Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I wonder if Uconn fans watch the launch of the ACC network tonight and cry? Wondering what could of been if they wernt just a womens basketball school? Must hurt to know we play big boy college football..Something they dream about.
all of the above

Not much interested in talking trash about UConn but I am really surprised at the total lack of inside knowledge on the Boneyard. There appears to be absolutely no one that knows anything about what is going on with that program who posts on that board.

The stuff that is posted is consistently and completely wrong. Even when someone does post a nugget of accurate info, like the guy that posted that he heard UConn was going to join the Big East version II, he gets shouted down and ridiculed.

The funniest thing is, no one seems to be noticing when their experts, almost unfailingly crazily optimistic, are proven wrong.

I think their good posters just gave up on posting inside info there, or switched to supporting and posting about the women's program only.

Tom I had debates with UConn fans telling them that having a better FB team (back in the GRob Era) didn't automatically elevate Yukon above SU in the conference sweepstakes. They had no understanding to historical brand and relationships. Cuse has been playing the big boys back to turn of the century (as in 1900 not 2000). UCF fans are very similar.

Tom I had debates with UConn fans telling them that having a better FB team (back in the GRob Era) didn't automatically elevate Yukon above SU in the conference sweepstakes. They had no understanding to historical brand and relationships. Cuse has been playing the big boys back to turn of the century (as in 1900 not 2000). UCF fans are very similar.
Yes, it is sad how clueless so many of them are.

One guy continually posts about the Dome, how old and crappy it is and how the attendance declining and will soon be empty.

While Syracuse moves close to breaking their all time mark for season tickets for football and led the country in attendance (again) last year in basketball. And while the Dome is undergoing a renovation infusing over $250 million dollars into it.

Arrogance and naivete. Not a good combination.

Last edited:

One guy continually posts about the Dome, how old and crappy it is and how the attendance declining and will soon be empty.

While Syracuse moves close to breaking their all time mark for season tickets for football and led the country in attendance (again) last year in basketball. And while the Dome is undergoing a renovation infusing over $250 million dollars into it.

No coach ever took the UConn job because they play at that dump they pay $250,000 a game to rent. Dino took the SU job because his teams are tailor made to beat anyone in the country at the Dome and he’s proven that to be true with inferior talent already. Imagine what he can do with his guys.

Last edited:

Lol. I’m pretty sure UConn hoops doesn’t even average 10,000 per game anymore. I posted that link not real long ago.

They are really talking about attendance? Weird, damaged bunch. Who hurt them so badly?

I wonder if Uconn fans watch the launch of the ACC network tonight and cry? Wondering what could of been if they wernt just a womens basketball school? Must hurt to know we play big boy college football..Something they dream about.
They belive that the ACCN will fail without them due to “not getting the NYC market”

They belive that the ACCN will fail without them due to “not getting the NYC market”

Yeah, unfortunately St. John’s doesn’t play football so they couldn’t be considered. But Syracuse and Duke have a lot of fans and Alumni in NYC.

Scrubby schools like UConn and Rutgers that are just “kinda close to NYC” certainly aren’t the answer.

It’s ironic. Uconn fans are trying to talk up past glories and ancient history. Which is precisely what they gave Cuse fans sht for on the football side back during the “peak” of the GERRG era.

Just a hilarious lack of self awareness.

Personally, it's more fun these days to make fun of Rutgers than UCONN.

What a sad collection of mopes. The realignment board was comedy gold. Many of those morons didn't want a ACC invite. They were holding out for the B1G. Yeah, the ACC needs them for New York. Said no conference about them. They were forced to give up on football and go hat in hand back to the Big East and beg to be let in. And they are so dumb that they don't even realize it isn't the same Big East that they left.

Watching the Launch of the ACC network and its sweet! All the BEST Big East schools joined up and we got a Great new ACC! Jokes on Uconn! Keep living in the past, while we are opening up against the National Champs in both Football and Basketball, in the DOME this year! How sweet it is!

Last edited:
To think my man did the research and still doesn’t have the sick, sick burn he thought he did. You hate to see it.
Well, we’ve basically gone through one of our worst 5 year stretches in 50 years, and we have two Final Fours to show for it, and that happened during a period when we got hammered by the NCAA. Plus we haven’t completely cratered as a program like UConn (who has 3 straight losing seasons).

Well, we’ve basically gone through one of our worst 5 year stretches in 50 years, and we have two Final Fours to show for it, and that happened during a period when we got hammered by the NCAA. Plus we haven’t completely cratered as a program like UConn (who has 3 straight losing seasons).
You don't get it. I have it on good authority (the boneyard) that they are trending up and we are trending down. 3 straight losing seasons not withstanding.

this is amazing. from the today's news items thread. these are the top college basketball progams from 1997 to today; the time period that includes all of uconn's vaunted 4>1

View attachment 168778

despite their 4 titles, as a program, syracuse is still analytically superior to the boners. in fact the lead in points is even bigger than in rankings. with a 2.5 point lead, uconn is actually closer to #30 than it is to our lofty #15.

i'm sure there will be plenty of carping over there about pomeroy's methodology, but as far as i am concerned: scoreboard.
I mean, I love KenPom. But his methodology on this is based in larger part on his efficiency metric and regular season success, not as much weight on post season accomplishments. Programs like Maryland, Gonzaga, Texas, Ohio State, Arizona and even Nova should not be ahead of us when going back to 1997. That’s a joke. Cuse is clearly top 10 in this time period, UConn just outside top 10 but fading fast.

Last edited:
You don't get it. I have it on good authority (the boneyard) that they are trending up and we are trending down. 3 straight losing seasons not withstanding.

It’s all about the ENTHUSIASM of Danny Hurley. Gets the boys pumped up! Soon enough they’ll be playing so much better than everyone else because they’re so PUMPED!

But who cares about threee straight losing seasons when you've had one more top 25 recruting class within an arbitrary cutoff? YOUVE BEEN OWNED.