Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Did Bobby, Sr. give Danny his old suits and shirts, because Danny's clothes never seem to fit properly?

They think they can beat us in transition. While a half court game definitely favors us, so will running

Even if we shoot horribly I have a feeling we will clean up the glass nicely when all is said and done. Their frontline is bad.

Nov 12th: Poster Champs99and04

You're conference record is 17-31 since you moved to the ACC. Once Dungey graduates and Babers gets poached by someone at the adult table, you'll be right back to the punching bag you were before. And make no mistake - you're not that good now.

It's short-sighted because it was another domino in a sequence of events that will make amateurism increasingly difficult to justify, and, by extension, fracture college sports irreparably. The closest school in your league is over 300 miles away. That's impractical by any interpretation, and while you might reap the benefits of a more lucrative TV contract in the near future, you've chosen to partake in a model that will fail long-term.

Yup that is exactly what happened...

Yup that is exactly what happened...
You're conference record is 17-31 since you moved to the ACC. Once Dungey graduates and Babers gets poached by someone at the adult table, you'll be right back to the punching bag you were before. And make no mistake - you're not that good now.

It's short-sighted because it was another domino in a sequence of events that will make amateurism increasingly difficult to justify, and, by extension, fracture college sports irreparably. The closest school in your league is over 300 miles away. That's impractical by any interpretation, and while you might reap the benefits of a more lucrative TV contract in the near future, you've chosen to partake in a model that will fail long-term.
Where to begin?
  • Dungey graduates. Got us there.
  • Babers get poached - not likely now
  • You're not that good now - let's see - 9-3 in the ACC vs. 1-11 in the mighty AAC. lol
  • Closest school in your league is over 300 miles away - ok, but Temple is 235 miles away. Not that big a difference. But our furthest opponent is 1415 miles away. UConn's is 1775, and they have 5 conference members further away than Miami is from Syracuse. Talk about a model that will fail long-term.
  • Yes. We will reap the benefits of a more lucrative TV contract in the near future. And the long term.
See ya, guys!

Where to begin?
  • Dungey graduates. Got us there.
  • Babers get poached - not likely now
  • You're not that good now - let's see - 9-3 in the ACC vs. 1-11 in the mighty AAC. lol
  • Closest school in your league is over 300 miles away - ok, but Temple is 235 miles away. Not that big a difference. But our furthest opponent is 1415 miles away. UConn's is 1775, and they have 5 conference members further away than Miami is from Syracuse. Talk about a model that will fail long-term.
  • Yes. We will reap the benefits of a more lucrative TV contract in the near future. And the long term.
See ya, guys!
Show a bit of compassion will you???? Do you have any idea how much this Babers signing hurts them?

id love to hear how much the aac schools earn annually. I bet acc schools will be close to $40m next year with acc network. do aac schools even get $10m? even assuming $15m, which i bet is high, that's a huge discrepancy and cannot be sustained from a competitive standpoint long-term. bye felicia.

id love to hear how much the aac schools earn annually. I bet acc schools will be close to $40m next year with acc network. do aac schools even get $10m? even assuming $15m, which i bet is high, that's a huge discrepancy and cannot be sustained from a competitive standpoint long-term. bye felicia.
I don't think it is near 15 million

I believe it is under $10M, and closer to $7.

$37m difference in revenue then. 528% more but who is counting.

Maybe we should just buy hurley and sit him. Wed still have an extra $35m to spend above uconn’s take. Although hes a dweeb so no need.

AAC is $126m over 7 years expiring in 2020. That's under $2m a year for basketball and football.

The Big East is $500m over 12 years in comparison. That's over $4m a year just for basketball.

2016-17, the last year reported,
uconn got a$8.088m
syracuse got $25.3m

uconn's number likely went down last year and they will be lucky if it doesn't go down again in 2018-19
all the acc teams, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, are going to go north of $40m by 2020

uconn athletic department is in serious trouble. they only break even because they are #1 among the nation's public schools in amount of money directed to the athletic department via student fees, etc, and it makes up over 50% of their budget already

all the rosey boneyard talk in the world doesn't change the fact that they cannot possibly keep up in the college athletics arms race. there are only so many multi million dollar salaries you can save by tossing coaches under the bus.

uconn got a$8.088m
syracuse got $25.3m

uconn's number likely went down last year and they will be lucky if it doesn't go down again in 2018-19
all the acc teams, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, are going to go north of $40m by 2020

uconn athletic department is in serious trouble. they only break even because they are #1 among the nation's public schools in amount of money directed to the athletic department via student fees, etc, and it makes up over 50% of their budget already

all the rosey boneyard talk in the world doesn't change the fact that they cannot possibly keep up in the college athletics arms race. there are only so many multi million dollar salaries you can save by tossing coaches under the bus.

Danny Hurley is really upset with your comments.

He wants you to shut up.

uconn got a$8.088m
syracuse got $25.3m

I have to think it's only a matter of time before Rosey Boneyard shows up as a character in the Mueller probe.

No, they don't. The AAC was floating the idea of a grant of media rights to the conference for an expected TV contract of just $8M per school.

AAC is $126m over 7 years expiring in 2020. That's under $2m a year for basketball and football.

The Big East is $500m over 12 years in comparison. That's over $4m a year just for basketball.

Some of them realize their football program has missed its chance at a P-5 spot, and now they are so bad it's unlikely to ever come. Those UConn fans are saying drop down or go independent in football and get the basketball program back to the Big East, where it can still remain nationally relevant. It would be a best case for them, because there's likely no more conference realignment until 2024 or 2025 - six or seven long years away.

uconn got a$8.088m
syracuse got $25.3m

Some of that is still Big East break-up money, I believe.