Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

UConn’s official response is pretty funny—it says they “vigorously disagree” with the ruling.

So they “strenuously object” like Demi Moore in A Few Good Men.

They can't handle the truth.

Not funny, I am sure they will figure out how to raise my taxes or add on to an already exorbitant state fee to cover their ineptitude.

UConn’s official response is pretty funny—it says they “vigorously disagree” with the ruling.

So they “strenuously object” like Demi Moore in A Few Good Men.

They can't handle the truth.

Maybe they should not follow the advice of the galactically stupid!

Last edited:
What I thought was telling, if I’m remembering correctly, I think they fired Ollie after the allegations were made public but before the final findings and sanctions were handed out. I thought they were admitting his guilt before the NCAA’s final determination was completed. I could be wrong but I thought it made it pretty transparent that he was fired for performance and the NCAA allegations were a convenient excuse - they just wanted him gone. I wonder if they had waited till the process was totally completed, if it would have made a difference?

What I thought was telling, if I’m remembering correctly, I think they fired Ollie after the allegations were made public but before the final findings and sanctions were handed out. I thought they were admitting his guilt before the NCAA’s final determination was completed. I could be wrong but I thought it made it pretty transparent that he was fired for performance and the NCAA allegations were a convenient excuse - they just wanted him gone. I wonder if they had waited till the process was totally completed, if it would have made a difference?
It would have. Or if they’d simply worked out a payment agreement instead of trying to hold out on one of their best alums, who had also gotten them a NC.
It was petty and stupid, something the UConn admin is known for, see; Big East lawsuit. As usual, it’s come back to bite them.

Last edited:
This is exactly right. The arbiter said essentially that if UConn had waited 16 months or so until the show/cause ruling they would have prevailed. That being said, $11 million was definitely worth it in the end considering where the program was headed. I wouldn’t be happy as a current student though. It’ll probably mean that an additional $500 in fees.

Maybe they can see what the football stadium might bring on Ebay.
The problem with that is the stadium belongs to the state government and not UConn. It would be real tough to convince the state to sell it and give them the money.

Maybe they should not follow the advice of galactically stupid!

Galactically Stupid should be what I name my fantasy teams since I'm so bad at it.

How do they raise the funds to offset this payment? Students? Residents? Pan handling on the Merritt Parkway when someone gets in an accident and it becomes a parking lot (but it is a scenic ride, to be fair)?

(BTW, I love CT as a state. I may end up there one day. Absolutely beautiful.)

As post mortem of the arbitration, Randy Edsall is due a bonus of $1.35 mil which was triggered as part his contract, even in retirement, if the school had to pay Ollie.

Truly adding insult to injury. LOL

More on that incident

I didn't even have time to say, "Ruin him."

Merrill Lynch, where Iannazzo worked as a financial advisor, said Sunday it acted quickly on learning of the incident.

"Our company does not tolerate behavior of this kind. We immediately investigated and have taken action. This individual is no longer employed at our firm," the company said in a statement.

I didn't even have time to say, "Ruin him."

Merrill Lynch, where Iannazzo worked as a financial advisor, said Sunday it acted quickly on learning of the incident.

"Our company does not tolerate behavior of this kind. We immediately investigated and have taken action. This individual is no longer employed at our firm," the company said in a statement.
I get he was upset about the peanut allergy, but I have been upset before without being racist and assaulting people.