Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Any idea what the Miami facilities are like? I always felt like Miami could be a sleeping basketball giant. Florida has had great teams, there's a lot of talent down there, the weather, etc.

Not great, from what I've heard.
And their fan support is legendarily apathetic.
Oh, and hurricanes. It's not just a catchy team name. ;)

Larranaga is an excellent coach, but their style isn't much more fun to watch than UVA's, and they almost never send anybody to the Association.

Short of Cal/WWW swooping in late with a bag a la Plan Q, you have to like our chances here.

UConn is sinking fast. We know it, they know it, everyone knows it.
They didn't help themselves by having stinker seasons these last few years, and even if they turn it around this year, the crucial factor will always be the AAC. They simply won't be able to keep up by being in that league, regardless of the wins and losses.
The future calls out to us, while they're literally on the outside looking in. Couldn't happen to a better fan base. #DieUDirtyDogsDie
We are hitting our post sanctions nadir...we have issues though (Dome reno dragging on, Coach Boeheim's pending retirement, decreasing attendance, will recruiting suffer the last few seasons under JB) however Cuse has about 35 Million More Rea$0ns annually to be hopeful we are in a much better place going forward.

I love how they call JB's kid a scrub...he is exactly the type of player who will come off the bench and drain four 3 point shots in a row on you.

UConn is scraping by on a generous Nike contract, a SNY TV deal and and about 14 shekels a year from the AAC TV contract. They play their games in a crumbling architectural disaster (XL Center) and a mid-major sized arena on campus. UConn fans realize games versus directional Carolina/Florida and Temple bring no juice.

Football is losing momentum...their recruiting is at MAC levels. Obviously Coach Edsall might be able to claw and scrap out some 6-7 win seasons but no one is watching their games on TV. They have nearby ACC and B1G schools picking the best players from New England/NYC while they will have to rely on 2 stars and development. They can carve out a niche but they will not contend in the AAC as USF/UCF/Houston have better recruiting grounds.

Last edited:
Any idea what the Miami facilities are like? I always felt like Miami could be a sleeping basketball giant. Florida has had great teams, there's a lot of talent down there, the weather, etc.

I'm sure somebody here will complain and tell you Miami's facilities are better because they are executing a 1.7 million dollar renovation to the Melo center, but their practice facility is their arena which they share with the women. It is not the Melo Center which cost a considerable amount more.

UConn is sinking fast. We know it, they know it, everyone knows it.
They didn't help themselves by having stinker seasons these last few years, and even if they turn it around this year, the crucial factor will always be the AAC. They simply won't be able to keep up by being in that league, regardless of the wins and losses.
The future calls out to us, while they're literally on the outside looking in. Couldn't happen to a better fan base. #DieUDirtyDogsDie

Right. Even if they become a consistently good program again, there will be a much lower ceiling than what they used to have.

They went from being a peer program of Cuse, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State to hoping to be a John Chaney Temple or Xavier level program. And even that's best case scenario and not easy to do.

Right. Even if they become a consistently good program again, there will be a much lower ceiling than what they used to have.

They went from being a peer program of Cuse, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State to hoping to be a John Chaney Temple or Xavier level program. And even that's best case scenario and not easy to do.
Their future BFF arch-rivals will be a crappy state school in the Tornado Belt and an old rival in a bad part of Philly. They really need to figure out if Football is worth it. Rutgers is their worst nightmare...the B1G already has their scarlet headed step child in NJ...they don't need another drag on earnings.

The ACC is UConn's only hope...and that is longshot with most schools south of UNC/Duke wanting nothing to do with them.

Their future BFF arch-rivals will be a crappy state school in the Tornado Belt and an old rival in a bad part of Philly. They really need to figure out if Football is worth it. Rutgers is their worst nightmare...the B1G already has their scarlet headed step child in NJ...they don't need another drag on earnings.

The ACC is UConn's only hope...and that is longshot with most schools south of UNC/Duke wanting nothing to do with them.
And they also have to live with the fact that the B10 chose Rutgers over them.

I believe the only thing I can do for the UCONN fans is apologize to them......

I'm sorry that the women's team is the best team on campus

.....I'm sorry we are in a P5 conference playing against real teams all year.

You're on a brutal roll today... lol. No Mercy!! ;)

I believe the only thing I can do for the UCONN fans is apologize to them...

I'm sorry that the women's team is the best team on campus
Stay tuned. ;)

...as predicted. The decline was slow but inevitable. They were able to get by on their brand at least initially, but the bloom is off that rose now.

So you're saying there's a good part of Philly? :cool: {I vill be here all the veek.}

This^^^
They're trying to have it both ways, i.e.; Gonzaga-like, but with a P5-level ftball program. That costs money under the best of circumstances, and once that OBE exit fee money runs dry next year, the long inevitable decline will continue.
Yeah, they have the 4 NC's...kudos! But being in a secure league is priceless. If I had to choose their past vs our future, I'd take our situation every time. And whether they want to admit it or not, so would they.

This is great stuff. I guess because we're in the AAC and we've had two out of three bad years (the last one being because we lost two of our best three players for the year at the beginning of the year which no program could recover) we're relegated to mid-major status forever. Makes perfect since because that 2014 National Championship was many many moons ago. And then the main reason Syracuse fans say this is the way it is so it has to be true.

LOL I can't wait for Adams, Gilbert, Larrier, Vital, Anderson, Williams and hopefully Wilson to run them the **** off the Garden floor. But the great thing about being a UConn fan is that regardless of what happens on that cold December night in NYC, I'm walking out of MSG with the 4 to 1 chant at maximum decibel levels. :)

I feel like this would be disrespectful to those forced to share space with this guy.

Funny how UConn likes to blame their suck year in the AAC on injuries, but they had Gilbert and Larrier for the Wagner loss and Larrier played in the Northeastern loss. If you're UConn there's zero excuse for those losses and finishing lower than 3rd in that abomination of a conference.

I feel like this would be disrespectful to those forced to share space with this guy.

LOL. They really don't understand that they still had Big East(the real one) level talent in 2014, just one year after the Big East split up? Now they don't, and likely never will again? What is complicated about this?

Funny how UConn likes to blame their suck year in the AAC on injuries, but they had Gilbert and Larrier for the Wagner loss and Larrier played in the Northeastern loss. If you're UConn there's zero excuse for those losses and finishing lower than 3rd in that abomination of a conference.

Forget third, they haven't manage to do better than sixth in that "Conference" three years running.

I always think it's funny when they try to devalue our title by saying they beat us that year. I mean...we blew them out on their court in '99(they were lucky to avoid the Dome in '03, we were undefeated at home). We beat them in '04 with Craig Forth outplaying Okafor. Pretty sure we beat them in 2011(maybe the weakest NC team I've ever seen) but I don't care enough to look it up.

Like...is that supposed to be a bragging point? Because we've got the same one on them. Who really cares though?

Last edited:
MSGSeven said:

This is great stuff. I guess because we're in the AAC and we've had two out of three bad years (the last one being because we lost two of our best three players for the year at the beginning of the year which no program could recover) we're relegated to mid-major status forever. Makes perfect since because that 2014 National Championship was many many moons ago. And then the main reason Syracuse fans say this is the way it is so it has to be true.

LOL I can't wait for Adams, Gilbert, Larrier, Vital, Anderson, Williams and hopefully Wilson to run them the **** off the Garden floor. But the great thing about being a UConn fan is that regardless of what happens on that cold December night in NYC, I'm walking out of MSG with the 4 to 1 chant at maximum decibel levels. :)

Exhibit A of why it was so great to beat these j***offs down in Atlantis on Thanksgiving two years ago, ruining their entire season.

I hate that fanbase and always will, which is why it is so much fun to watch them swirling down the toilet, descending toward mid-major status. I'm laughing at their plight the entire way, and laughing AT them for their collective delusion about being rescued from the AAC.

Last edited:
Stack up everything as programs and the similiarties are extremely close. We have more wins, final four appearances, one less national title appearance. The 4-1 is a mix of our terrible luck (Coleman free throws, Arinze, Fab, playing an all time team in UK in 96) and their miracle runs helped out by playing Butler and Ga tech. Facts are facts and it is 4-1 but spare me the whole bs notion that they are far superior. Luck goes a longgggg way, dont apologize for it but at least acknowledge it

Head to head Syracuse leads 55–38

Last edited: