Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Seems like Gregg Marshall may have cost himself a big time job offer with these past few years. That being said he did strike when the iron was hot and got a nice rich long term contract from Wichita St. a few years back.

UConns best wins (per Ken Pom):
Syracuse (39)
SMU (117)
Wichita (142)

That’s it, no other wins in the top 235. Their only win not at home this year was against us. 3-9 vs the top 235.

ODU vs the top 235: 8-6
GaTech vs the top 235: 5–10

Albany is closer to Hartford than it is to Syracuse. So... it may be Cuse's backyard in a manner of speaking, but I've always felt Albany was more NYC oriented than upstate oriented. More Giants fans there than Bills fans, for instance.

The selective use of Hartford instead of Storrs to make his point is great and shouldn’t be overshadowed by thinking that Albany is more NYC than Upstate “oriented” because of the NFL fans.

The selective use of Hartford instead of Storrs to make his point is great and shouldn’t be overshadowed by thinking that Albany is more NYC than Upstate “oriented” because of the NFL fans.

another point--isnt jackson from amsterdam which is west of albany? i gather amsterdam is closer to syracuse than hartford, if were going to split hairs.

Last edited:

Lol. More Giants fans than Bills? You don’t say.

That’s like saying “there’s more Bills fans in Rochester than Albany.”

Buffalo to Albany is a haul. There’s probably more Giants fans in Syracuse than Bills fans too. Older franchise with lots of “Giants” families that go generations deep and also a more successful franchise.

I’ve lived in the Albany area off and on for 20 years. I know of several bars I could regularly see Syracuse games; I’ve literally never seen UConn games on (even when they were relevant).

Go north to Saratoga/Glens Falls, and Syracuse is very clearly the college team people follow.

By that (arbitrary) barometer, the Mohawk Valley having more Giants fans than Bills fans (by sample size of Starter jackets seen at Whitesboro Central Middle & High School and Sangertown Square Mall in the 90’s)... concludes that the culture of the entire area is more NYC than upstate. Peer reviewed here, folks.

Thank you for such deep insight on regional fandom, random Ucon fan with an overall intelligence quotient that makes your average Kardashian look like the testube lovechild of Einstein and da Vinci with a splash of DNA from Hawking, Newton, Tony Stark, and Charles Xavier.
FBC165C3-C6CD-4EF4-BDBF-9DA4A865EE85.gif

I’ve lived in the Albany area off and on for 20 years. I know of several bars I could regularly see Syracuse games; I’ve literally never seen UConn games on (even when they were relevant).

Go north to Saratoga/Glens Falls, and Syracuse is very clearly the college team people follow.
It's laughable to even think there would be Yukon fans in the CD.

another point--isnt jackson from amsterdam which is west of albany? i gather amsterdam is closer to syracuse than hartford, if were going to split hairs.
Yes, Amsterdam. That coach has to be pissed Andre and his bro play for AA