both men's hoops and football.