Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

More on that incident

The Dad got charged and they're trying to turn it into a hate crime?
He told them "No Peanut butter" and then his kid had to go the hospital 30 minutes later with an allergic reaction.

I totally would have been that dad - you nearly killed my kid, you stupid f-ing kids. Why are you so smug? Why do you ignore simple instructions? Does that make you bad ass? You shouldn't have a g-damn job if you can't get that right.

The Dad got charged and they're trying to turn it into a hate crime?
He told them "No Peanut butter" and then his kid had to go the hospital 30 minutes later with an allergic reaction.

I totally would have been that dad - you nearly killed my kid, you stupid f-ing kids. Why are you so smug? Why do you ignore simple instructions? Does that make you bad ass? You shouldn't have a g-damn job if you can't get that right.

Its still on him. PB allergies can flare up even if other things are made in the same place where items with peanut or peanut butter is made.

He should know this as a parent with a kid having such an allergy. He likely screwed up and was too casual about it and then overcompensated for his own screw up along with the employee's. Seen it more than a few times maybe just not as extreme.

Its still on him. PB allergies can flare up even if other things are made in the same place where items with peanut or peanut butter is made.

He should know this as a parent with a kid having such an allergy. He likely screwed up and was too casual about it and then overcompensated for his own screw up along with the employee's. Seen it more than a few times maybe just not as extreme.

Yeah, but a hate crime? I wrote this response based off the headline, but once I watched the video, the only thing I heard him say was to call the girl an "immigrant". Is that a hate crime now?

They were all trying to evade responsibility for sending his kid to the hospital. He shouldn't have tried to force his way into the back of the store, but they should have been apologetic and more forthcoming about the ingredients in the kid's food that made him sick.

They could have just said "I'm really sorry" and then there was nothing more to do. The guy probably wouldn't have lost his shtt the way he did if they just apologized.

Yeah, but a hate crime? I wrote this response based off the headline, but once I watched the video, the only thing I heard him say was to call the girl an "immigrant". Is that a hate crime now?

They were all trying to evade responsibility for sending his kid to the hospital. He shouldn't have tried to force his way into the back of the store, but they should have been apologetic and more forthcoming about the ingredients in the kid's food that made him sick.

They could have just said "I'm really sorry" and then there was nothing more to do. The guy probably wouldn't have lost his shtt the way he did if they just apologized.

I mean I'm agnostic to the hate crime thing- no way that holds up.

As for the situation, there are only like 3 things you can order from there with peanut butter in it. The others would never have that in it.

First thing with an allergy like that is to ask if the smoothie would come into contact with nuts. Next is that if you order something where PB is a top 3 ingredient and ask for without PB, I mean come on that is asking for trouble because I guarantee you there would be PB residue where prepping.

I have a deadly mushroom allergy and ask these questions any time we go for dinner. Also if the recipe has mushrooms, asking without doesn't cut it. Had some close calls at a younger age than this boy.

The father was upset and over reacted big time in the manner he did. Call corporate and complain. That said it sounds like the staff didn't do enough or know enough to tell him it could touch Peanuts/PB and the father was too casual about it or not vigilant enough. Again I am skeptical about therr being 3 options only with PB in them - what did he order? Sure left that detail out.

Glad the kid is ok. Could have been a lesson learned for everybody without needed this viral crap and some rich guy loses his job.

Also this is a perfect example of the upper class being clueless to the fact shops like this are barely running because of staffing issues right now. Low quality labor and tired laborers. Just a bad mix of circumstances.

Just curious, and I'm also not justifying the "hate crime" aspect of this situation, but what does her being an immigrant...or not, have ANY earthly thing to do with it?
Heck, in his anger he could've called her a fat, good-for-nothing, smart-mouth little B, and probably gotten away with an apology, ie; "My son was in the ER. I was traumatized at nearly losing him, & I let my grief and anger take over. I apologize etc. etc...".
But why immigrant? What did her immigration status have to do with the issue other than he chose to discriminately & verbally attack her, because of his own prejudices.
Maybe it might not fall in a hate crime category, I don't know how the law is worded. But injecting race & ethnicity as a knee-jerk reaction to stress, is never cool. And maybe a-hol*es like this guy need to understand that fact, so that the next unabashed bigot doesn't get too comfortable attacking someone else, no? JMHO

Just curious, and I'm also not justifying the "hate crime" aspect of this situation, but what does her being an immigrant...or not, have ANY earthly thing to do with it?

Should he be sentenced for 7-10 years, say, if it's a "hate crime", vs. less than a year as a misdemeanor assault, or more likely probation for a first offense?

That's what "hate crime" designation does to normal laws for normal "crimes" or "normal" unsocial behavior in need of sanction.

And, once again, they could have just apologized, and the whole thing never would have escalated. He was triggered by their not acknowledging what they had done - "hey, not my problem I put the wrong thing in your kid's smoothie and he almost died. NOT MY PROBLEM. I DUNNO WHO DID IT." That's what he lost it.

I learned very early in my business career, if it was your mistake, just say "I'm sorry about that." That's all it takes.

Should he be sentenced for 7-10 years, say, if it's a "hate crime", vs. less than a year as a misdemeanor assault, or more likely probation for a first offense?

That's what "hate crime" designation does to normal laws for normal "crimes" or "normal" unsocial behavior in need of sanction.

And, once again, they could have just apologized, and the whole thing never would have escalated. He was triggered by their not acknowledging what they had done - "hey, not my problem I put the wrong thing in your kid's smoothie and he almost died. NOT MY PROBLEM. I DUNNO WHO DID IT." That's what he lost it.

I learned very early in my business career, if it was your mistake, just say "I'm sorry about that." That's all it takes.

By the way, Mods - THANK YOU for the new tagline!

Gonna get some bacon jalapeño Mac and cheese and a peanut butter smoothie tomorrow.

Promise I won’t spit on anyone, call them any slurs, or throw said smoothie at an employee, in the process.

Danny Hurley….take notes and stay in the house so this never happens to you, ya friggin psycho.

Good game going on. Whatever happened to Akok? He started early in the season, but he doesn’t play at all now. Jackson is a great athlete, defensive player and passer, but can’t shoot a lick. He would be amazing playing the wing on defense In the zone. I wonder if they are happy at UCONN?

Good game going on. Whatever happened to Akok? He started early in the season, but he doesn’t play at all now. Jackson is a great athlete, defensive player and passer, but can’t shoot a lick. He would be amazing playing the wing on defense In the zone. I wonder if they are happy at UCONN?

Damnit!!!! I was about to tune in solely for this reason. Figured he wouldn’t get run until they were down 10+ in the second half though. I missed it!
He banged the scorers table while Nova was attacking in transition off a long pass and the ref stopped it and T’d him.

Then Hurley was waving the crowd and got ejected. It was hilarious.

Now UConn’s Jackson got a T for taunting a Nova player.

That program is trash.
I would rather be what we are than that chit.

Jackson just got a technical. The crowd is all over the refs. To be fair, the two technicals were pretty cheap. Let the players play.